Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 11:18 AM   #151  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, that's scary. She looks a LOT like you! Probably some sort of inbreeding thing. You're pretty darned attractive, aren't you.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:16 PM   #152  
WW Moderator

Great idea, Squeaker, then I can get Slo-Mo Replays!!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:03 PM   #153  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Wow Ruthxxx! You really do look alike! Maybe she is your evil twin Ruthless?
Old 11-15-2003, 08:38 AM   #154  
Hot Stuff

You girls are hilarious!
Old 11-16-2003, 06:41 AM   #155  

Okay, I'm doing something tacky, here. I'm cut and pasting my post from another forum. Pardon me.

If you're eating your breakfast, move away from the computer, because I have an icky story to tell.

Well, I DID go to the doctor yesterday. But it wasn't for my shoulder.
DD and I went out to do the Christmas shopping. We stopped for lunch at noon, and got chicken burgers. I took a bite of mine and it stuck in my throat! I could NOT get it out. Major embarrassment in the restaurant with lots of people giving me advice.
Finally I told my daughter we should just leave, we went and did a bit more Christmas shopping with me periodically heaving into a cup because I couldn't swallow my saliva. (I'm British, and have a stiff upper lip. Better to die than to admit anything is wrong.)
Decided then I'd better get home... I don't know how I drove home, now.

By four o'clock, DH was getting ready to visit his Mom, who's in the hospital overnight. I decided I'd pop along with him and check into emergency.
I'm SO glad I did! You should have seen me. What a mess. Walking around emergency clutching a kidney bowl to my chest. I had x-rays done, they tried nitroglycerine to relax my esophagus. Nothing. Finally they put me into a bed hooked up to heart moniters, and gave me nitro plus something else that they shot into my arm, and some cocoa-cola. All at once. Woof! That did it! You should have SEEN the size of that piece of chicken! I was so embarrassed (the British thing again). The doctors and nurses were SO sweet.
I now have an emergency appointment to see a GI. (gastro something or other...) Probably have cancer or something.

Anyhow, I've lost two pounds. All I had yesterday was that bite of chicken burger. Oh, and some soup last night (doctor told me to stick to a liquid diet for the next two days) which didn't stay down. (I TOLD you not to eat your breakfast while reading this, didn't I?)
I'm having a coffee right now, and I seem to be okay. Some bland soup later, perhaps.
I'm using this whole thing as an excuse to get back on track.

love and hugs to all...
Going to get my second coffee.
Please remember to take small bites and chew your food well.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:03 AM   #156  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ellis - I am so glad you are ok, hon! And congrats on the 2 lbs.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:16 AM   #157  
Hot Stuff

Oh ellis, what a horrible thing to have to go through! Glad you went to the ER finally. Why is it they have you seeing a gastroenterologist? Was this just a freak incident, or have you been having other problems? Hope you feel better today and can keep some food down.

At least you have a 2lb loss to console you.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:20 AM   #158  
the kid's counting on me!

Ellis, I felt positively awful laughing the way I did when I just read your post. Honey, it sounds terrible but, you are so funny the way you tell a story. Next time go to the doctor right away you goofy Britisher!!!

anyway, glad that you have an excuse to get back on track and pooh,pooh, on the cancer statement!!!! heaven forbid! throw some salt over your left shoulder, genuflect and knock wood.
Love, Soozie
Old 11-16-2003, 01:06 PM   #159  

how awful Ellis! Thank goodness you finally went to the emergency....Hope you are going to be okay and next time ignore that British upper lip young lady!

Old 11-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #160  
Canadian, eh?

Dear Ellis, you poor thing. What a terrible way to spend the day for you. I can completely relate to the British reserve - that's me too. Stiff upper lip, jolly hockeysticks etc. I married an Italian, and when something happens to him, the whole world has to know about it. Cultural differences are so interesting.

Hope you're feeling better.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:01 PM   #161  

I'm sorry that you had to go though such an awful experience, Ellis. Let us know how the test goes! I am glad that you are okay!
Stay well...we need you here to keep those "others" in line...but of course not me because I am such an angel!
Old 11-16-2003, 06:56 PM   #162  

Thank you, girls. You're all very sweet. I was actually thinking of you while I was in emergency. Immediately after the trauma was over, I said to DH, "Wait until I tell the girls at 3fatchicks this story!" (Soozie, I KNEW you'd laugh. snort.)
Ah, yes, Wildfire... a gastroenterologist! This has happened to me about six times over the last two years. But all the other times I was able to get the food down within about five minutes. Five hours was a bit ruddy much.
Oh, Merrylegs... I WISH I were Italian! Another stupid thing that I did in the hospital... when they gave me all those meds at once I IMMEDIATELY felt ill, and I looked at the doctor and said, "Is it okay if I throw up?" Talk about STIFF!!

Hey, I've almost finished my Christmas shopping! Squeak, you inspired me!
And I've bought Christmas decorations. This year, there is going to be A COLOUR THEME! We are NOT going to hang every damned knick knack we can find ON THE TREE!!
Old 11-16-2003, 08:08 PM   #163  

Nice to know you were thinking of us while throwing up ellis

I can't believe you've almost done your Christmas shopping! What colour are you doing your tree? We don't have room for one in my place so I bought a little table topper one last year and put some lights up on the balcony
Old 11-16-2003, 08:16 PM   #164  

Well, I thought as my living and dining are red and green, I'd go for red and green this year.
Seriously, I bought a bunch of red, gold and silver stuff to decorate with. I don't want to see anything blue or pink on the tree!
Hey, they have some cool "trees" at White Rose. They're tall and thin. Sort of funky looking. A big branch stuck onto a metal stand with bits and pieces of branches stuck in them. Sort of Charlie Brownish. They're cool... I want one... ours always takes up SO much room.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:57 PM   #165  
the kid's counting on me!

hope that you're continuing to feel better Ellis. Please keep us posted about how the doc appts. go. and Please be really careful until then...as you said, small bites and chew, chew, chew...

maybe we could ask Jennifer if we could get a smilie tossing it's cookies icon.

Wasn't it Janis Joplin, oh, no, it was Mama Cass Elliot who died choking on a piece of sandwich. Don't go there Ellis, love.

Once when I was working at a daycamp I got a piece of hard candy stuck in my throat. I tried warm water to dissolve it and then the women who worked in the kitchen gave me a tablespoon of some kind of cooking oil...that was disgusting. I think it was the small sips of warm water that finally got it to slide down. But, I felt uncomfortable for awhile after that...and that was only a piece of candy, not a hunk-o-chicken burger.

Well, take care you!
and talk to you all tomorrow.
Love, Soozie
Closed Thread