3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   *peeks around corner* Hi, I'm new (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/32460-%2Apeeks-around-corner%2A-hi-im-new.html)

Navi 09-26-2003 04:24 AM

*peeks around corner* Hi, I'm new

Hi, I'm Navi... I just turned 22... I weigh 196 right now and my goal weight is 135. Um... what else... I'm a vegetarian-- I don't eat meat but I still eat dairy products and eggs-- but I am trying to reduce the amount of animal products I eat. I'm addicted to bit:censored:g with my girlfriends over coffee and video games that take up too much of my time (zelda or star wars galaxies, anyone?) and I have twelve pet rats.

*curtsies*

mauvaisroux 09-26-2003 07:47 AM

Hi Navi and welcome! :wave:

sflake 09-26-2003 07:56 AM

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome :D

ellis 09-26-2003 08:04 AM

Navi, twelve rats!? :yikes:
:lol: Welcome to Alternachicks! :wave:

ginya 09-26-2003 08:45 AM

oh yeah, she's an alternatchick alright!
12 rats...12 rats...12...rats...no matter how I say it it just aint right. Are you doing the veggie thing for diet or PETA reasons? I always wonder about that. You have a good goal, so many people of your age want to be 105 and 6 feet tall. Good luck, and welcome!

Ruthxxx 09-26-2003 09:03 AM

Welcome, Navi. About the rats..why?

mauvaisroux 09-26-2003 10:32 AM

Hey! I used to have pet rats Ruthxxx! And they make great pets so nyeah! :p

Oh, and Ellis, I used to have pet mice too although they did not participate in any rodeo events :lol:

Rowan Bailey 09-26-2003 10:52 AM

welcome navi,
your so polite, i could just squeeze your cheeks!!! oops. i am making rosh hashanah dinner and i had a channel moment of my friends aunt myrna, the typical jewish aunt that squeezes cheecks...must be the brisket cooking in my kitchen.

I myself am and Italian Catholic, but I love judiasm, fascinates me, it was the religon that came before christianity.....although i practice more in the alternative world these days. I love Jewish food and I love the opportunity to entertain!!!

I don't care for me personally having rats, snakes and the like, but love women that do, probably because I can't. Fish, Dogs, Cats, Ferrets I have had them all. Now, we have the dog, and the office has adopted two goldfish, one name punk rock fish and the other is no name.

Oh, I am rambling....Welcome Navi, and a wave to the rats!!!!

ellis 09-26-2003 11:02 AM

Mauvais, if you want, I'll catch them for you and put them in our empty hampster cage. You can pick them up on the weekend. ;)

Navi 09-26-2003 05:22 PM

Awwwe! *grins* Thanks for the wonderful welcome! I feel special. ^__^;

I started out with two rats, actually. The boyfriend was skeptical but we'd had mice before, so when a friend of my mom's had rats that needed a home after an elementary school science project we took them. We fell in love. They're so much fun, they're like little dogs except they don't eat or poop as much. Then we got two more (girls this time, so they went to a separate cage) and then later got two MORE (and they got their own cage). Then we went on vacation and when we came back one of the new girls was pregnant. (She was living with a male at the pet store-- we thought she was too young-- oops.) She had ten babies. So at one point we were up to sixteen. Anyway, three of the babies went to a good home, and one of the older girls died, so we are "down to" twelve.

I'm a vegetarian because the concept of meat is icky to me. I'll pass on the decaying flesh, thanks, but I'm not militant about it-- I don't expect everyone else to go veggie just cos I do. I don't like PETA at all. They're all militant and they try to offend people (fat people, jewish people, people whose friend just got murdered, people with kids, the list goes on). But that's an entirely different rant.

Anyway, I'm off for coffee and b:censored:g. I hope you ladies have a wonderful night. ^__^

(Ratties are cuuuuute! Here's a picture of me with Dini, the one who died a couple months ago, on my shoulder.)

ellis 09-26-2003 06:32 PM

Navi, you're a **** of a lot cuter than your rat. (no offense, heh heh)

There's some serious banter that goes on between the veggies and the carnivores here. So please don't be offended. ;) Just join right in.

dentrassi 09-26-2003 07:57 PM

Navi-CUTE RAT!! Ellis is right though, you are MUCH cuter!!

Mauvais-I used to have pet mice too!!! Cute black ones. After they escaped a few times and the cat killed a few (and a couple of them ATE the runt...) we got rid of them. By the way.....my cat left them for me in my SLIPPERS. Which I discovered when I put them ON!!!:yikes:

Ellis-See all the FUN you are missing out on?!? Just ENJOY your little visitors....

Wildfire 09-26-2003 08:40 PM

Hi Navi (and rats)! :wave:

Lesbia 09-27-2003 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Navi
I don't like PETA at all. They're all militant and they try to offend people (fat people, jewish people, people whose friend just got murdered, people with kids, the list goes on). But that's an entirely different rant.
I know what you mean about PETA. I was a vegetarian for about 6 years. I was a member of PETA, and got their newsletter. Then they sent out a survey asking its members if we ate eggs and dairy, and I marked "yes." The next thing I know my mailbox is getting bombarded with photos and stories of the "horrors" of milking and the "barbaric" life of the poor chickens. Sigh. I read it and read it and couldn't take it anymore so I went vegan.

That lasted for 6 months, then I got a survey asking how many protests I'd been on for animal rights, if any. I went back to being a vegetarian. It just seemed to me that PETA was NEVER going to be satisfied. Also, I'd begun to hear disturbing stories of their "tactics," and even though the higher ups deny involvement, it just seems unlikely that they are doing much to stop their more volatile members.

But I've hijacked your thread, haven't I? I'm new here too, and it seems great so far, doesn't it?

Peace!

squeaker 09-27-2003 12:39 PM

Welcome Navi!

I with the other girls - you are cuter then the rat. ;)