3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Summer challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/28154-summer-challenge.html)

ellis 06-10-2003 04:56 PM

whooooo hoooo, Mauvais!! :cb:

mauvaisroux 06-10-2003 11:09 PM

Thanks Ellis!

My friend and I were discussing our goals while walking home from WW last night.

We both realised that this time we are really taking our weight program seriously and are wholly committed. Both of us said that last time we were on WW we were thinking that it would be great to lose a few pounds blah blah blah but never really had a plan or goals and the mind set to succeed.

I think that going together is helping us to commit fully and mapping out a plan and using mini-goals to get there, etc. etc.

mauvaisroux 06-13-2003 11:43 AM

Still hoping to lose a little this week despite the beer and chips I had last night :rolleyes:

I am 2.5 lbs from my 10lb ribbon at WW -I can do eet! :cb:

ellis 06-13-2003 02:46 PM

Oh, Mauvais!! So close!!
When you get it you must scan it and post a photo!! :lol:

Ruthxxx 06-13-2003 03:02 PM

Well, I'm 203 this morning. I may be in ONEderland by Canada Day! Well, maybe by Independence Day - I am part Yankee.

ellis 06-13-2003 03:20 PM

Ruth, get Harry to slip a little something into your bedtime drink this evening. When you wake up in 3 days time, you'll be in the 1's FOR CERTAIN!!
(if only it were that simple)

mauvaisroux 06-15-2003 06:38 PM

:lol: Ellis- you are too funny!

mauvaisroux 06-16-2003 12:00 PM

How is everyone doing this week?

I am still exercising and trying to drink my water - doing okay so far.... still sticking to my fish once a week routine too - I am amazed at myself:eek: I have actually done some of the things I said I was going to do for once :lol:

ellis 06-16-2003 12:36 PM

Doing very well, thank you! :D
I actually feel that I can be slim for Christmas if I keep this up. :dance:

ginya 06-16-2003 01:18 PM

down 7 pounds for the challenge. I talked about the challenge to the Dr. who (Dr. WHO?) whom? anyway, she challenge me as well, and said if I did it she and I would celebrate together, well, I plan on surpassing the goal...just cuz I can. woo~hoo!!!

Sojourner 06-16-2003 01:45 PM

I'll join you...

Well, I'm feeling some motivation to renew my weight loss activities now that summer is officially underway and I'm done with my surgery. So far I have lost 24 pounds in about a ten month period. Lately its been rather slow though. I would like to lose about one pound a week... this is realistic for me and won't set me up for failure. Sooooo... the plan will be to lose twelve pounds by September 1, which will put me at 162 and a total of 36 pounds lost in one year. I'm actually hoping to lose more than that, but to be reasonable I will stick with 162.

The two main changes I will be focusing on are 1) less eating out and 2) start exercising again at least three times a week.

mauvaisroux 06-17-2003 12:28 PM

You can do it Sojo!!!! :cb:

Wildfire 06-17-2003 12:46 PM

I'm on day 8 of the 84 in BFL. Have exercised every day. No change on the scale, but I'm not really paying attention to it. I know that I'm gaining muscle, and getting healthier, and that's enough for me. I'll see a change in how my clothes fit soon enough.

Wow, we're doing fantastic, aren't we? :cb:

Lunula 06-17-2003 01:01 PM

A summer challenge, and it's not even officially summer yet!!! Darn sure feels like it here, it's already getting so hot and the humidity is just hideous this year because of the constant rain we're getting.

Anywho - since summer is June 21 - Sept 23, and I'm going to my first WW meeting on the 21st, I think I need to get in on this challenge-action!

I've been seriously cringing here reading all this talk of bathing-suit shopping. Well... since I'm not allowed to be out in the sun anyway and since I've never been much of a beach person (laying out on hot sand, baking my body and dying of heat & humidity is NOT my idea of a good time) - I'm not even going to ponder a new bathing suit. And you can't make me!!!!!

Challenge to myself: Attend WW meetings every week, stay true to the plan and to continue coming here to give & receive support from all of you fine ladies. :) Oh yeah... and lose 25 pounds!

mauvaisroux 06-17-2003 07:23 PM

Yeah, we like to start early around here :lol:

Good for you for starting WW Lunula! Good luck with your program :lucky:

:cp: Wildfire, that's great that you stayed OP! I'm sure you will start noticing some changes soon.