I love myself today!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • New loving myself thread!

For those of you newbies this thread was originally inspired by the fact that I had the song " I love myself today" by Bif naked stuck in my head and I thought - "why don't we have a thread that helps us feel good and empowered?" So here it is!

Feel free to post about things you like about yourself, something good that happened to you this week, something nice you did for your self, something you did that made you feel empowered or motivated you in your weight loss journey or in your life in general, something you feel thankful for or a good samaritan moment where you helped someone else - good Karma!
  • Just thought I would bump this up!

I love myself today because I went out at lunch and bought some fresh veggies and fruit from the market and some fresh made hummus, tabouleh, spiced olives and pita bread! Yummy healthy food to get back OP!
  • I love myself because I've just been renovating, which makes me feel very butch and fit.
  • HEY!! We bought some book shelves for the boys today and for once our procrastinating paid off!!! When we originally saw them they were 60 bucks each. They went on clearance, and we got them at 29.90 each!!! LOVE IT!!!
  • Fate, Den!!
  • Ellis...when you talk about being butch and fit you get me going...
    sorry, I just had to say that because it's true.
    Well, I love myself today because when I was doing my yoga practice I decided to try a headstand...now girls, don't attempt this at home...I did get some instruction from my teacher and have been working up to it...but, for the first time today I actually did it. I'll find a website with a picture so you can see what I mean.

I did need to use the wall for support but i felt so energized and powerful. Wow.
    I can't believe that I'm really losing weight and growing these beautiful muscles. It is so exciting to see my body changing. For so long when I looked in the mirror I saw nothing that I liked. I actually hated my body. There wasn't one part of it that I liked. Now I'm loving my body, I even like my fat a**, I mean it's fat but it has a cute shape and it's getting toned. I can't wait to lose a little more weight because all over my body there is muscle underneath the fat now. It is really cool.

I always had a secret desire to be a buff girl. Never thought it would take me till my forties to get there...but,it is happening. I so hope that this trend continues. It is scary because it took me so long to really start working my program and I just hope that I can sustain it.

well, enough about me...how the heck are all of you?
  • I hope you're not getting weird with me, Soozie.

Yeah, you too can be butch and fit.
    Congrats on the head-stand, hon!
  • Ellis, Please, as if you even had to ask...OF COURSE I'm getting weird with you...
    isn't my name Soozie...ummm...just kidding.

okay, here's an example of the headstand I was talking about but, umm, mine wasn't quite so....um...straight and lovely...but, it was mine!

http://www.theyogashop.co.uk/WEB2003...asirsasana.php

click and become a yoga addict like me.
    Love, Soozie
  • Well Soozie, that was quite a pose. I took yoga breifly this spring. I liked it alot, but it met at 7:30 at night and that through off my whole workout schedule. For some reason I can't go home and then go back out to workout. I have considered getting a DVD to do...especially some meditational stretching things. Any ideas?

...and I love myself today because I just set up a blind date tomorrow and I feel good knowing that if I don't care for the guy there are many others out there to meet!

Sandi
  • Holy mother!! You did THAT!? That's freakin' incredible.
    I love yoga, too! I'll probably take another class this fall.
  • I love myself today because while I was away last week I decided to accept my curvy butt the way it is. I have decide to focus toning my legs and arms and the rest of me is fine the way it is
  • Mauvais, that is the BEST!! Good for you!! There are some things we can't change... we just have to accept them and love ourselves for what we are.
  • Thanks Ellis!
  • mauvaisroux- I would give anything for your curvy butt. I have this huge round stomach with a drop off in the back. You should see how sad my underwear and bathing suits are. All those gathers in the butt. ACK!!!! SIGH!!!
  • Jessica...I'm pretty lucky that I have a flat stomach and not even a "pooch"...but my weight sits in my thighs and hips... guess we all have parts that we like more than others

Mind you, I keep getting checked out by European and middle eastern men-must be those child bearing hips they seem to appreciate curvy women more.