Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 12:47 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking Ta Da! July 30 +

New Ta Da! thread for this week...

Ta da- I actually got up the energy to make lunches last night and pick out my clothes for work!
Old 07-30-2003, 03:16 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Well, lord love a duck! What an accomplishment, Mauvais! (I hear ya!)

I just stripped a wall in the apartment. My left hand is still pretty much useless. I can type, but that's about it. I can't even pick anything up that weighs more than 2 pounds. yikes!! I hope I don't develop a large muscular right arm while still having a fat jiggly left. blah.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:50 PM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

So TOMORROW do all the work with your OTHER hand!!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 09:00 PM   #4  

Ellis, I'm impressed! That is hard work. I got through another day with the girls and DH working until very very late...no major upsets and everyone had a nice time, only I felt a little grumpy...a little! I miss my alone time, and I don't walk as much as when the darlings are in school.

Oh but I did clean up the study a little, and sort some of the masses of old photos I have got (all decades of 20th century so it is going to take awhile).

Lidian
Old 07-30-2003, 09:56 PM   #5  

Den darling, my left hand is DAMAGED!

Lidian, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I HATE IT when I hear mothers whinging about wanting their children to go back to school, but my schedule is SHOT!! I'm never alone, there's always someone banging on the bathroom door ("Go upstairs!" ... "No, just hurry up Mom!" ), I feel like a short order cook, and the bathroom is always FILTHY!!
AND they complain about helping out occasionally around the house!! "But Mooooommmm... we're on HOLIDAY!!" Give me strength.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:35 PM   #6  

Ya, like when is your holiday Ellis Hope your hand gets better soon!

TaDa for my Mum! She has lost 5 lbs since she started on the WW menus I designed for her - yay Mum
Old 08-05-2003, 09:55 PM   #7  

Ta da! I finally got my place cleaned up and the bags unpacked and put away from our holiday! (about freakin' time!!!)

I will have to tackle the laundry next
Old 08-05-2003, 09:59 PM   #8  

Ellis is going to have her holiday in September, right Ellis? You and me both! I do really love having my girls home, they are mostly great company, but it is the 10 hours a day of everyone being around and about and wanting me to do the CD-ROMs with them etc...we spent 4 hours on a Nancy Drew CD-ROM today, which was fun for about 2 hrs but we never seem to solve the case! This is the 2nd time we have tried this one...and they say it is more fun when I play too, so how can I resist, but...geez, I am about detected out.

Plus lest you think we sit all day (well, today we did!) there are the swimming lessons all morning (& walking to and from mother's special parking space, which is additional healthy exercise! cuz I have to park in my special place which is about 10 miles from the community centre - just kidding!)

Yay for your mom Mauvais! And for you for designing her menus!

How's your hand Ellis? Better now I hope (perhaps you could score a hand massage - I keep hinting but so far no dice!)

Lidian
Old 08-06-2003, 09:44 AM   #9  

Mauvais, congratulations to your Mom! You must be so happy for her! Parents get to be a worry, don't they.
And thank you... my wrist and arm are getting better.
Congrats on getting your bags unpacked. I can relate.

Oh Lidian... those Nancy Drew mysteries... I think we have them all now (bar perhaps the latest). They're fun, but we're occasionally forced to find a "walkthrough" for them on the Internet. I refuse to travel over and over and over the same ground.
You know what's a good one similar to those? "Inherent Evil". It's a little older (5 years?), and it's SO scary! It freaks DD and I out.
Oh, and there's a "Clue" game. I forget the name. They're on a boat. And in an old house.
DH and DD are currently working on "Dracula: The Last Sanctuary". They have DEFINITELY had to cheat a little with THAT game!
YES! Holiday in September for us, Lidian! Cool weather, my favourite time of year, and quality time with MYSELF!!
(it's the foot massages that I love, Lidian... I'm teaching DD to give them. We lie on the couch in opposite directions, and each get one at the same time.)

Where am I? Ah, Ta-da. Well, my Ta-da is: I've decided NOT to stress about working on the apartment this week. My SIL may be coming down, we're going to Montreal for a couple of days for a mini-holiday, I've got stuff to do for Mom and Dad before Dad's surgery next week, and DH has a sore throat. I may make him wear a mask so I don't catch it. And it's hot as **** right now. Oh, and it's our wedding anniversary. 15 years. Busy damned week, man. I'll get back to work on the apartment NEXT week.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:56 AM   #10  

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:40 AM   #11  

Thank you, sweetie!!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:54 AM   #12  

Ellis! My DD and I do that exact thing for foot massages, Ellis! And she has nice long fingernails too...she does a great back scratch too! (I reciprocate of course)...but we haven't done it in a while.

And Happy anniversary too - 15 years is a LONG time! We are going to be married um, let me think, in September it'll be 16 yrs - so about the same. And together 18 and a half. Yikes...Hope you are doing something extra nice!

My DH arranged some zoo-type outing with friends on the weekend nearest OURS - he said oops, I'll have to change that I guess! He FORGOT, you see. Said "I KNEW it was somewhere around then" - which is something, I suppose! HAHAHA!

Lidian
Old 08-06-2003, 12:07 PM   #13  

Thanks, Lidian!
We do the "tickle back thing", too! I LOVE it. I'd take it over sex (almost) any day.
Don't feel bad about your husband... I ALWAYS forget our anniversary! I made plans to go over to Mom and Dad's today to help them out with some stuff. Until DH said, "Ummm, aren't you forgetting something!?" oops!
I forgot it last year, too. I was out somewhere early in the morning shopping with a friend (DH was sleeping when I left), and when I called to see how the family was doing, my DH wished me a happy anniversary. YIKES!!
Old 08-06-2003, 01:30 PM   #14  

I love tickle back too!! (But not more than sex!!) DH can't stand it though.....
DH is probably the more romantic of the two of us. I don't forget the date, but sometimes I have to figure out the number of years in my head. Which would upset him no end, so I now write it on the calendar as soon as I get the new one. A big heart with the number of years!
Old 08-09-2003, 09:33 AM   #15  

Ta da! I got up early this morning - cleaned the kitchen, watered the plants and packed the cooler for our road trip - I feel so organized
Closed Thread