3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Summer challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/28154-summer-challenge.html)

mauvaisroux 06-02-2003 01:18 PM

Summer challenge!

Having been inspired by Rubensmuse last month (thanks Rubens! :) ) I have decided to issue a weight loss challenge to myself and anyone who is interested :drill:

I am setting my goal at 10 lbs but you can set it for whatever you like and the date I have chosen is July 20th-that gives me 7 weeks to lose 10lbs.

Due date: July 20, 2003

Loss goal: 10lbs

Fitness goal: excersise at least 3 times per week

Summer goal: get a new bathing suit that fits right-looks good! :D

Anyone else want to join in? :)

Lidian 06-02-2003 01:24 PM

Yes please! What a great idea (as usual) Mauvais!

Due date (though on my last due date I was 196 lbs and being kicked mightily from within): 2 July 2003 (day we leave to see relatives we have not seen in 2 yrs - so I might have to set a second more realistic date later on in the summer)

Loss goal: 5 lbs

Fitness goal: walk 5+ miles every day

Summer goal: get into the shorts I wore the summer I got married (ha ha!) or even into my ghastly 1980s wedding dress (just to do it, never to wear it in public! the sleeves on that thing are HUGE, like mutant marshmallows)

Lidian

ellis 06-02-2003 01:41 PM

Okay... I'm in!

I'm going to try for 10 pounds. Surely I can do that with my new diet. :D (such faith)

squeaker 06-02-2003 04:06 PM

My goal is to be below 160 by July 1st. I am currently at 167ish. I haven't seen the 150s in some time. Never since I got my new scale back in Feb.

Ruthxxx 06-02-2003 04:21 PM

My goal is to be under 200 by July 1 and this time I will do it!

ginya 06-02-2003 07:11 PM

count me in...I need some motivation, getting very bored!

mauvaisroux 06-02-2003 10:06 PM

Well :p!!! I looked at some bathing suits at lunch time today and some more after work...sigh...I think I have my work cut out for me.

I am going out with DH on Saturday to actually try some on :yikes: yes my beached white whale butt is going to torture itself by being crammed in a small piece of spandex/lycra and flaunting it's moon white curvaceousness in front of a horrible funhouse dressing room mirror under glaring flourescent lighting :fr:

This will definetely motivate me to lose and get in shape :lol:

ellis 06-03-2003 09:30 AM

Oh geez Mauvais... sounds positively creepy. :lol: I can barely stand to try on JEANS in those dressing rooms!
Think of us when you're in there, and remember, you're skinnier that MOST of us! Besides, you're a redhead, which totally distracts from the body. ;)

Ruthxxx 06-03-2003 09:37 AM

Ellis is right, Mauvais. When I was a red head, men were drooling over me. Of course I weighed 135 then! :lol: Whodathunkit? Alas!

mauvaisroux 06-03-2003 02:08 PM

Sigh......I onced weighed 135 too :(

Goddess Jessica 06-03-2003 03:07 PM

I hate bathing suit shopping. I swear there is never a bathing suit out there that is perfect. Either my boobs are sagging or that LOVELY back fat is showing. And who put those foam boobs in? I mean, I have ENOUGH boobs without them putting additional padding in for me! Is it to prevent the inevitable THO (Tittie Hard-On)?

EWWWWwwww or the granny suits that are always proliferating in the plus size section. I swear every year there are more and more. Bad prints, bad cuts, not to mention they're not EVEN sexy!

I've been buying my suits on Junonia.com. They're built very well, they last forever and they're usually cut beautifully. BUT EXPENSIVE!

ellis 06-03-2003 04:27 PM

The foam boobs are for ME, Jessica. :lol:
I haven't worn a bathing suit in about 15 years.

Ruth, were you a real redhead or a fake?

mauvaisroux 06-03-2003 05:19 PM

I hate those padded boob things - I never fill them out properly and I end up looking like Madonna cone head boobs! :mad:

dentrassi 06-03-2003 08:19 PM

What happens when the foam boobs get full of water? Do they droop or just weigh so much that you fall over?

ellis 06-03-2003 08:43 PM

They're flotation devices, Den.