3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   RubenMuse's 10 pound challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/27071-rubenmuses-10-pound-challenge.html)

mauvaisroux 04-27-2003 01:54 PM

RubenMuse's 10 pound challenge!

New thread for RubenMuses's (since she started this- that instigator :lol: ) 10 pound challenge this week...

Does everyone want to post their start weight, goal and target date?

Mine are as follows:

Start weight: 168lbs
Goal: 10 lbs
Target date: June 1, 2003

Personal goals:

(1) No late night snacking

(2) Keep a food journal

(3) Stick to an exercise routine

(4) Drink more water

(5) Eat more fruit

Good luck everyone :lucky:

Sojourner 04-27-2003 06:53 PM

Hmmmm...

Ten pounds by June 1st is two pounds a week for five weeks... that is a tough goal for me. I think I am going to add on a couple weeks and shoot for June 15th, which is a little less than 1 1/2 pounds a week.

Sojo's Goals:

Lose ten pounds by June 15th!
Starting weight 178... ending weight 168 :)

No eating after 8 pm
Drink water
Exercise at least three times a week
No skipping meds
More fruits and veggies
Less eating out

Anyone else ready to be ten pounds thinner by this summer?

:D

ellis 04-27-2003 09:40 PM

I'm going for 5 pounds by June 1st. I'm at 189 right now. Well, I was this morning. We had a picnic today, and I think I may have overeaten. burp

Ruthxxx 04-28-2003 07:37 AM

5 pounds by June 1st is doable for me. 209 this morning and trying a lower carb version of Weight Watchers.

(Yes, I even signed up for it online. How dumb is that! I've joined at least ten times before and know the whole schtick! There are 3 points in a Nanaimo bar and 2 in a Scotch and water. See!)

RubensMuse 04-28-2003 08:22 AM

Me? Instigator? Oh, I am so ashamed.....you found my secret :s: :lol:

Thanks for the re-vamp Mauv....I think all you gals are the BOMB!

Ok new thread for the new 10lb Challenge..I think thats GREAT. Kees the motivation up!

Stats at this point
Starting weight: 232
Goal: 10 lbs
Target date: June 1...hows that for a challenge Mauv :s:

Personal goals;
1. No excuses for not exercising everyday
2. No after 7pm snacking
3. No more weekend eating bombs
4. Get that water in!!

Do we want to keep with weekly weigh-ins or go to every 2 weeks? Thoughts ladies?

ellis 04-28-2003 10:31 AM

Personally, I'll be weighing every day as usual. :lol: But I'll just report in once weekly. I HAVE to weigh daily. I can gain up to 5 pounds a day for a week if I don't. :rolleyes:

Lidian 04-28-2003 10:43 AM

I will try for 5 lbs by June 1 - 10 seems daunting to me right now!

HW: 178-180
CW: 144
by June 1 (I hope): 139

Lidian

RobinW 04-28-2003 10:50 AM

Mind if I join you ladies?

Start weight: 195
Goal: 10lbs
Target Date: June 1st ...of this year right?!

Personal Goals

1. stay op during weekends
2. stay op during pms
3. stay op during stressful times
4. stay op when having to face or talk to the ex
5. stay op when that emotional hole needs filling

Okay, here goes........good luck everyone!

Robin :wave:

RubensMuse 04-29-2003 02:27 PM

Oh Robin Come on In the waters fine!!! We love to have challengers. Conrats on your overall loss up to now!! WOW!

I've decided until I get into the low (teen) 200's i want to weigh-in weekly. I need to see where I need to adjust, etc.

I found a new great place to walk with hills, so i should get more effects now. We'll see!

brunissen 04-29-2003 03:40 PM

Thanks RubensMuse for telling me about this thread and I'd like to join in on the challenge.

I'm going to be more than a little ambitious - I'm aiming for a 15 pound loss by 6/1/03 :yikes: (trying to force myself out of a slump).

Start weight: 314.4lbs
Goal: 15 pounds
Target Date: 6/1/2003

Personal Goals:
1. Work out with trainer 4x a week
2. DO MY CARDIO - 3x a week
3. Swimming 1x a week
4. Eat more Fruit/Veggies
5. Get back on my eating plan!!!!!

Weekly weigh-ins sound good to me - ellis, I thought I was the only one who would gain 5 pounds a day if I don't check my weight daily! :lol:

RubensMuse 04-29-2003 03:46 PM

:dance: :dance:
You did it you did it!!!! Wonderbar!!! Glad to have you!!!! We are happy you are here and will help you the best we can...just ask us anything.

Yes you have an ambitous goal..but we can help you try and reach it! I think 10 lbs by June 1 may be even hard for me, but i am sure gonna try!! (have to show up the fantabulous Mauvais :s:

just so that you know....we have had it so that we have a weigh-in every Friday. And we try to make mini -goals as necessary.

We are GLAD to have you!!!!! and your little Boxer baby too!!

brunissen 04-29-2003 03:48 PM

Thanks!! I know it's going to be a tough one, but I really want to break the 300 lb mark!

And your pug is a little cutie!

RubensMuse 04-29-2003 03:56 PM

Just passing on info in case it may help you.

I have found that starting out by logging my food helps alot. Makes me accountable and I become very conscience of what I eat, helping me make better decisions. I haven't logged them lately because overall I have been OP..(plus i eat alot of the same things and I feel silly writing the same stuff, I am sure many think I am a walking Egg Beater omelete by now) but I make sure I put in the 'unclean' things (stealing Chris's term :) ) so I am aware of them and can get assistance from others on altering it.

maybe it can help you reach your first Challenge goal. :)

brunissen 04-29-2003 04:16 PM

Thanks for the tip! I have been logging (I use the DietPower software), but lately I've been to the point where I just haven't cared if I have to log that I ate an entire bag of chips. I log it, and see how many many many calories I've eaten, but still don't care.

I figured out that I'm at the point in just about all of my diets where I give up and end up back at my starting weight with some possible "bonus" pounds. I figure if I can keep trudging along even when I'm stalled, eventually I'll get back on track.

Weekends are the hardest for me right now. They get a whole lot easier if I work out both days (swim one day, and the dreaded elliptical crosstrainer the other day).

Also I've been looking over my food journals, and I realized that I'm eating hardly any fruits/veggies (salsa can only count for so much!), I figure if I up my intake on the veggies in particular, that will help as well.

I've been really anal for YEARS about drinking my water, avoiding sodas and juices, so that's not giving me any prolems.

I'm open to any suggestions you ladies may have to help me get past this slump! :^:

mauvaisroux 04-29-2003 04:26 PM

Well the Fantabulous Mauvais went to Weight Watchers last night and found out that she weighs differently on their scale :mad:

So my start weight is actually 173lbs instead of 168lbs!!!*&%#@:censored:*&%

But I am still working on those 10lbs :)