3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick Chat, Week of July 14th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/29310-alternachick-chat-week-july-14th.html)

dentrassi 07-15-2003 06:17 PM

He's scared of bugs......:eek: :fr: :stress:ESPECIALLY bees and wasps.....

ellis 07-15-2003 06:21 PM

Oh darling... I'm sure you'll both fit just perfectly in our bed. (I don't mean that QUITE the way it sounds. :D )

dentrassi 07-15-2003 06:23 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I thought you said you WEREN'T swingers!!!!!!!!

Wildfire 07-15-2003 07:46 PM

Shine your sink, flyladies!!! :rolleyes: Like it's EVER empty enough to worry about seeing the shine through the dishes. Sorry, but with a teenager in the house any attempt at cleanliness is immediately countered with additional mess.

I clean on Saturday. If you want to come see my clean apartment, come then. Otherwise make an appointment. The rest of the week, if something is in your way and it won't move for you, walk around it, 'cause Saturday is coming! I get up before 5am, work until 6pm, have to cook dinner and sometimes do dishes, so it's 8pm before I have any time....and I'm sure as heck not spending it cleaning!

And I thought dust ruffles were to hide/contain the dust under the bed, not to mention give our little dust bunnies or larger dust elephants some privacy? :mag:

:bubbles: just 'cause I really like that one!

ellis 07-15-2003 08:31 PM

We're NOT!!! :lol:

Yeah, Wildfire... my sink is never empty, either. :no:

Sojourner 07-16-2003 03:06 AM

Grrrr....

I hate that the flylady starts with shining the sink. See, I just could never do that first step so the whole system failed for me. Really, it has nothing to do with the fact that I hate cleaning... :nose:

mauvaisroux 07-17-2003 12:52 PM

DH and I went to the Lebanese funfest last night! It was great fun! They had live music, folkloric dancers, some stalls to buy stuff from, games and rides and lots of yummy food :T

We had Shish Taouk ( chicken kebabs with rice and garlic sauce), hommus, tabouli, falafel patties, Kibbe( ground beef with bulgar pine nuts and seasonings), stuffed grape leaves and for dessert a huge piece of baklava and Lebanese coffee-delicious!

I also bought a cd of arabic music for my collection of Bellydance music :D ( I need a Bellydancing emoticon for me and Aphil :lol: )

Ellis- if you get a chance to go it is on until Sunday :D

ellis 07-17-2003 01:03 PM

What a hoot, Mauvais. We went a few years ago... I loved it.
We may go... thanks for the reminder. It's amazing how "out of tune" you can be when you live right in Centretown. :lol:

I LOVE Lebanese music. It's very sexy.

Goddess Jessica 07-17-2003 01:39 PM

Me too, Mauv!
<------------- Belly dancin' fool.

I love festivals like that. Makes ya wanna be lebanese or greek or whatever festival happens to be going on. :)

ellis 07-17-2003 01:44 PM

Yeah. I'm just plain old British white. BORING!!!

squeaker 07-17-2003 07:27 PM

Hi girls! :wave:

I'm home, but very tired. I had an awesome time.

Trying to catch up on everything. Post more later/tomorrow.
:bubbles: <-- my fav new icon.

:mouse:

dentrassi 07-17-2003 08:19 PM

HI SQUEAK!!! Did you have a good time?

Mauvais-Sounds like a fun time!!! (Also sounds like a 10 pound weight gain if I went!!!)

Ellis-NONSENSE!!!! We have MARMITE!!!!!!!

Lidian 07-18-2003 07:13 AM

Hi you-all! Back from England at last...it was good in a lot of ways and also had plenty of tiresome moments which I was much too gracious to mention (I really was very polite for 2 weeks and it nearly killed me! the 2 times I was alone with DH walking into town from in laws' house I nearly bit his head off I was so cranky!) It was very hot indeed and there is no A/C and no ceiling fans and we were in a house/hotel in the ATTIC. Trying to all sleep at 11 pm, girls twisting around in hot sheets or else giggling and getting on everyone's nerves...

Put them in their own room last night to sleep & closed door. Ah, paradise!

Ellis, a propos of your first entry on thread (bed with hidden old chocolate) on the plane yesterday when I took the girls on a field trip to the washroom (imagine us all 3 in one! like the staterrom scene in Night at the Opera! never again! what was I thinking!!) I noticed one DD had been sitting on 2 Smarties from the tubes we got to sustain them en route. And I ate them! Without hesitiation.
Ugh!!

More later - youngest is awake and wants to chat.

Ellis my dear, I sent you a PM!

I love you all and will be back as soon as I chat to DD and have coffee and throw the first of 10 loads of laundry into the wash...

Lidian

mauvaisroux 07-18-2003 07:14 AM

Well I'm Scottish so I get to go to the Highland games and kick up my heels doing the highland fling :dance:

And we have haggis! :T

dentrassi 07-18-2003 07:53 AM

Actually I'm Scottish too!! Love those Highland games! Can do without the haggis though!!! :P

Ellis-Please note the time......Didn't think I cold do it, did ya? DS13 has an appointment or else I'd still be sleeping.

Lidian-WELCOME HOME!!!!