3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   What makes you simply float on cloud 9 all day??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/29090-what-makes-you-simply-float-cloud-9-all-day.html)

Tallara 07-07-2003 10:46 AM

What makes you simply float on cloud 9 all day???

Sat I was at the grocery store. a lady from my church works there and opened a new register for just me so I could get on outta there. Upon picking up my bags, she said "Have you been loosing weight?" that alone would have made me want to just hug the stuffing out of her but the next comment blew me away... "Your looking so THIN". I was shocked! In my weightloss efforts, I usually heard (after a long time I might add) ahh you look like you MIGHT have dropped a FEW lbs... But Ive never been told I look thin =)

Then yesterday taking my daughter over to a friends, her mom who has known me for about 4 years also asked "Youve dropped weight havent you. I noticed a while back but I can really tell now..."

I was so :cloud9: I even embarassed myself by comin back to the house and in front of all DH's friends said "This lady noticed I lost weight! im so happy!" like a total doorknob but I dont care. I feel Great!!!!!!!!! Its been such a long journey. I almost cant believe Im me in this body now.:dizzy:

So what is it that floats you into oblivious happyville?
Tiff

dentrassi 07-07-2003 12:13 PM

SEX!!!!

(Of course someone telling me i look thin would also do it!!!)

mauvaisroux 07-07-2003 12:59 PM

Oh Den :rolleyes: trust you to say that!

That's great Tallara! :D Nice to receive a compliment isn't it ? :cool:

I felt like that on Saturday because I was wearing a new skirt and top that fit well and made me feel sexy- we were walking up the street and I noticed that I got checked out by some men sitting on the patios of restaurants but the best part was when my darling hubby whispered in my ear- "you look sexy -all kind of gypsyish" :o that definetely made me float :cloud9: for the rest of the evening :D

Tallara 07-07-2003 01:32 PM

Hey mau, did you shake a lil for them? :lol:

Sex ranks up there now adays :) Its much better than when I was a whale trying to bend in various positions.... but I digress

squeaker 07-07-2003 01:40 PM

Fooling around definately is a cloud 9 kind of thing. Just being told that I am hot, sexy, cute, whatever is really nice too. Well at least when it is by someone who's opinion matters to me. When it is from the kind of scary drunk guys at a bar that are 30 years older then me, not so nice. Just kind of creepy.

Being told that I look like I have lost weight is nice, esp. when all I have been doing is gaining.

Fixing something at work that hasn't been working right is nice too. Or doing something and it working right the first time.

mauvaisroux 07-07-2003 02:37 PM

I just let the natural flow of my womanly hips do the talking as I was walking ;) hee hee!:devil:

Goddess Jessica 07-07-2003 03:24 PM

I'm going to go with sex here. But it's got to be the hot passionate, freaky sex, not the, "My god! My neck and shoulders hurt now" kind of sex. :)

A woman at work once gave me a Hanukah present of some beautiful candles that were named after different oceans and she said, "I just saw these and thought of you. You remind me of the ocean, all free and beautiful." My jaw about hit the floor. I swear I thought she was going to say gigantic and loud. It made me smile for like a week.

Also, when I make a muscle and you can see it. Cloud 9!

Tallara 07-07-2003 04:05 PM

jessica that is QUITE a compliment! What a beautiful thing to have been said about you.

dentrassi 07-07-2003 05:18 PM

Jessica-That was NICE!!! I'd agree, but enough orgasms and I don't feel the pain anymore!!!!

Mauvais-WOO HOO!! You have been working SO hard on your weight and you are ENJOYING the results!!! Good for You!! (And YUP! you know me pretty well!!!)

Squeak-Just tell them, "F^CK OFF OLD MAN" THAT usually does the trick!!!! I agree with you though, those types are yucky!!! Like, "Oh! I am SO complimented that YOU are paying attention to me......BURP!!!"

mauvaisroux 07-07-2003 10:46 PM

That was really nice of that woman to say do that for you Jessica and what a great compliment!

EW! Squeaker, my friend and I just had that happen to us this evening as we were leaving Tim Horton's! Two men old enough to be our granddads were sitting in the window and made a huge production of gawking at us as we were leaving - ICK! :p

squeaker 07-08-2003 09:49 AM

Mauvais & Den - Some guys are very um, strange. And not in that good way. :yes:

Jessica - That is an amazing compliment!

Today I am on cloud 9 :cloud9:

I got a random present from on of my friends. I tried to steal his stuffed moose one night I was working late, and told him that. Today he brought me my own. :)

And I got a "Have you lost weight?" from another one of my friends at work. I told him no, but that I loved him. :lol:

dentrassi 07-08-2003 10:52 AM

Mauvais-Hope you told them to stick their walnut sticks "where the sun don't shine." CREEPS!!!

Squeak-YAY!! Glad to hear you are having a good day. You deserve it!!!!

rochemist 07-08-2003 10:50 PM

Don't forget to spread this joy. I saw one of the Techs from the feed area and he was looking good. Said he lost 30 lbs. eading a raw foods diet, and he said I was looking good too. LIAR ;-)

Miss Chris

ginya 07-09-2003 07:02 PM

during my trip to Toronto, the president of the company picked me up at the hotel and drove me to the office, when I got there his wife and his assistant met me and both shreeked: MY GOD! you look so thin!( I havent seen them in over a year) then the prez said: man, you look hot, your a hottie! real hot...at that point his wife turned to him and said :that's enough, and punched him in the arm. kept me going for a week.

mauvaisroux 07-09-2003 07:35 PM

That's hilarious Ginya :lol: