Old 06-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #16  

So I have been doing handstands, cartwheels and bridges. My main goal in life is to do a back bend kick over and a pull up.

I'm officially down ten pounds and have lost a half inch to an inch on every measurement.

Nerd Fitness for the win!!
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 01:19 PM   #17  

Start: Tuesday, June 02, 2015 9:22 AM
Neck 14.5"
Chest 44.5"
Biceps 14"
Waist 40.5"
Hips 47"
Thigh 26"
Calf 15"

US Navy formula
Body Fat 51%
Fat Mass 94lbs
Lean Mass 90lbs
Weight 183 BMI 32.5
Body Fat Category: Obese

Current:Wednesday, July 8, 2015 12:38 PM
Neck 14"
Chest 42.5"
Biceps 12"
Waist 39"
Hips 45"
Thigh 23"
Calf 15"

US Navy formula
Body Fat 46%
Fat Mass 80 lbs
Lean Mass 93 lbs
Weight 173 BMI 29.7
Body Fat Category: Obese

Last edited by SuGyong; 07-08-2015 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 243/204/140

Height: 63"

Well done on your weight loss great going ! I used to ride bikes pre kids but hubby has a habit of guilt tripping me when I've owned one since and ended up in a car.. something I never saw myself doing before children. So envy your bike for sure.

I still love metal and tattoos' so I guess I'm not your average mum. lol

hope you are continuing to do well
PurpleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:47 AM   #19  

Hi Purple!

Sorry it took so long to see your message.

Well I'm officially "overweight" instead of obese, so that's a big new thing. I'm halfway to doing pullups without any assistance, and have been putting out 10-15 good solid pushups whenever I think of it (2-4 times a day).

Handstands against the wall are fun and I'm cartwheeling around the house when no one is looking. Ha ha!!

But mostly, and I really mean mostly, what I eat has changed a ton. My basic rule is "If I can pick it off a plant or cut it off of an animal, then I can eat it." No more breads, cakes, pizzas... Staying away from sundaes, candy, milkshakes...

I know that you can justify anything into the category of "It came from a plant" etc, but I'm really into the spirit of the thing and I'm down to 167 from 184.

I don't cheat on my diet but instead, I do calculated calories. So if I'm planning on going to a big pizza and ice cream party, I make sure the rest of the day reflects that and makes up for it. I can also decide that all the work I've done so far isn't worth one junk food meal to undo it all.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:59 PM   #20  

Updating myself here.

Start: 184 /BMI 32.6 /Body fat% 51. Size 16/18 Obese
Now: 165 /BMI 27.5/Body fat% 39. Size 12/13 Overweight

"You can pay me in handstands. Exercise is now a legitimate form of currency.” - Ancient D.Paladin Proverb
Old 03-20-2016, 07:50 PM   #21  

Let me tell you a story of how (yet again!) I succeeded and utterly FAILED.

By October 2015 I got to the second lowest weight as an adult: 158 pounds. The holdays hurt, but I was recovering and staying around 160. In February 2016, work life suddenly exploded in a giant mess to which I had to face staying and ignoring a massive issue or leaving and standing up for what's right.

I left.

And I ate. EVERYTHING!

This week I am starting over in a new place, new job, and almost completely back (180!) to my starting point: 184.

I am so utterly broken and sad. And fat.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:07 AM   #22  

Never give up! Never surrender! Ok, so it's a movie mocking Star Trek. And Tim Allen's character was an ***. But he didn't let anyone change him. He changed HIMSELF.

I lost weight before, and I can do it again!!
I know what works for me. I know what doesn't. Complacency, comfort and CARBS are my enemies! Fruits and Proteins are my friends! I am so good at losing weight and feeling good that way that I don't even have to exercise! When I feel skinny: I. Just. Want. To!

May is coming and I will be looking and feeling as good as I did in October. ****, I felt great all through July, August and September, too!

LET'S DO THIS!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #23  

Down a bit: 174 for the last week (darn plateaus!)
Still working the paleo-ish thing. When something works, for me, I go with it until it doesn't.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #24  

So discouraged. Still approximately the same weight that I was 20 years ago. Some ups, some downs, but in the end, still 175 +/- 3 pounds.

My best weight in my lifetime (as an adult) 140. Worst weight (not pregnant) 184.

Feeling pretty broken, starting to give up.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #25  
Smiley abuser

S/C/G: 300/198.0/175

Height: 5'7"

Don't give up!! you can do this! I am not big on posting, but I have been following your journey from my lurking spot.

I find whenever my weight plateaus, it's because my body has gotten used to whatever I was doing and I need too switch things up a bit. I don't know what this means for you with your paleo diet, but perhaps try some different meats, vegetables etc at different times from what you are used to, or even eating at different times of the day altogether? If you exercise, try to switch that up too! I like running, but sometimes it helps to switch to other forms of cardio for a few weeks so my body doesn't get too complacent.

I find that if I eat the same foods for an extended period of time (let's say I make the same food to last a week, because sometimes I make a lot in one go), my weight loss slows down over time as I eat that. As soon as I am done with that food I tend to lose weight even if I end up consuming more calories during my next meal. This is of course very anecdotal and you may already have tried it too, but it's all the advice I have and I don't want you to give up!

Besides, the Alternachicks forum would be completely dead if it weren't for your updates.
RunningWild is offline   Reply With Quote