3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Pigs Anonymous II (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/32762-pigs-anonymous-ii.html)

Jennifer 3FC 10-02-2003 09:04 PM

Lesbia, there is a recipe for a homemade ice cream with 2 coffee cans. You put ingredients in the small can, and then ice and salt between it and the large can, and roll it back and forth across the floor. I have another ice cream recipe somewhere for putting it in a ziplock baggie and squashing it. I'll see if I posted them down on the low carb forum, and if I did, I'll post a link!
If you want a good sugar free ice cream, try Le Carb Cinnamon flavored frozen yogurt. OH WOW, it was good. Lightly cinnamon flavored, and it is Splenda only, no sugar alcohols.

BTW, the other chick had a full sugar, full fat ice cream in a waffle cone! And she paid for it for hours!

Jennifer 3FC 10-02-2003 09:57 PM

Lesbia, I didn't find the others yet, but here is a sherbet recipe:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=12570

Ruthxxx 10-03-2003 07:45 AM

This old chick I know had her very first iced latte yesterday - with whipped cream - and loved it. It's a good thing the cold weather is here or she'd be slurping one a day!

Lesbia 10-03-2003 08:49 AM

Jennifer, thanks bunches! I'll certainly try it out. And that cinnamon ice cream sounds wonderful. Cinnamon is one of my favorite flavors (i get frozen cinnamon lattes all the time, Ruthxxx).

Rowan Bailey 10-03-2003 09:32 AM

Ruth----you can get iced lattes without the whip cream and lowfat milk....with sweetner that should be OP...

Sometimes, when I really need a fix, I will make my own whip cream or use cool whip light.

twodogmom 10-05-2003 09:11 AM

I've been a major :ink: lately! Last week with work related stress and PMSing, I kind of let go. I ate a lot of peanut M&Ms, pistachio nuts, miniature snickers candy bars, peanuts...... arrrgh!! WHY do I do this to myself?? I had been doing so well, and then this. I didn't weigh in last Monday, since it was TOM, and I'm actually afraid to step on the scale tomorrow. But I will bite the bullet and do it....I have to stay accountable and move forward and not let this past week push me backwards.

ellis 10-15-2003 06:51 PM

Oh my gosh. I am right out of control. I was supposed to have a good week. I'm major depressed, and I just ate a shipload of food. And I'm planning on eating more. My pants are cutting off my circulation. I'm so mad at myself, but I just can't stop. :mad:

dentrassi 10-15-2003 09:30 PM

Hey sweetie, don't be so hard on yourself. BUT PUT DOWN THE FOOD!!! Go take a nice bubble bath, but take a nice book in with you and read!!!

mauvaisroux 10-16-2003 07:22 AM

Ellis-:grouphug: hang in there and don't beat yourself up about the eating. Do as Den says then get back on plan.

I have been munching a lot this week and cave in to my buttertart craving yesterday :eek: I am blaming it on PMS!

Rowan Bailey 10-16-2003 10:33 AM

ellis, just start right now, don't think about the last week, it doesn't exist, it doesn't matter, all that matters is the next step you take. take it for yourself, just make a mini goal, eat right for this morning, this afternoon, recommit to yourself moving forward. the past doesn't matter.

if any of us focus on those things, we would never feel the incentive to move forward. your last week doesn't matter, just today, just right now....your FINE..

I worked with a food coach who was a shrink, she told me that when we get into these funks it becomes a cycle, something that we need to do an intervention in to break. Get into the car, go to a movie, do something that will break whatever pattern your in.

We love you no matter how good or bad a week you have, so forgive yourself and move on!!!

rb

Ruthxxx 10-16-2003 11:58 AM

Rowan is right! It IS a cycle!

I had sour jujubes yesterday and feel like having some more today. BUT I WILL NOT!

ellis 10-16-2003 05:06 PM

Thank you Den, Mauvais, Rowan and Ruth. :)
You girls are too wonderful for words. :grouphug:

I'm thinking of having my taste buds singed. My entire life revolves around flavour.

VOW 10-16-2003 05:16 PM

To Ellis:

Go brush your teeth RIGHT NOW to get the "flavors" out of your mouth, and then get a big glass of ice water.

After you drink the water, eat the ice!

Peace to all,
~VOW

Jennifer 3FC 10-16-2003 06:09 PM

Ellis, you sound like I did while Rob was in Holland. I just had a horrible few days in particular, and I totally fell off the wagon. I tried to get back on, but it was so hard to get my eating back in shape. I got on the treadmill and walked, and told myself just for a short walk, and went an hour. I did it again the next day, and I guess it got my endorphins going again and helped jump start me back into my eating plan.

My hardest time to stay on plan, especially after being Off Plan for a while, is right after a meal. I want more, I want crunch, or I want sweet, or something-anything carby, so I have started putting a piece of sugar free cinnamon gum in my mouth as soon as the meal is done, and that helps! I kinda change gears and get on with things, instead of lingering over food. Good luck getting back on track!! You can do it!!

squeaker 10-16-2003 06:21 PM

Ellis, hon, you can get back on plan! Tomorrow is a new day, a new chance. :)