3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   September Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/28992-september-challenge.html)

dentrassi 08-03-2003 10:01 PM

Thanks Lidian!! So are YOU sweetie!!!

Lidian 08-04-2003 12:55 AM

Aw, Den. Thank you! I am sitting here after everyone else has gone to bed - can't sleep, it is too hot and sticky and somehow my brain is wide awake. And also maybe I am awake as I was going through old letters today and it is just weird, to say the least!

And I realize that all that has NOTHING to do with anything here!

Lidian:)

dentrassi 08-04-2003 01:17 PM

NOPE! But I can relate COMPLETELY!! I have nights like that OFTEN, and reminiscing (whether good or bad) can really "get you going" and keep you awake!!

Lidian 08-04-2003 07:00 PM

Yeah, and so of course I sorted MORE letters today, and stuff of my mom's and her mother's, so am expecting another 2 am bedtime! If so I will certainly post a few posts then -

My mother had horrible insomnia every night, though - and no computer!

Lidian

squeaker 08-04-2003 08:30 PM

I have learned not to sort through things/think deep thoughts/reminice later at night. Too much lost sleep.

But to keep with the thread I think I am down another 1/2 lb.

ellis 08-05-2003 08:47 AM

Congratulations, Squeak!! :hat:

I keep my old letters and "memories" in a couple of old suitcases. Once every couple of years I'll pull them out, but it takes AGES to go through them, and there are a lot of tears while I'm doing it. AND some laughter!

Trixi 08-05-2003 09:11 AM

Went to the cliinc today and I weighed in at 177.6, thats a 5.2 lbs loss since I started on Thursday. I am so happy that the cheating I did on friday and saturday didn't show up. But I wonder what the scale would have said if I didn't cheat those days. Anywany I happy that the zombies (nurses) at the clinic didn't have to wake up long enough to give me grief about the cheating (not that I told them). I find that it is harder to sleep at night mostly because my mind is still up thinking about the diet. I got up this morning at 5:45 and went for my 3.2 Km walked, had a shower and then walked to the subway another 1.5 Km so hopefully tonight I will be way to tired to think.

Squeker congrats on your 1/2 lb that's great!.

mauvaisroux 08-05-2003 09:40 AM

I ate out too much last week so I am not sure how I am doing for the challenge :?: My WW meeting was cancelled due to the Civic Holiday so I have not weighed in. This gives me a week to get back OP :crossed:

Lidian 08-05-2003 12:15 PM

Well done, Squeak! And Mauvais I am sure you will get back OP with no trouble...I am painstakingly writing stuff down again in my food diary, which I had conveniently misplaced (hah!) - it is the right size and I can't use anything else smaller (I need to write down every little bite and can get wordy).

I just had TOM and am about 145.5/146 I think, but hopefully will have a good OP week and not go up any more! I have been eating more from frustration/boredom since we got back from England - lots of rainy days playing on the computer and arbitrating between the young ladies of the house (i.e. saying "I don't want to HEAR what she said, you two have to work it out yourselves!")

Lidian:)

dentrassi 08-05-2003 03:20 PM

CONGRATULATIONS TRIXI!!!!!!!

Trixi 08-07-2003 10:18 AM

So I behaved for the past two days have not cheated and walked my 3.2 Km. each day and I go into the clinic this morning and I have only lost 2 oz. I do feel really bloated today and I think I am retaining some water but it is depressing.

Lidian 08-07-2003 12:36 PM

I think you are reatining water too - don't worry about it, just keep on doing all the great things you are doing and you WILL see results...I have been about the same weight for months now, down a couple then back up a couple - but better to just keep plugging away. And better than a gain - a loss is a loss, so congrats!

Lidian

Trixi 08-08-2003 09:34 AM

Thanks Lidan you are a great source of support for people here and I am grateful for your kind words and encouragement. I worked really late last night and was so tired and depressed I gave in and had 4 beers. I got to say I slept like a baby and right through my alarm. Work up a 8 (have to be at work at 9) I took a cab and went to the clinic. I stepped on that scale and it said I was down 2 lbs since yesterday. ( I guess I got rid of the water) I now know that there are going to be days that I wont lose and I shouldn't get depressed over it. Last night was a give in night and I am going to try not to do that again. (this week anyway)

dentrassi 08-08-2003 10:55 AM

Trixi-Take care of yourself sweetie. Congratulations on your weight loss!!! It DOES happen.....just never as fast as we want it to!!!

Lidian 08-08-2003 08:38 PM

I agree with Den...you know I have been known to go up as much as 4-5 lbs from morning to afternoon and I KNOW I didn't eat enough to make that happen - I reckon some of us are just very sensitive to water, or salt, or both...or the time of day (or time of month) - there's something to be said for weighing just once a week or so, though I am pretty bad about that (jumping on at least once a day, etc, hence being able to note the afternoon jump in weight!)

Lidian