3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   I have a reson to b***h (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/28602-i-have-reson-b%2A%2A%2Ah.html)

dentrassi 08-09-2003 01:50 PM

YIKES!!!! That looks PAINFUL.....

aphil 08-09-2003 06:21 PM

Not painful...just itchy to the point of wanting to club yourself in the head with a blunt object. :lol:
Aphil

lizziness 08-10-2003 02:40 AM

i'm in a no-win situation.
if i am around my in-laws and get upset about their horrid behaviour - my hubby gets mad at me and tells me not to be judgemental and a *****.
if i aviod them, i am a ***** anyway.
so i avoid them. they are all falling apart at the seams, hubby is upset, but i feel like i am stuck between a rock and a hard place. i can't give my opinion, but i'm supposed to be supportive and tell him what i think when he talks about it.
i avoid them all like the plague, and i wonder how it is that my husband is the only acceptable member of society out of all of them.
I don't know what to do. *sigh* I just wish we could move away and get away from it all. It's like a white trash parade or something. They couldn't get any worse if they tried to.
ok. done with my ***** now.

ellis 08-10-2003 06:27 AM

Lizzi, I had some major arguements with my in-laws during the first 8 or so years of our marriage. Now that I'm on anti-depressants, I'm pretty laid back, and we get along quite well. :lol:
(okay, except for one of my BILs, with whom I have recently severed connections)
I don't suggest drugs, but I DO hope that things get better for all of you soon. :grouphug:

lizziness 08-10-2003 01:26 PM

i have been thinking about getting back on the drugs lately anyway. i was on them before when i was like 17 to 19 and i was also doing umm... other drugs too, so i would like to try now that i'm all grown up and know better and see if they will help.

but i'm kinda scared. i don't want to be empty like last time. though empty would be better sometimes.

lizziness 08-14-2003 01:32 AM

i have another *****. but actually, i'm kinda proud of myself.

so, i pulled this guy out of line to ring him up at my register so he wouldn't have to wait. and some other guy hurried up and got to my register first. i told him that the other guy was in front of him, and he insisted that he got there first and i'm ringing him up first.

so i just looked at him. And he goes "You seem surprised?" and i replied "Well, not that you want me to ring you up, just at how rude you were to me" and I rang up his purchase and didn't speak to him again and he goes "Well, LIZ, (made it a point to look at my badge and say my name) You must be having a bad day today" and i glared at him, thanked him so very much for his purchase and sent his *** out the door.
Luckily the other guy who was waiting found it amusing. People like that need to be beaten. I swear, just because the only job i can get is in retail doesn't mean I am to be treated like crap. Oy. People just think they are better than you when they have a better job. @!#@#%#$ !!!

ellis 08-14-2003 05:43 AM

Good for you, Lizzi! What a jerk. :mad:
I wish there were more people in retail like you. I find so many are rude at the cash. They act as though they're doing me a favor by ringing through my purchases, and that it's really a big bother for them. :rolleyes:
I'm so grateful when I get a pleasant cashier that I feel like tipping them a hundred bucks or so. And I WOULD if I had extra cash floating about. ;)

lizziness 08-14-2003 12:39 PM

*s* Thanks. I've been known to have my rude moments - but I save them for people who deserve them. See, I work at the service desk which means I get all the complaints and questions and annoying people. And in Eugene, OR there is a higher concentration of them for some damned reason.

I save my rudeness and unwillingness to help for people who order me around like a dog, assume I will just ring them up at my desk (i am for returns and orders and sometimes i don't have time to just cashier especially when 6 feet from me on either side there are cashiers doing nothing with a lot more counter space to ring them!).
I also try to use my powers for good though because if I'm out shopping I will make an effort to stick up for workers who have rude customers. One day I got into scraps with some B***h at walmart who was mad because the lady was helping us instead of her, and was all being rude and huffy to the lady who was just looking at us like "help me?" so I turned to the lady and i said "You know what? I wouldn't help you either, because you're rude." and the lady huffed off and I was a happy Lizzie once more. :)

Since I work in retail it really really upsets me when I go somewhere and get bad service. It never used to, but I try really hard to give good service and do just about whatever the customer wants - and then if I go somewhere and I don't even get an associate who can hide their contempt it really riles me up.

(okay, dissertation done for now) I think i could write a book about retail.

dentrassi 08-16-2003 11:36 AM

YUP!! I used to work in retail too, and having seen both sides of it I am PISSED at rude customers and PISSED at rude associates!!! I used to wish I had some type of psychic powers so I could show them how they appear to others. But they probably wouldn't even care!!!! I also hate it when they treat you like you are stupid. I may be selling you shoes lady, but i can think circles around you ANY DAY..... Same for DH having been a clerical worker for almost 20 years. The people in the English department used to speak to him as if he were a slow child. When he started winning poetry competitions..... THAT shut them up!!! But he still had to leave that University to get professional respect!!! At least HE is nice to all the clerical workers now because of his own experiences. He will never forget where he came from.