3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Nurturing the Nuts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/28394-nurturing-nuts.html)

dentrassi 08-22-2003 12:46 AM

Just heard this evening that our ex-neighbor died this morning. :cry: Glad he didn't linger and suffer. His wife said his heart just suddenly stopped. he never made it home from the hospital. He was a great guy and will be missed.

mauvaisroux 08-22-2003 07:50 AM

:grouphug: Sorry to hear about your ex-neighbour Den. That is so sad- prayers going out for his wife to help her through this.

squeaker 08-22-2003 08:43 AM

Sorry about your ex-neighbor Den. :( At least he didn't suffer. :grouphug:

dentrassi 08-22-2003 10:11 AM

Thanks. She is used to leaning on him for most things, so it is going to be a rough transition. I hope her kids step up, because they DON'T always.

Mauvais-How is your Mom doing? When is she going to her doctor?

Karen-Hope you and DH are holding up okay.

mauvaisroux 08-22-2003 11:03 AM

I'm not sure Den. She was there for tests yesterday and she is waiting for them to call her to let her know when to go for the Doppler test.

Karen-hope you and DH are doing okay :grouphug:

ellis 08-22-2003 05:14 PM

Geez, I've missed so much...

Den, I'm so sorry about your neighbour. :cry: As you said, no more suffering. Hugs and prayers... :grouphug:

Mauvais, I'm SO glad that you went to see your doctor. :yes: I know what a miserable time you've been having with that prick. (can I say that?) I think we need to do a Dim Sum.

love and hugs to all... must catch up on the threads... just got my new honkin' computer going... :grouphug:

mauvaisroux 08-22-2003 09:42 PM

Yeah, Dim Sum Therapy sounds good to me! :D

Merrylegs 08-23-2003 05:09 PM

Thanks all for your kind words...MIL passed away at noon today. In my 22 years of nursing, I've never seen anyone hang on so long without an IV. She died peacefully surrounded by her family.

Den, so sorry to hear about your neighbour.

Ruthxxx 08-23-2003 05:38 PM

Karen, may she finally rest in peace. Hug your man.

ellis 08-23-2003 05:41 PM

Karen, I didn't know your MIL wasn't well. I'm so sorry, but very glad that she was surrounded by people who love her. :grouphug:

dentrassi 08-23-2003 06:28 PM

Karen-I am so sorry for your loss. This has been hard for you and for your husband, but it is good that she had you both with her at the end, and that her death was a peaceful one.

squeaker 08-23-2003 06:43 PM

I am so sorry Karen. At least she was surrounded by love. :grouphug:

mauvaisroux 08-23-2003 08:37 PM

Sorry to hear about your MIL Karen. :grouphug:

Lidian 08-26-2003 10:19 AM

So sorry to hear about your MIL Karen - I know this is late but I was away and am just catching up. Your DH is going to be SO glad you are there for him. When my mom passed away 4 yrs ago my DH was wonderful (and still is, cuz I still have days when it is very hard).

And sorry to hear about your ex-neighbour Den. Yes I hope her children will be there for her too -

Hope you and your mom are doing OK Mauvais - how was the dr visit?
Love, Lidian

mauvaisroux 08-26-2003 12:31 PM

I just got a call at work from DH. Apparently my mum is getting the same symptoms again and my dad is driving her to the hospital to get checked out - She told DH not to tell me because she did not want to upset me! But he told me anyway because he knew I would be mad if he didn't.

So I am currently waiting for my dad to call DH and let him know what is happening and then for DH to call me :stress: