3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Summer challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/28154-summer-challenge.html)

dentrassi 06-03-2003 11:06 PM

DOH!!

mauvaisroux 06-04-2003 09:25 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

gypsygoth 06-07-2003 10:03 AM

don't wanna think about my beached whale ass

you are TOO funny, i just had to write.

wildfire sent me over here from support, and i think she's right, this is a great forum filled with some wicked cool chicks (forgive me, i'm a bostonian).

i can't even fathom bathing suit shopping. i usually just suffer through the indignity of wearing ill-fitting shorts over my ancient plain black suit... and when i get out of the water they're all ridden up around my enormous white-tree-trunks and i look positively beached indeed. :o

quick about me, since i've never posted here: i'm 24, i'm short, i'm pagan, i'm just back on a diet this week and also quit smoking at the same time, and drinking too. i think i was killing myself with my lifestyle. i hate to exercise but i'm trying anyway...

good luck to everyone... thanks for being funny and welcoming to a newbie
:cloud9:

peace, love and happiness,
gypsy

195/1703fc/166:D /130

squeaker 06-07-2003 10:41 AM

Welcome to the nut house Gypsy! :wave:

I am 25 and short. :) But our bio thread is up top. We are all crazy, but in the good way. And increadibly supportive.

We love Wildfire, even if she doesn't come out and play much in here any more. ;)

:mouse:

Lidian 06-07-2003 12:19 PM

Welcome Gypsy!

I am very glad to know I am not the only one who wears shorts (black) over my old black bathing suit. Partly to conceal my midsection, and partly because I have terribly hairy upper legs (& I am a superchicken about waxing et al)!

Lidian

ellis 06-07-2003 05:24 PM

Hi Gypsy!! You are SO welcome!

Just what do you mean by "short"? Because we've got at least two here under 5 feet! :)

You are amazing quitting food, cigs, and alchohol all at once. I suppose if you're going to be miserable you may as well get it all over with together, huh? :D You go girl!!

How is Wildfire, anyhow? She's been snubbing us for AGES! :lol:
Send her hugs from us all... :grouphug:

mauvaisroux 06-07-2003 05:53 PM

Welcome Gypsy! :wave:

I used to have the obligatory plain black ill-fitting suit that I finally had to retire this summer so I had to go out and buy one this week:rolleyes: but I actually found a nice one :)

I am china white too - so when I go to a pool and I am surrounded by tanned people I feel like freak :(

You have a lot of courage to quit all those things at once :cp:

gypsygoth 06-07-2003 08:01 PM

WOW!

you are all so lovely and welcoming... thank you!

wildfire said she often lurks in here, but that you were all very cool and would welcome me, pagan hippie-chick that i am :)

i agree! :D

well, by short i mean 5'2" which i guess isn't SO short...

i'll write more tomorrow... i have been perusing the bios but there are a lot!

thanks so much again,
gypsy

Wildfire 06-07-2003 09:00 PM

ellis, darling, I'm only snubbing you. :snooty: (I'm kidding of course!) I love you all equally! (Is that too PC?)

I do pop in to read what's up over here. Usually by the time I post on the Support board my freakin back hurts too much to sit at the 'puter anymore. Hopefully my doc will actually DO something about it when I see her on Thursday.

Anyhoo...glad you made it, gypsy!

Bathing suits...*ugh*...I recently had to put one on to go to an Aquafit class. After obsessing about it for hours, I decided there just isn't hiding anything in Lycra, so why try?

I'm in on the Summer challenge. I'm getting ready to start Body For Life in the coming week, so it'll be an all-summer-12-week-long challenge for me. I hope to drop 20lbs in those 12 weeks.

Mauvais, mauvais....you're not China white....you're *porcelain*....like a lady of good breeding should be. ;) (me too!)

dentrassi 06-08-2003 12:06 AM

WELCOME GYPSY!!!
I'm one of the short ones (4' 10 1/2")....and PROUD of it!!!!!

This is a great group of women, you'll love it here!!!

ellis 06-08-2003 06:50 AM

Wildfire, despite your lily-white skin, I must say I have trouble believing that you are a "lady of breeding". :snooty: :queen: :lol:

I hope your appointment goes well on Thursday, hon. You tell her that you're NOT able to function, and that she'd better do SOMETHING!! :yes:
And good luck with Body for Life! You can do it! By next summer you'll be a babe in a bikini.
:grouphug:

Oh, and thanks for sending us Gypsy. We were just looking for someone new to bug the **** out of. ;)

Yeah, Gypsy... we're tres cool. :smoking: Boston? YOU must be the "lady of breeding"! :D

Mauvais, you are beautiful... there is no need to feel weird about your lovely skin. I'm sure everyone around you will be filled with jealousy at the white goddess with red tresses. :)

Den, we're gonna put you on a honkin' rack. You and Ruth both. :cheese:

Lidian 06-08-2003 09:48 AM

Gypsy, where in Boston are you from? We lived in Boston for 3 years in the late 80s - Brookline and then Waltham, just near Alewife station (a straight shot down to Cambridge & all those cool bookstores). I used to work in a bookstore in Back Bay but I didn't last too long, they didn't have computerized cash reigsters and I found it very confusing (I am terrible at math and dealing with rude impatient customers!). I really liked the city though, and it was the one time in my life that I actually had relatives nearby, which was cool.

Lidian

gypsygoth 06-08-2003 10:22 AM

good breeding indeed...

:lol: i'm actually from good old southwestern mixed-breed trash, but was adopted at age 4 into a boston family of very good breeding indeed :p
i live in brighton now, grew up in cambridge pretty much. i do like boston... just got back this year after some time in CT. it is ridiculously expensive though!!! :eek:

so this summer challenge... since i just got back on a program a week ago, i definitely need some motivation to stick with it this summer! i always do pretty well and then fall off... don't we all :o

i want to lose about 40 lbs. don't know how much of that is realistic for the summer. they say that 2lbs/week is healthy and you can keep it off at that rate, so i will hope for a 20 lb loss by my birthday, sept 1st (25!) i'm not very good at math so i hope that makes sense :?:

i would love to start posting in weekly goals and food log...
my biggest challenges are not giving up and downing huge quantities of carbs, chocolate and cheese (my 3cnemesi) and also the fact that i HATE exercise. i'm a lazy bum. hope some of you are in the same boat! :D

thanks again for being so ultra-cool,
(and i rather enjoy nut-houses, by the way :dizzy: )

-gypsy

Lidian 06-08-2003 08:02 PM

Gypsy, I used to walk around Brighton all the time - it was just north of where we lived...it was a long time ago though but I recall liking the secondhand stores on Brighton Ave (I LOVE secondhand stores, you get the best stuff there). I also liked the Morgie's at Davis Square in Somerville but I don't reckon it is there anymore.

I love choc and carbs too (oh yes I do) and walking and/or running is about the only thing I can stick with as I usually give up with tapes or other organized exercise thingies. I used to love lying down with a good book and a Tobler bar (every day!) and oh well, here I am...so I am in the same boat as you Gypsy (a nice cruise ship I think, with unlimited iced tea and spa cuisine and an aromatherapy centre...)

Lidian

mauvaisroux 06-10-2003 04:41 PM

Lost another pound- getting closer to my 10 lb mini goal!

And I have been exercising daily and I did buy my bathing suit last friday...wow! I am doing better than I thought I was :D