3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick chat October 12+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/33111-alternachick-chat-october-12-a.html)

ellis 10-16-2003 08:03 PM

Squeak, YOU need a vacation, too! :grouphug: I hope your headache is gone.

Ruth, I thought you were eating AT the dump. :D

I like the dinner club idea, Jessica. Wildfire, please move to Ottawa before you start one up. ;)

One year we did a New Year's Eve "neighbour thing". Four of us on one street (plus a bunch of other friends) took turns entertaining. It was fun! It was the year 2000. We had a hoot, and it was fun walking down the street in the snow to the next house (and the next mound of food)! Plus watching the festivities on television. There we were, a short walk from Parliament Hill, watching the hoo ha on TV. Sheer laziness. :D

sflake 10-17-2003 09:14 AM

Ellis ~ that sounds like such fun!

ellis 10-17-2003 10:46 AM

Ha! What a lovely start to my day! I just got a call from a friend (one of my sister's best friends) saying he'd heard that my BIL's father just died, and when was the funeral. I called around to see if I could find out WHAT was going on, then ran down to my sister's house to see if my BIL was there. He was there, his Dad (as far as we know) is still alive, and someone ELSES dad had died! aaaaaaargh!!!
My life is never dull. :D

Ruthxxx 10-17-2003 11:45 AM

Sheesh! There is as much faulty information in Ottawa there as in Delta! I'm glad it was a false alarm.

(Does one wear Birkies and socks to funerals in the Nation's Capital?)

Pray for me. I am making cookies for Harold this afternoon. I am going to have him count them so I won't sneak one - oatmeal and Christmas cake fruit, if you must know. I'll make some legal SBD muffins too, I guess.

ellis 10-17-2003 11:56 AM

What happens if I pray for you and then you eat one? Will it ruin our faith in God?

mauvaisroux 10-17-2003 02:49 PM

Yes Ruthxxx, but they have to be black socks and black berkies! ;)

Ellis- you are too fun :lol:

sflake 10-17-2003 03:09 PM

Ruth~ hun not to be mean, but will H remember the count?

Ruthxxx 10-17-2003 03:11 PM

Sflake, I sure as heck hope not! And that isn't mean.....when I lose my sense of humour, I'll have lost my sense of balance!

sflake 10-17-2003 03:14 PM

hehehe Ruthie, I love ya! :grouphug:

Jennifer 3FC 10-18-2003 12:54 AM

Hi everybody, I've been making up for lost time since Rob came back from Holland, but I didn't mean to be gone THIS long. Glad to see everybody is still frisky!

Ruthxxx 10-18-2003 08:24 AM

Um.... jrn, making up or making out?

Rowan Bailey 10-18-2003 08:59 PM

Just a quick hello from sunny Santa Barbara, California....my meetings went great and tongiht I getting a massage....Monday I will be back on strict eating plans....but this weekend I am having a good time.....can't wait to get back to read everything more carefully...

you all are having so much fun this weekend!!!!!! keep it up!!!

RB

Jennifer 3FC 10-18-2003 11:57 PM

Hehe Ruth....:devil:

GingerOfTheNorth 10-20-2003 09:22 AM

Ahhhh! AAAAH!

Yesterday we went to the Renaissance Faire, and walked around for 5 hours or so. I didn't eat the bad bad foods, and yet I woke up this morning having gained TWO POUNDS overnight. So that sucks.

I hope everyone else has a better start to their monday.

squeaker 10-20-2003 06:58 PM

Hey there! :wave:

I have missed you chicks! Frisky is right Jen. :lol:

Sorry I have been out more then in lately. Mentally I have been pretty good, physically - this weather has been kicking my ***. Also have been off plan waaaay more then on. :shrug:
Work has been busy, but that is good. It makes the day go by pretty quick. The calls to me while home have slowed, which is even better.
Went and got pumpkins (and bake goods) Saturday. Apples on Sunday.

Hope things are going well! :)

:mouse: