Roll Call: Calling all cars. Come in please.

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Okay, I have the egg, and see yolks in OTHER peoples' eggs when they are on line, but I am on-line NOW and there is no yolk in my egg. How strange is THAT?!? Am I just imagining that I am posting?
  • It was all a dream..... !
  • Den, go to your control panel and select profile options. You may have yours set to Invisible mode. Change it and you'll get a yolk!
  • Hey folks...
    I'm here! Wow, new server while I was away and look at this new winky thing:

Oh.... just look at all the new smilies!

Very cool. That makes me happy.

I just haven't been spending too much time online, and actually haven't been spending too much time trying to lose weight either. My doctor is still messing with my anti-depressants and I've basically been psychotic these last several weeks. But hopefully this will be the last med change and it will work. The only good news is that I am maintaining my weight... hovering between 174 and 175. Also, got more bad news on the fertility front. DH got another sperm test and although the numbers were higher, some of the other important indicators were very, very low (morphology). This really sucks... after all that we've been through to get this news is really devestating. And now we are back to trying which means I will undoubtedly turn into a certifiable nut for a week each month. Not really looking forward to this
  • hey! There you are Sojo! Been wondering what is happening with you....sorry to hear about your woes
  • Hi Sojo! Welcome back! So sorry that things aren't going well... we're here for you, sweetie.
  • Sojo-Sorry things are so tough for you right now.

Ruth-THANKS!! I WAS on invisible mode! (Which I don't really understand, because I thought I put myself on visible mode a long time ago.) THINGS ARE GETTING ALL METAPHYSICAL AND STRANGE!!!!!!!!!

Mauvais-Okay, but like if it was a dream, are you all part of the dream, or am I? And WHAT, then, is reality (besides over rated?)

Flower-NAH! Ruth is just cracked!
  • It's really the Matrix, Den
  • OH!! THAT'S why it seemed so familiar!!!!
  • Just checking in for the roll call! So glad to be back and even have our cable back and running.

Flower and Sojo, I'm so sorry you are having a rough time. I'm sending hugs and good thought your way.

And Ruth, congrats on onederland! That is so cool, as my eldest would say (and did, in England, in her most ringing Canadian tones! Glad she liked it all, though!)

And hi to everyone else, glad to be back with you!

Lidian
  • Lidian, I thought you were dead. Either that or you were snubbing us. I forgot that you were going to England... welcome back!!
  • hey Lidian How was England? Where did you stay and what did you see and do?
  • You girls know I'm here and there and everywhere....just when you least expect it, I'll show up. Like it or not.

• Well, Mauvais, we were visiting my in laws who live in a medium-size town in Kent. We were in a hotel (old converted house) in the family room in the attic (very nice room but oh my goodness it did bake all day in the heat wave conditions!)...saw some National Trust sites (Bodium Castle, Sissinghurst and some other stuff) and the cliffs at Fairlight near the coast. Walked around in the town wishing I had brought more than one pair of capris (hardly anyone there wore shorts, I reckon London is more up to date but this is a little more - um - old fashioned!). And MIL made tons of cakes so I said no thanks about 95% of the time and STILL put on 2 lbs or so (thank goodness that was all, DH put on 4, but so what, boo hoo he is 140 now instead of 136! Hah!).

I didn't really get a chance to look in the few secondhand stores in town, as the two times DH and I were on our own we were rushing around trying to return in time for whatever cream-sauced masterpiece was about to come dancing out of the oven.

(I had a tomato sandwich for dinner tonight and it was SO cool to just slap something together and lie around on the back porch eating it!)

The countryside was beautiful and the hotel was across from a field full of sheep. One of them was going BAAA in a very Scroogy way (and loud too) starting at 5 am sometimes but I kind of liked it anyway! Made me wish I lived there, the houses and the countryside. But a lot of stuff would drive me crazy, and I can't drive a stick shift car (can just about manage an automatic but that as they say is another tin of sardines).

And happily we managed not to lose any of the girls' special stuffed animal pals who made the long trip with us!

Lidian