3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   home! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/27012-home.html)

ginya 04-25-2003 08:43 AM

home!

I finally got home and can say i managed to stay on program. Not exactly sure how, but did proove to myself that I can live a life and eat 'healthy'. Day before I left England I started to feel a head cold comimg on so I went to the local wal-mart (!) and bought some meds...and then the fun started...
insert JAWS theme here
going to the airport with sniffels and tissues...
strange looks from other passengers...
panic looks from stewardesses...
letting me got off the plane first!, letting me go through customs first,...

do do do do dododododododo

going to the Dr to get someting for this head cold...

the Dr calling the CDC, the state of Michigan, the emergency rooms, the x-rays, the blood tests, the tissue tests...and now...

DODODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
10 days of house quarenteen!

its a flippin' cold y'all! I didn't even have a fever, and the x ray was clear, but no matter, I am officially under house arrest.
Moral to this story...

1. lie like a rug when they ask you any questions about where you have been or who you know
2. Hide under your bed when you feel sick
3. just don't get sick!

Lunula 04-25-2003 09:40 AM

Oh my goodness! You were quarantined?! What a great vacation story! :) Better safe than sorry, though... not like the jerk I've been reading about in the papers that decided he wasn't infected and refused quarantine... how incredibly disrespectful to everyone else - I hope they throw him in jail, lol.

Glad you're back & I'm happy you stayed on program - that's awesome!

Sojourner 04-25-2003 12:09 PM

Wow!

:lol: I'm sorry... but that is pretty funny! And yes, a great traveling story to tell folks. :lol:

dentrassi 04-25-2003 01:44 PM

YUP!! SARS IN MICHIGAN!!!!!!!

Hey, when he was 14 my son went to England with my Mom to visit the family. Because he walked on a hill in Wales they took his shoes away and sterilized them when he got back!!!!!! (And he had never even put his foot in his mouth!!!) The thing that is dumb is that he had had to walk through disinfectant at the hill site, so they were already clean.

ellis 04-25-2003 03:03 PM

snicker.

Ginya, welcome back! heh heh. So sorry about your jail sentence. :grouphug:

rochemist 04-25-2003 04:17 PM

That is a weird story Ginya, but welcome back. Enjoy quantine.

Miss Chris

ginya 04-26-2003 08:47 AM

well, I am glad I live in a small town, because the hospital did not have the facilities to quarenteen me there, they sent me home, other wise, i would be eating lime jello and predigested meat based products on a tray right now.

interesting reactions from relatives...everything from 'I told you so!" to 'so, are you gonna die?" whatever!!!!!!!!!

dentrassi 04-27-2003 06:07 PM

Okay, now to the important question: Are you starting to feel better?
(By the way, I'm glad you didn't have to go on the spam and green jello diet!!!)