3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   General chat May 12+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/27564-general-chat-may-12-a.html)

mauvaisroux 05-12-2003 10:00 AM

General chat May 12+

Good morning everyone :)

My boss is away at meetings all day today and tomorrow and Thursday! :dance:

It will be DH and I's 10th wedding anniversary on Thursday! I can't believe we have been together this long- It feels like we got married just a few years ago :D

We bought each other silver rings on the weekend as gifts to mark the occasion- we are very non-traditional :lol:

It was a tough weekend food wise- I had a bbq/housewarming to go to and then dinner on mother's day so I hope I haven't gained back the weight I lost last week :p

flower 05-12-2003 10:34 AM

I am gonna try to get back on track today!

ellis 05-12-2003 10:58 AM

10 years... that's wonderful, Mauvais! Congratulations!!
:cb:

and still HAPPY, too! :D

Wildfire 05-12-2003 07:11 PM

Happy Anniversary, Mauvais & Hubby!:balloons: How did you get your boss to go away? I'd like mine to leave...permanently...Hey, did you hear anything from the job you took the language test for?

Come on, flower...climb back up on the wagon and fasten that shoulder harness this time! :D

DH & DD gave me a gift certificate for Mothers' Day, so out I went yesterday with visions of getting a great outfit. NOT! I'm in that between-size purgatory. Plus size pants in a size 14 fall off me, and the smallest top is huge...looks like maternity wear. In the regular sizes, most tops are too snug and pants are cut in that horrible low-waist thin thigh wide bottoms cut that looks awful on me (no hips!) Grrrr. So I have no choice. I have to lose more before I shop, and avoid gaining more!

Goddess Jessica 05-12-2003 07:53 PM

Mauvais - 10 years is a LONG time. Very cool. Do you guys still act like teenagers around eachother?

I went shopping this weekend without the Cute Boyfriend and boy did I get some steals! I was very excited. A pair of pants marked $44, on clearance for $14. And they're the exact shape that I love (bootcut) and the right color (black) and you don't have to dry clean them.

I'm having a very frustrating time apartment hunting. I've found one place that keeps rescheduling my final interview (five times now). The other place is ultra-cool (not without its faults) but the creepiest landlord I've ever met. ACK! The creepy landlord called and left a message that we got the apartment but I want the other one! I'm so upset I could scream!

Aradia 05-12-2003 09:07 PM

Happy Anniversary. Today was pretty stressful for me, although I did do my bike rides, I ate everything in front of me. I'm just having a very hard time staying OP. Any advise out there?

mauvaisroux 05-12-2003 10:48 PM

Thanks in advance everyone- the big day is on Thursday :D

Yes, we still act like teenagers around each other :love:

Amyjo01 05-13-2003 09:10 AM

Okay guys I don't know if this is a group therapy post or a I have just got to vent post. I am so depressed. I have cried every day since Saturday, about something or nothing. I can not really understand it but it is like I have finished college and should feel like I have had this huge weight lifted off my chest but instead I have had a boulder placed right in the middle of it and it hurts to even breath. I am completely overwhelmed ~ I knew I hated change but gosh I didn't realize that it was going to affect me quite so bad finishing college I was so excited now all I want to do is crawl back in bed and put a pillow over my head.

Yesterday I ate like the calorie content of what I would not normally eat in a week. It was like I was grazing for no reason, the food didn't taste good and I didn't want it but I could not quit eating I ate all day- which is very unusual for me. Between that and the weight I gained last week, which I have yet to figure out, I will probably tip the scales about 170 by the end of the week if not higher, which doesn't help with the anxiety that I am already feeling.

What is wrong with me? Yikes I think I am losing it. I have so much to do today. I need to get up and go for a walk, then go to the college and have my transcripts sent to the AL board of nursing to get my temp liscence, then go look for a job and well pretty much a ton of other stuff. Bah I think I am going back to bed.

Amy

ellis 05-13-2003 09:33 AM

Amy, I'm sorry... I hear ya, hon. I'm feeling the same way and eating the same way. :cry: And I just found out that we owe a $3500 bill NOW! crap.
So I'm taking up a collection. :D Send me your email and I'll send you my mailing address. snicker.

How is it that I hear about these people who are HUGELY in debt and somehow manage to get out of it!?
Ah well... they'll just have to take 1000 bucks a month until it's paid off and LIKE it! :mad: I sure as **** don't have $3500 sitting around doing nothing.

Rant over. :)

Just went to pick up my coffee beans from my baker-friend, Norman. He's such a sweet old man. From Lebanon. Everytime I ask him how he is he says, "Thank God, still alive!" I love it. :D
So that's my motto for today.

Thank God, still alive!!

Hugs to everyone.
:grouphug:

Lidian 05-13-2003 10:42 AM

Hi Amy - I know that I feel depressed when I finish something even if I have been looking forward to it being over, and finishing college is a big change, like the start of a new chapter - it sounds right on target to me, but I am so sorry you feel so bad. Maybe you could treat yourself to something like a great new book or makeup or whatever is a good non-food treat for you (I like magazines & makeup!)

And Ellis, maybe we can win the lottery or something - I need $ too! All our furniture is showing the effects of being used as cat scratching posts. And our house is very small & I never liked it (long story, but DH kind of talked me into it) & I don't feel at home in it...which I promise not to bore you about but sometimes it gets to me and it is getting to me today!

Congratulations for Thursday Mauvais! Ten years is an awesome amount of time (you are, as eldest DD says of her 10th birthday to come in the fall, in DOUBLE DIGITS!)

Lidian

Amyjo01 05-13-2003 11:24 AM

Well I tell you what, I just got news that would make anyone dance with glee. I had just printed out my resume to go job hunting and called the nurse manager at the hospital I wanted to work at to let her have one more chance to tell me she couldn't hire me before I walked out the door to go job hunt and she found out today that she got the positions approved through the main campus of the college and they just have to post, so I can go apply. Which means I almost have a job and which is the job I have been promised since lets see six months ago. I can say this is the first smile I have had on my face in while that was not forced.

Now I just have to get this audit crap taken care of with the IRS. My DH does computer work for a CPA who will probably represent us for free if something comes up that we can't handle on our own. I just can't figure out what we could of done that caused us to be audited.

Well, I am a little more happy than I was...

Amy

Ruthxxx 05-13-2003 11:34 AM

Amy, if your IRS is like our Tax Dept, you probably did not do anything wrong. This may be the year they do random audits of folks in your DH's line of work. (I used to work for the Dept and got audited every year. )

I'm glad you got the word of your new job - it sure can give you a lift!

Lidian and Ellis, I hope you win the lottery!

Mauvais, happy anniversary. Yes, ten years is good! It means you missed the 7-year itch. Any word on the language test yet?

:wave: at the other Alternachicks. I have to get back to sewing this damned purple dress!

Goddess Jessica 05-13-2003 11:58 AM

Hang in there, Amy! I know that change sucks and you're just reacting to it. Take a deep breath. No, I mean it! TAKE A DEEP BREATH. Okay, now make a plan. Get out some paper and a pen and journal for a good half an hour about what's bugging you, get it ALL out. Then, get a fresh sheet and write down everything you have to do. Great, now you have a plan. When things start to get hectic, and you running around like a headless chicken, you can look at your list and know your plan of attack. You'll feel better, I promise.

mauvaisroux 05-13-2003 12:17 PM

Yay Amyjo!!:cb: That is a piece of good news! Good luck with your job application! :lucky:

Lidian 05-13-2003 12:33 PM

Amy, what great news! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Lidian