Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 08:07 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default am I the only one watching the hockey?

Hey, did anyone see the Wild/Vancouver game last night! It was amazing!
You know, this is the first year I've ever watched hockey. I mean I've been to a couple of games and watched a couple on TV, but I had no idea what was going on and wasn't interested IN THE LEAST. But now that Ottawa is doing well, I'm QUITE interested.
And initially I wanted Vancouver to win against the Wilds, but when Minnesota came back after a 3/1 loss against Vancouver, I switched over. Minnesota is an AMAZING team!

I can't believe I've become a hockey fan. I feel like some sort of freak.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Now that is weird! I am definitely a non-sport but have begun to take an interest since the Sens got off their butts. I suggested to Harry that we tape the Saturday game (I'm working) and he said "Huh? Why the **** would we do that?"

This could open a whole new life for us, Ellis. We can now go out to sports bars and holler "Go Sens!" while we scratch our balls and glug draft. I'll wear my new purple outfit and red hat!

(You can bring the balls - borrow if necessary!)
Old 05-09-2003, 08:21 AM   #3  

Borrowing would be necessary, I assure you.
I still don't know what "icing" and "offside" mean, but maybe in a couple of years I'll get the hang of the rules.

Go Sens!!

Go Wilds!!
Old 05-09-2003, 03:08 PM   #4  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I have been watching a few of the games, but I am not really rooting for anyone. Being a hockey fan is fun. Plus there are all of those cute hockey boys, as long as you don't mind brusies and missing teeth.

Going to a game is even more fun.

Oh and if you really wanted to know -

Icing
A - Icing is called when the team in possession of the puck shoots at the goal from behind his defensive side of the red center line and the puck crosses the opposition's goal line, and is touched by a player of the opposition, but does not go into the goal. Icing is not called when:

a team is short-handed

the puck is touched by the goalie before it crosses the goal line

the puck passes through any part of the goal crease before it crosses the goal line, or goes into the goal

a member of the opposition could have played the puck or actually plays the puck.

B - Icing does not occur when a player shoots the puck from his offensive zone-side of the center ice line.

Penalties
C - All attacking players must go into the attacking zone after the puck. A player is offside when both of his skates go over the blue line into the attacking zone before the puck. If only one skate is over the blue line, he is onside. Offsides prevents an attacking player from waiting near his goal for a long pass.

I know that probably makes no sense. Hockey rules are a little weird.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:55 PM   #5  

Blue line?
Wow, that is like totally confusing, Squeak. But I'm sure if I read your post over and over and over I might get it. Actually, I think I get the offside thing, THANK YOU!! (if I only could figure out where the heck the blue line is)
But for the icing thing, I'll need you to sit beside me during a game and scream out, "ICING CALL! ICING CALL!" everytime you see one coming. heh heh.
Thank you for the help, sweetie.

Don Cherry embarrasses me. Wanna trade?
I like Kelly Rhudey (sp?), but when is he going to brush his hair?
Oh, and what's his name... Ron... whatever. What a dweab (sp?). What the heck is that "curl" atop his head? Does he really think we can't tell he's balding? I must admit, I'm really impressed the way he ALWAYS gets all five of his fingers to touch when he does that thing with his hands.

And those beer commercials. Totally sexist. I can't believe the one for the beer dressed like Don Cherry. Does anyone actually want to ADMIT that they WANT to look and act stupid like Don Cherry? And do we have to associate "stupid" with "Canadian"?

And I'd like to wipe the sneer off Ruutu's face. Although I do believe it was wiped off last night by the Wild.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:21 PM   #6  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Honestly, i watch hockey and don't pay much attention to the icing. I pay more attention to penalty-worthy things, like high sticking and fights.

Blue line is just a set of lines on the ice a few feet from center ice.

And because everything is off topic, and it all gets to sex, the best weird sex dreams/fantasies I have had, have to do with hockey.

Ruutu - Christian Ruutu??? Is he still around. He used to play for the Sabres back when I was in grade school...
Old 05-10-2003, 08:28 AM   #7  

Okay Squeak... we want a list of all the hockey players you've "had sex with".

No... it's Jarkko Ruutu. He takes great delight in smashing little players up against the boards.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:50 AM   #8  

GO SENS, GO!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 09:43 AM   #9  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I am watching hockey too...

GO SENS GO!!!!!

And Canada won the gold in the world championships this weekend!!!!

YEAH CANADA!!!!!
Old 05-18-2003, 11:53 AM   #10  
Canadian, eh?

Hi...

Haven't been around for a while, thought I'd say hello.

So sorry about the Senators yesterday...being a Canucks fan, I can empathize greatly. I can't say I was sorry to see the Wild swept away!
Old 05-18-2003, 03:48 PM   #11  

Hi Merrylegs!
The Senators didn't deserve to win... they didn't play well at all.
I can see why you're glad about the Wild , but I enjoyed watching them play. It was good, fast hockey. NOT like the sluggishness we're seeing with NJ and Ottawa.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:47 PM   #12  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

YEAH SENS! GO SENS GO!

We beat the Devils today 3-1!!! We are still in the running...
Our Sens just have to kick butt for 2 more games! It would be amazing if they won and moved on in the series
Old 05-20-2003, 07:33 AM   #13  

Woof! That was a BIG surprise, Mauvais! I figured they were out of it, and didn't bother watching. DH called the scores through to me while I diddled about on the computer.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:57 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I didn't watch it either! Some fan I am! When they are doing poorly, I don't care. I guess we wait and see and HOPE!
Closed Thread