3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Ta-Da Sept 14+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/31941-ta-da-sept-14-a.html)

Lesbia 09-26-2003 09:53 AM

Ta-Da! I found a health site for low-sugar weightloss and started lurking! Guess which one! ;)

:waves:

Lesbia

Ruthxxx 09-26-2003 10:02 AM

TA-Da! I tooik both cars in to the dealer for servicing. Not at the same time, of course! Now we are all set for winter.
Hmmmm - need to order wood and turn off the outside water soon.

mauvaisroux 09-26-2003 10:30 AM

Way to go on the ta-da's everyone :cp:

Ta-freakin'-da! I finally got off my duff and posted my entry in the book club forum last night - I was a good girl and read my chapter and did my homework assignment :D ( I am usually a terrible procrastinator and wait to the last minute :rolleyes: )

sflake 09-26-2003 05:55 PM

Ta-Da! I figured out how to put in a custom avatar :D I kept reading messages with the fat orange cat and thought to myself I don't remember saying that, am I losing my mind? :stress: And speaking of avatars I thought Ellis was a little old man when I first started posting here :D hehehe

:bravo: Mauvais! and Ruth (you can come get my 2 cars anytime)

ellis 09-26-2003 06:36 PM

EXCUSE ME, that was NOT a little old man! That was Timothy Findley, my favourite (now dead, sob) author! :lol:

Sflake, I love your avatar...

sflake 09-26-2003 06:50 PM

I will have to check him out. I'm always looking for something new to read. Do you reccommend anything of his in particular?

ellis 09-26-2003 06:52 PM

The Piano Man's Daughter. Or, The Wars. Or, You Went Away.
You'll either love him or hate him, Sflake. He's Canadian. :D

sflake 09-26-2003 06:58 PM

Thanks and I never met a Canadian I didn't like :lol:

ellis 09-26-2003 07:01 PM

That's because you haven't met ME, darling. :lol:

sflake 09-26-2003 07:08 PM

Ahh, but I like you already so thats a plus :lol: Actually I've only ever met 1 Canadian so there is not a lot to draw from :lol:

Gotta run have a great weekend :D

dentrassi 09-26-2003 07:37 PM

Sflake-Your new avatar is GREAT!!

ellis 09-27-2003 08:10 AM

Den, she's only met one Canadian. snicker. How is that possible?
Sflake, you live in Connecticut, huh? Ummm, where the heck exactly IS Connecticut? I can't find it on a map. (I'm serious) I'm sure I'm blessed living so close to the border (we meet all kinds of nutty Americans up here). Is Connecticut sort of in the middle of the US or something? I can't see it on my map here... :mag:
We don't learn US geography in school. We have enough trouble memorizing the 10 (11? or is it 12?) provinces. Funny... we had to memorize all the countries in Africa, though...

sflake 09-27-2003 08:48 AM

Connecticut is on the east coast of the US between New York and Massachusetts. I am about 1 1/2 hours out side of New York. On a clear day I can look accross the sound and see Long Island.

dentrassi 09-27-2003 11:00 AM

Ellis-She needs to move to DETROIT!! People on both sides of the border commute to work internationally DAILY!!! (And this is the only place in the US where you can go SOUTH into Canada!!!

SFLAKE-It is kinda strange here. Ellis once sent me a list of what makes you Canadian and half of the items on the list apply to people who grew up in Michigan!! We get Canadian TV, we love hockey (and have for decades...et al)

squeaker 09-27-2003 12:41 PM

Canada & Canadians are wonderful :D

Coming from someone who's city has been called part of Canada by a few of the bands that play here, even though it is in NY.