Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 01:32 PM   #46  
Super Star

I LOVE IT..all of them..i am so freaking laughing i am choking to death on my tongue!!

My hubby is from Europe..sigh..things are very different there..so I have come to tolerate some stuff...

Socks with the sandals..dark ones especially..kinda got that one cleared up.

Speedo suits..totally freaked me out but when we were dating..he had a really good body..so i was still kinda grossd out..now due to marriage he wears the trunks!!

White socks he still does but that is more my faults..as he complained last night..how can 40 pairs of dark socks get lost??I have 20 socks left..all mis matched. Don't know..honey..tis a mystery to me

The baggy pant showing the underwear look..ugh..this started in prison where they are NOT allowed belts...hello..i tell this to 11 year olds all the time..they look at me like I am a dork.

I have long trashy blonde hair now..very 80's..am I a dont now..wah...lol

Oh man keep it cominggggggggggggggggggggg
Old 07-15-2003, 01:33 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Okay...got to add a few....
These two I haven't seen much lately, but they were a REAL popular fashion no-no when I was in high school 10 years ago...and they made me cringe every time:
1.) When people would wear Eastland brand loafers and twist the ties into litte rabbit ear looking knots...ugh, I hated that!
2.) When my classmates would "peg" the bottom of their jeans...folding them over tightly and rolling them up so that they stayed skin tight around your ankles. I was like the only kid in high school who DIDN't peg...I always told them there was nothing that could possibly make your behind look any larger than doing that...

3.) As far as now-I hate it when girls and women wear the ultra low rise jeans when they are "apple" shaped...it is not a flattering look to have a roll around the top of the pants. This pants style was made for more hourglass figures...
4.) the thong out the top of the low rise jeans...yuck. I just want to grab it and yank it until it rips!
5.) When ANYONE wear spandex althletic pants when they are not doing some form of exercise or are not in their own homes.
6.) I also hate those 2 piece ladies knit pant sets-they have them in all colors-a knit tee shirt and pair of pants with all of the lace appliques, fabric paint, BEDAZZLER jewels, and stuff around the neck of the tee...
7.) Another fashion no-no is women or men who DROWN themselves in cologne. I kow when you wear a certain fragrance for a long period of time your sense of smell becomes accustomed to it and you don't smell it as much-BUT THE REST OF US DO! 2 squirts is enough!!!!
8.) I personally love tattoos and have three of them, but I hate tattoos that people get that EVERYONE has-meaning, not original. I don't want to offend anyone here if they have one-but I am so sick of seeing Harley Tattoos, the heart with the daggar through it, Taz, the butterfly on the ankle...or "Mother" If I am going to get something permanent on my body-it is going to be a little more original.
9.) Women who shave or pluck off their ENTIRE eyebrow and draw them back on...please-let your real ones grow back! This can even be worse when they are drawn on while making the "makeup face" (which we all do when we apply makeup) and the result is a PERMANENT LOOK OF SURPRISE!
10.) Wearing a tee shirt in a huge size and rolling up the sleeves...nothing say 80's valley girl like that look!
11.) When blonde or redheaded women dye their hair black to be gothic, but still have blonde/red eyebrows and lashes...this look only works for brunettes ladies...
Aphil
Old 07-15-2003, 01:42 PM   #48  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ummm...Ellis... DH wears big belt buckles with skulls on em"

Aphil- Re: goths who dye their hair black- don't you just love the 3-4 inch blonde roots with black hair? Is that the anti-trailer park look? As TYPE-O says..."dye em' black, black, black No.1"

Oh and the overplucked then drawn on brows combined with the brown lined lips with nude or lighter colored lipstick - it makes one look like a trashy gang girl from the mid 90's!

My current faux pas is my unkempt, no style and badly needing a new do hair! It looks so bad that I have to keep it pinned up until Saturday when I am going to get it cut.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-15-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:50 PM   #49  
a brave new me...

Wink ok...

Here is my list:

1) White shoes or white nylons anytime of the year... except for if you are a nurse, or maybe the day you are getting married, or if you are a girl under the age of 7. I just can't imagine a scenario where white shoes or nylons look nice. The only other exception could possibly be wearing head to toe white... which I think looks ridiculous anyway.

2) Too much cleavage showing... It's just trampy. Now a little flash or a beckoning shadow... that's great.

3) Bad hair... fried or frizzy or too long, haven't had a cut in over a year, have never paid more than $15 for a hair cut, still wearing the same hair from the 80's, big poofy bangs, over 40 and resigned yourself to that same short hair cut that every woman in the midwest has, mullets... etc.

4) Out of style glasses. If your glasses are the same style as you wore several years ago (or God forbid twenty years ago)... time to update! This change alone will make someone look like ten years younger.

5) Really overweight men or women who tuck in their shirts and wear belts... especially if they are really big around the middle.

6) Holiday themed clothing... e.g. sweaters with santa or pumpkins or the easter bunny.

7) Have to agree with the overhauls, thongs, too small clothing, guys with pants hanging low, etc.

8) Men wearing tank tops out in public... ick. Its ok at the beach or park or around the house/yard but spare me the sight of your hairy armpits while shopping at the mall or eating at a restaraunt.

9) Too much makeup... caked on foundation, too thick eyeliner, over colored eye lids, dark lipliner with paler lips, etc.

10) Taking a trend too far... e.g. jeans with glitter AND faded parts AND patches; or head to toe denim; or head to toe peasant; etc.

11) Huge or shapelessand worn purses or bags.

12) Bad shoes... scuffed, out of style, ill-fitting, don't work with the clothing, etc.

Yeah, so I'm pretty critical... Has anyone ever seen the show "What Not to Wear"? There is an American versio (TLC) and a British version... both on cable. What a riot... I love both these makeover shows, especially when they are as honest (read *****y) as these shows are. Although I don't necessarily like the styles they sometimes end up with, they do give great advice for looking your best.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:58 PM   #50  

That is a pretty long list Sojo!

I really hate that white trash look inspired -well at least made more popular - by Kid rock- eww! he looks really gross and greasy and like he doesn't wash and just rolled out of bed hungover wearing the clothes he wore to last last night's party! I really can't stand those "wife beater" tank shirts he wears.

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-15-2003 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:16 PM   #51  
Super Star

o i love the brit show that has the two ladies re-doing a wardrove..oly complaint i have is the price of the clothes

Wait till the queer guys for the straight guy show comes on the bravo channel, 5 men make over a straight guy..i watched the preview..was HOWLING!!!

I personally think the flask that kid rock continues to chug a lug..really charming..lol

Ps i refuse to get a short do...it is fine to have short hair but since all my friends chop their hair i grew mine out..as soon as they grow theirs out..i will chop mine. I am always on the flip side of fashion!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 07:20 PM   #52  

I'm sorry but the male co-host of the American "What not to Wear" needs a makeover of his own! Straggly hair needs a trim, needs a beard tidy -up, his combination of brown cords and red hoodie mixed with ugly shoes -ick! And he has the nerve to be advising other people!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:44 PM   #53  

Height: 5'-2"

Oops! Sorry Mauvais.

Sojo, sounds like you've been shopping at Walmart too often.

I hear ya, Tracey.
I'm NEVER cutting my hair short! I just wear it up now in a big messy bun. Or a french roll. I NEVER go with fashions. I have a lot of retro stuff and a lot of classics, and I just wear what suits me. Screw everyone else.

I'm sure Mauvais' DH looks very nice in his belt buckles.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:35 PM   #54  
Canadian, eh?

Have you seen the BBC What Not to Wear? They're hilarious (and ruthless)!
Old 07-16-2003, 03:57 AM   #55  
a brave new me...

Talking HAHA...

Ohmigod... I hate Walmart so much. The rare occasion that I walk in there I am just astonished by the piles of junk and the white trash strolling the aisles. And the store just has this SMELL.

Mauv, you are so right about the male host of "What Not to Wear"... he definitely needs a makeover. I totally don't get WHY he is giving fashion advice. The BBC version is great too. Hehe... I would be such a great, *****y host for that show.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:21 AM   #56  
Super Star

ooooo my new show as host

Fat Girl for the thin chick

oooooooooooo critique the thin girl thong showing pants....(um hello underwear..as in under..ok!!)

and loving it..lol
Old 07-16-2003, 09:01 AM   #57  

....hmmm...our Walmarts here don't seem that bad except for the clothing area which always looks like a tornado went through with clothes jammed everywhere, clothes on the floor things put out with no apparent rhyme or reason to it....no one ever seems to tidy up that area...I've gotten so that I can't be bothered even looking because I can't deal with rummaging through it all.

The rest of the store looks okay though

I can only go there on a weeknight when it is quiet - I can't stand the Saturday and Sunday throngs - too many people with no manners or social etiquette who should not be allowed out in public to inflict their rude behavior on the rest of society. I feel the same way about Ikea and Cost co on the weekends and try to go there when it is quieter too.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:44 AM   #58  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What a bunch of critics! You all should come and hang around Delta for a while.

This morning at coffee in The Get A Life Cafe (not the real name), Sue and Liz and I saw a woman go to the washroom looking strange. She had one big boob at her waist and one in its proper place. We thought a bra strap had boken and she was going to fix it but Nope! Sheesh! I even make sure my nipples are even!
Old 07-16-2003, 10:59 AM   #59  

I personally love Wal-Mart. Ours is nice and clean, and I am TOTALLy willing to submit to smell, rudeness, and crowds to go to a rummage sale, Goowill thrift store, or Wal-Mart and find a bargain...
I am the person will go to the grocery store with a zillion coupons and ad matches from other stores and make the cashier ring all that stuff up...I may seen like a pain in the neck each week when you are behind me in line, but if you see my receipt you would totally understand. I save about $15-$30 each week just doing that. This way, I save all this money to spend on the stuff that REALLY counts...I alos just bought a loaded $20,000 Pontiac Sunfire and walked out of there only paying just over $12,000 for it-I "worked the system" and used my GM dollars I have been saving on my GM credit card forever and combined it with my stepfather's GM discount, and went on a day when they had a $3,000 rebate on the car...so being cheap does have its advantages. I will totally go in to Wal-Mart the morning after Christmas and buy decorations and gift wrap at half off...have you guys priced this stuff lately?
I bought about 80% of both of my kids baby clothes at rummages sales-I can tell a good one from a mile away...I am like a bloodhound. I am not talking cheap stuff either-they wore Gymboree and Baby Gap/Old Navy.
I say it is smart to be "cheap" because then you can spend the money on other things that would normally be luxuries...like shelling out the dough for my husband's Star Wars stormtrooper armor, or a dvd player, Nintendo Gamecube, my belly dance lessons, or our yearly trip to the Ohio Renaissance Faire so we can buy swords and chain maille and other completely useless things that we love to have around the house.
So-Wal-Mart is a weekly thing for me-I don't buy my wardrobe there, but their groceries, diapers, and basic personal care items are cheap-and if it can help me have more money to buy all of the "extras" in our life, then I am there.
Aphil
Old 07-16-2003, 11:03 AM   #60  

Oh Ruth...I can beat your story..
I had a rummage in June, and a lady came to it and she had ONE BOOB. I am not trying to be cruel about it, because I am sure that she had cancer and had a masectomy, but then so did my grandmother-and before she left the house-she always made sure she wore her special bra with the BREAST FORM INSIDE to hide that fact. This woman was just walking around with her one breast-I couldn't believe it. She had some b...
Aphil
Closed Thread