Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 11:07 AM   #46  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I am royally pissed off with World's Finest Shows who sent me 5,000 advance sale ride tickets WITHOUT A DMANED PRICE ON THEM! oF COURSE THE WORST PART IS THAT i'VE ALREADY DISTRIBUTED THEM! Merde! The posters don't even have a price! Should be "20 bucks in advance, 30 bucks on the grounds"

As I am trying to be less involved with the Fair, I did not proof the tickets but left it up to the Sec/Manager. Oh well. Piss on it!
Old 06-26-2003, 02:01 PM   #47  

Den, the same thing happened to me too - guys on the street saying "cheer up honey" or "smile" and they are just lucky I didn't kick them in a delicate place, now THAT would have made me smile!

Lidian
Old 06-26-2003, 07:09 PM   #48  

Height: 5'-2"

Piss on it indeed, Ruth!

Den, everything about Canadians is cooler.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:13 PM   #49  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-Sell them CHEAP ("I thought you wanted me to set my own price.")...they'll never ask you to do it again!!!

Lidian-OH YEAH!!!!!

Ellis-Especially tCanadian modesty!!!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 07:22 PM   #50  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Den- your are just jealous 'cause our beer is better, we have Timmy's and Canadian Maple doughnuts and buttertarts

Then again you do have the most decadent cream puffs ever at the Wisconsin state fair
Old 06-26-2003, 07:45 PM   #51  

Mauvais-Actually, we have Timmy's and Canadian beer here!! But you DO have better candy and nicer people!!! (sob)
Old 06-26-2003, 07:48 PM   #52  

Did I mention Marmite at non-imported prices? oh, and buttertarts.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:51 PM   #53  

Oh no... NOT nicer people! No nicer than you sweet things down there.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:53 PM   #54  

ok. equally nice people...and buttertarts
Old 06-26-2003, 08:17 PM   #55  

And Smarties.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:07 AM   #56  

YUP!!! Smarties.....Ellis, Mauvais, Ruth, Lidian.....(SHOOT! can't remember who else is Canadian!!!)

(YES!! I KNOW THAT SMARTIES ARE M&M LIKE CANDY!!!)

Mauvais-I get my Marmite FREE when my Mom makes her yearly trip to visit her Mum!!!!! (She just turned 99; pretty cool, eh?)
Old 06-28-2003, 08:15 PM   #57  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default fed up!

okay. now i have to ***** some more. about something else. first off, work again my mangager gives me a project - and then breaks me away from it like a million times so i can't get it done. and she keeps asking me for stupid s like - can you go get me some windex? and how to do stuff that she already should know how to do. SHE IS the manager, not me. She is the one that gets paid like 15 bucks an hour to my 8.50 for 's sake!
okay, that said I move on to husband. what started out as a quiet trip to the coast for three has snowballed into a big ing family reunion. I just wanted a nice little trip together to reconnect because we haven't been getting along so well lately and we need it - and instead we are going to have to deal with all the drama of his family and my family (possibly) and it's all overwhelming and tiresome. No amount of explaining to him gets him to understand I'm not trying to be a b*tch, I just want to spend time with only him. And I can't stand his family - and he knows it. *sigh*
I want to stay home now, and he is going to be mad at me if i do. I know i'll end up going, but I only have 2 vacation days left and this isn't exactly how I wanted to spend them. GRRRR!!!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 06-29-2003 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:25 AM   #58  

BUMMER!! And now you are even madder at him, right?
Old 06-29-2003, 01:22 PM   #59  
Pending Email Confirmation

i'm not mad at him, persay..... *L*

but it does remind me why we are drifting apart and why we haven't been getting along. another thing to put on my list. *L*
Old 06-29-2003, 07:11 PM   #60  

Oh Lizzi, I know what you mean - I need some quiet time with my DH to patch some things up and...well, WE are going to visit his parents, who are really nice but - you know, we won't have a minute alone. And our DDs will be around all the time, we are all sharing a hotel room (the DDs and us, not his parents too! what an idea!) And that manager sounds like the boss I had before I had DH, who gave me 10 things to do ASAP and made me do all the phone calls she didn't want to do, but I didn't have the authority to make people listen & it was awful. Yuck.

When I am mad I STILL tend to eat. Very evolved behaviour. I ate chocolate chips last night and I don't even like them that much (except that they do contain chocolate)

Re the Canadian candy, may I add Coffee Crisp & the late lamented Maple Buds (my first meal in Canada was a can of diet Coke and a pack of Maple Buds - I was a young & nutritionally foolish 21, I will add!)

Lidian
Closed Thread