3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Help!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/33537-help.html)

bella23 10-22-2003 09:05 PM

Help!!!

Ok I need your help. Docs say I have to stay in bed till Sat at least. (well in bed as much as possible when my kids are here, lol) So now for the question, WHAT AM I GOING TO DO, lol. I DO NOT want to much, but today didn'lt go so well. I had 3 candy bars today and I'm worried that it's only going to get worse. It sucks to have to stay in bed. And I'm not that hungary, jut get the munchies.

Any advice? From being sick, I have lost about 4lbs in the last week and I don't want to put on weight by being stuck at home in bed by myself all day.

So I'm looking to you all for suggestions! Please!

rochemist 10-22-2003 11:05 PM

read, do ur nails, knit, watch the clock if its been only 10 min since the last food u r probably eating out of bordem, take a long bath, organize the bills, write in ur journal

miss chris

rochemist 10-22-2003 11:06 PM

do u have crayons and a colouring book? one of my favorite things as a kid when i was sick

miss chris

Jennifer 3FC 10-22-2003 11:19 PM

Balance your checkbook, rent some movies, or buy a book about something you just LOVE but don't have time for, like a romance, or mystery, or a self help book.

dentrassi 10-23-2003 10:46 AM

I was going to suggest a book too!!! Something fun and trashy.....Sci Fi, fantasy, mystery, whatever your FUN read is!! It REALLY makes the time pass!!

soozie 10-23-2003 11:03 AM

all those sound good, or sign up for extra cable...sometimes they have an offer where you get something free for the first month and then cancel it when you're feeling better, get some trashy magazines that you normally wouldn't read...do arts and crafts, put photos into albums, crochet (or knit), drink tea and water, invite a girlfriend over to chit chat...an excuse to just sit around talking and relaxing...you both can justify it, the doctor told you to and she is being a good friend...she can even bring a nice healthy lunch so you can tell yourself, after breakfast that you aren't going to eat anything cause your buddy is bringing a good healthy lunch...

and you can offer to pay for the food,
you buy, she flies...
ie, you pay and she does the pick-up...

paper dolls are fun in addition to coloring...I love to color with a fresh box of crayons.
write each of your kids names in big block letters and then color them in with different patterns or whatever...or get some old catalogues and magazines and cut out pictures to fill in the letters...

okay, I'm going a little Martha Stewart on you...sorry...

love, Soozie
or lil boobin suzan
or perky
umm...bella...you don't know me yet so you'll have to stalk around or ask the other chickies why I have three names now...
and girls...I can't even hold a pencil under them now...used to be able to carry two cans of Aqua Net there...and if you think I'm joking wait until you see my before and afters....love ya.

soozie 10-23-2003 11:09 AM

okay Bella, one more thing...hey, can you read this in bed, do you have a lap top or are you cheating when you're online...hmmm...set up a cot so you can be on line and recline at the same time or use two chairs at the computer and pile up pillows so your feet are up and you're more or less in a prone position while online.

One more suggestion..and watch some yoga or exercise videos...

I find that I always do better if I prescreen them to see whats gonna happen next before I try to do them but, I normally am too impatient to take the time, you'll be investing in your health by doing exercise video research and also many of the yoga tapes have a meditation before and after the active asana part of the practice and the meditation will be very beneficial to your health.

okay Soozie, go knit you're just blathering on and on and on...
feel better soon Bella!

bella23 10-23-2003 07:17 PM

Thank you all!! Great suggestions

Soozie, I'm cheeting. I have been sleeping on the coutch because it is more comfy to sleep sitting up, I don't cough as mucn. But I manage to sit at the puter desk for a few min.

I haven't actually had that much of a problem. Once I started to take my meds, I end up sleeping for most of the day and then when I'm up, I'm not hungary at all. I have to make myself eat so I can take my meds. I also got on the scales today and have lost another lb or 2.

Mrs. Chris, I did take a bath today and it was very nice. It was realy relaxing.

And I have watched a couple good movies. Read a couple mag. but I thing that what I like to do most is sleep. I'm just hoping I feel better by sat morning!! I do not want to go to the hospital. (I have not started to feel better yet)

Thanks again for all the advice. It breaks up my long day, lol. Now if I can just get my kids to listen to me, I'd be great, lol.

I'm going to get going now, have a great evening,

Oh Soozie, it's nice to meet you!

soozie 10-23-2003 09:15 PM

Nice to meet you too Bella...
sleep is probably the best possible thing for you to do...
so, that's good. Hope you feel better soon!
Soozie

ellis 10-23-2003 09:41 PM

Bella, I'm so sorry you're sick. Get lots of rest and get better soon, sweetie. :grouphug:

mauvaisroux 10-24-2003 09:32 AM

Stock up on some magazines, puzzles books, maybe some easy crafting items? Most craft stores have beginner's kits or items for kids that would be good if you are not usually a crafter. I got a small and easy crosstich kit that included a hoop the sized of my hand, the material already in it, the needle and the threads for about $5.00. It may keep your hands busy and your mind focused on something other than the clock or munching. :)

bella23 10-24-2003 12:54 PM

Mauv. I love to do crafts, but the store is a little far for mr to go right now. I also paint, but that is hard to do in bed! I can't wait to get back to that!

But I have been putting together my gift packages to sell at a local craft fair. I also have to take pictures of them so that I can add them to my catalog (not trying to advertise!!!) So that is keeping me busy.

I also have been doing my reading assignments for my Sociology class. (BORING, lol) But at least I won't be behind when I can go back to school.

But I am going to cheet this afternoon. My daughter has her first harvest festival at school this evening, and I'm going to take her. I hate for her to miss it when she has been so excited about it! But I don't plan on staying that long, just long enough to let her have some fun.

I go to the docs again tomorrow morning. They will see if the pneumonia is better and if it is, I'll be allowed to do more! I have my fingers crossed!

Thank you all again!!

mauvaisroux 10-28-2003 04:15 PM

Did you get any news from the Doc, Bella?

How was the Harvest Festival? :)

bella23 10-28-2003 09:08 PM

Well I ended up having the pneumonia in both lungs and on Friday I felt horrible. So we didn't go to the harvest festival. (ended up not being her school anyway) So we'll attend her schools on Nov. 12.

I feel MUCH better now. I'm able to go back to school as long as I still take it easy for the next week. It's funny. I feel better now then I have in the past month and I'm still not 100%. But I hope to be there by the end of the week.

Thanks for all your suggestions! You're all GREAT!!