3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   I have a reson to b***h (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/28602-i-have-reson-b%2A%2A%2Ah.html)

ellis 06-24-2003 07:14 AM

Chris, THAT'S the diet I've been looking for! :lol:

Raven and Chris, I don't like kids, either. I LOVE my own, but my tolerance level is LOW.
Chris, after we had our daughter, EVERYONE kept asking when we were having another. Like two is a "magic number" or something. :rolleyes:
In fact, we couldn't HAVE another... kept trying, but nothing. Even strangers would say to me, "You shouldn't leave such a big gap between your children. You should have another one NOW!" :mad:
Finally, when DD was 6 we thought, "Fine... we're totally happy with one. That'll be it. DH was going to have a vasectomy and we sold/gave away ALL of our baby stuff. And then discovered I was pregnant. waaaaaaaaaaaah!!
Now that we've got two, we've both been "fixed". :D I could NEVER have another one. Had a HUGE nervous breakdown during the second pregnancy.
You stick to your guns girl! For you, one is the PERFECT number!! :grouphug:

lizziness 06-24-2003 10:29 AM

People make me nuts! I can't believe how rude they can be sometimes. Like, there is this woman I work with who can not have children, she has had a hysterectemy because of problems, and people are constantly coming up to her and asking her about kids and when she's going to have them. There is this old man that actually once said "boy, your husband much not love you very much, or you'd have tons of kids by now. I know if you were my wife you would!" Which I think was supposed to mean - i think you're attractive,but it came out rude? I 'm not sure. people are insensitive.
My husband and I moved in together after knowing each other 6 months, and people bothered us about getting married from that time until we did 2 1/2 years later. And even before the wedding people started bothering us about kids. And if they knew us they would know we don't even move into a house without checking to make sure there aren't very many of them around in the neighborhood. His mom keeps insisting we will have twins, becuase we have told her we only want one child, when we do decide to do it. But, we are still not sure. I don't get what the big deal is, I mean I'm 22 for crying out loud!! Just because she had 5 kids doesn't mean that we have to. In fact, we use her as an example why NOT to have any. UGH! I am glad to know I am not the only one who can't stand kids. I mean, I want to raise mine with some respect and manners and intelligence. Not just let them run around screaming and breaking **** everywhere they go. Bla.
Off to work, to go tolerate other people's brats. (and to think I wanted to do Early Childhood development courses)

mauvaisroux 06-24-2003 10:44 AM

The day after DH and I got married people starting asking when we were having kids ( I am not kidding!) This went on for several years. It was usually people in his family that lived out of town and only saw us a few times a year so what freaking business was it of theirs?

One day at a family event the usually pestering about children started up and one of his uncle's asked what the problem was and joked that DH didn't know how to do "it" with a sly wink.

I responded by smiling sweetly and loudly saying " Of course we don't have children, we still look happy together!" followed by dead silence in the room for a few minutes then me politely changing the subject. :devil: and no one in his family ever bugged us about not having kids again :lol: (BTW DH's Mom just about busted a gut over me putting his uncle in his place-she had a great sense of humour)

Personally I am still undecided and I am 35 so I better make a decision sometime soon before it is taken out of my hands.

DH doesn't want to have them since he has been around too many other people's rude, obnoxious and misbehaved kids that it has put him off. Although I keep telling him that is different with your own kids and that we would not put up with the crap that other people let their kids get away with.

Whenever I see a polite, well behaved child I always compliment their parents on the fact-it seems so rare a thing these days.

dentrassi 06-24-2003 11:59 AM

Basically everyone has to do what is the best for HER. We were hassled about having kids from the second we were married too. We waited 5 years which was great because we had some real time together first. And after having 2 DH's grandmother kept telling me to have another!!!!! The right thing for one person is the WRONG thing for another. There is just a lot of intolerance out there!!

Lidian 06-24-2003 12:32 PM

You can count me in on this one too - I love and adore my own DDs but as a rule I do not DO NOT like kids, have a low tolerance, VERY low. Hence the school trip vertigo etc. DD's 6th birthday party was the LAST 10-kids-and-a-cake-and-dumb-games party EVER in this family, thank goodness. And boy that was some rotten day, when we had it! If DD wasn't so sweetly appreciative ("Mom and Dad thank you SO much for letting me have such a lovely party") it would have been a complete wash-up!

I always thought that the people badgering couples about their child-production plans were just jealous!

And Chris, your ice cream diet sounds brilliant! That's the one for me! :)

Ellis, I had a hideous, awful depression after my second also. It was about the worst time of my life for a bunch of reasons, and having a "high need" baby who couldn't be put down, didn't help, as it were. I let DD (the ex-high need baby, she of the polite comment above) come home for lunch as she needs to really (there's that word again! she is a sensitive thoughtful type, a lot like me I think) - but I couldn't take having 2 come home and squabble about stuff while stuffing down a quick sandwich...I tell people it is cuz eldest loves to play soccer and be w/her friends (which is true) but...it is also cuz I couldn't cope. I can't tell any of my fearless field-tripping friends anything like that!

But I CAN tell you all - and I love you for it! :) A hug to you all!
Lidian

mauvaisroux 06-24-2003 12:41 PM

My dad once told me that people who have kids bug you to have kids so that you can be as miserable as they are :lol:

I guess they sometimes envy your lifestyle but sometimes I envy theirs too :)

Goddess Jessica 06-24-2003 01:54 PM

Mauvais - My dad told me he had kids to do the dishes! :)

Okay, I must have been pretty worked up about this baby thing because I had a dream that I was pregnant, then I called my boyfriend at work and told him, "I'm going to have a baby at 3:00. Could you come home?" LOL. Then! The baby was born and it was a girl and my boyfriend and I couldn't decide on a name... it was either Isabelle Sheila or Sheila Isabelle. So, we decided we would just call the baby "girl" until we could decide. Then, the baby started talking and she was a COMPLETE smartass! Just like her mommie, I guess.

When I woke up, I told my boyfriend and he said, "Isabelle."

HEE HEE HEE!

I wonder what Freud would have to say about THAT! :)

P.S. Ellis - Circle or square pillowcases? :)

rochemist 06-24-2003 09:32 PM

Well the truth is we are just a group of.....

*****es!

Beautiful
Intelligent
Terrific
Charming
Heroines

I am sure there are other acronyms, but you gals are the best.

I got to ***** today about the heat. The A/C in my car works like crap and I have been drinking tons. Its so humid out here I am probably killing my new pedometer. It was so hot I threw up when I got to work and the idea of taking the truck gives me swimming thoughts of motion sickness. Plus my darn period started which isn't helping.

BTW My daddy is coming home tommorow!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Chris:D

mauvaisroux 06-25-2003 10:08 AM

:lol: Love the acronyms Chris!

Lidian 06-25-2003 10:46 AM

Chris, I am so happy for you that your dad is coming home! You must be so excited! :)

Lidian

dentrassi 06-25-2003 12:00 PM

Chris-YES!! I AM a B!TCH!!!!!!! Glad to hear your Dad is coming home. Hope you have a great time with him.

ellis 06-25-2003 01:09 PM

Oh Chris sweetie... you're leaking from both ends!! :grouphug:

Jessica... you OBVIOUSLY have babies on the mind. :lol: rectangular, please. And I need them by tomorrow. snicker

Well girls, all of your stories are horrible. Just horrible. We must protest against this lousy habit people have of peeking into our personal lives (our wombs, in fact).
Oh... and how many of you have had total strangers patting your pregnant belly... huh?
One stranger came up to me and said, "Oh, you must be SO happy." Considering I was contemplating slitting my wrists, I'd say she was being a little presumptuous.

Lidian, my DD used to come home for lunch every day, too. I just felt too guilty leaving her at school. But DS is much more sociable than she was at his age, so he really doesn't WANT to come home. (thank goodness. heh heh)
Funny... it was my DS who was the high-need baby. For the first month or so I was nursing him every HOUR! Oh... my nipples were so raw. I used to stomp my foot with the pain until he'd latched on. Thank God he was cute. :D

Goddess Jessica 06-25-2003 01:39 PM

Chris - I'm so glad your dad is on his way home! Great!

Ellis - I must say, I loved it when Phoebe from friends was pregnant and people would ask about the father and she would say, "Oh, it's my brother," and walk off (she was surrogating from her brother and his wife). It made me laugh so hard. Nosy people!

I can't ***** today. There is actual SUNSHINE outside... for once!It's amazing. Wait... wait.... I'M INSIDE!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lidian 06-25-2003 02:17 PM

I never had anyone pat my pregnant belly, thank goodness (ugh!) but I do notice that among my friends here (us lot who are always going up to the schoolyard every 2-3 hours) there is a lot of touching on the arm. Like you have to do this when you are talking because you are all great pals. And use people's first names in every sentence, practically. Now these are all lovely nice people - and granted I am the shy uptight type and this is the first year I have chatted with a lot of them - but it is kind of exhausting! I don't recall doing this with my university friends. Is this a general social practice?

'Course at university we didn't have any hands FREE, what with the drinks and clove cigarettes! (I know, I know! I am a good girl now, none o' that...except maybe a little glass of wine at home sometimes :))

Lidian

dentrassi 06-25-2003 11:08 PM

I remember those clove cigarettes! And We'd try to get the Canadian cigarettes too, because they seemed cooler somehow!!

I remember complete strangers (usually older men) saying, "Smile honey, things aren't so bad." when I was in college. It pissed me off royal.