Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 09:11 PM   #61  
Searching

Dawn French! I love her, she is gorgeous. But you know she has to feel the pain of "such a pretty face" syndrome from time to time. I know as a fat girl I wonder why dirty old men find me just so darn sexy?

Miss Chris
Old 04-29-2003, 02:30 PM   #62  
Buggin' with Pugs

alert...this is NOT a prejudiced statement.... but Chris i find that old fellows AND latin guys seem to dig a little chunck.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #63  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Yup!! At DH's last "office Christmas party" I was hit on by a 70 year old guy!!! Very sharp and attractive actually, but too much into the sciences. If he knew the REAL INNER ME and not just the cute exterior (snort) he would have fled in terror!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:22 PM   #64  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Well girls, tonight I did one of the hardest things I have ever done. Last night I went to my first AA meeting and tonight I said Hi my name is Virginia and I am an alcoholic. I can not believe I said it, but once I did I felt a weight lift off my shoulders. Pam was right there by my side as she too is a recovering alcoholic, she has over 4 years of soberiety and I have 46 days tonight. I thank God every day for bringing her into my life. I love her with all of my heart.
Anyway, just wanted to share that with my friends! Big hugs to all.
Love Virginia
Old 04-29-2003, 09:51 PM   #65  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I can't even imagine how hard that must of been, Virginia. I am very happy it helped, and that you have Pam to help you through it.

squeak
Old 04-29-2003, 11:20 PM   #66  
Searching

You are so brave Virginia!!!!!!!!!Find the peace and happiness you deserve.

Miss Chris
Old 04-29-2003, 11:21 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

That is amazing Virginia... Congrats for being so brave!
Old 04-30-2003, 12:07 AM   #68  
a brave new me...

Angry (((Virginia)))

Congratulations Virginia... there really is hope! My husband went through drug and alcohol treatment when he was nineteen after several years of serious abuse. He went to AA for about seven years and has been sober for about sixteen years now. I'm so proud of you and so glad you have found support!
Old 04-30-2003, 06:20 AM   #69  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Thank you guys! It means a great deal to me to have your support too. I am so fortunate to have so many people who care about me, not sure where I would be now without the support. One day at a time, is all I can ask. I am working on day 47 of sobriety, it has just begun, but with Gods help I will make it.
Hugs to all!
Virginia
Old 04-30-2003, 06:55 AM   #70  

Height: 5'-2"

Virginia... I missed this post... I'm so very glad for you. You're doing so well with your weight as well. And the strength of your spirituality is wonderful.
Just think... if you can do THAT at AA, you can pretty much do ANYTHING!
love ellis
Old 05-02-2003, 05:50 PM   #71  
Buggin' with Pugs

I just stopped back in to the thread and Virginia what a WONDERFUL, COURAGOUS thing to do!! It is so hard to admit and take responsibility for the things we know can harm us..let alone change them. You are an inspiration!!!!!
Old 05-02-2003, 11:42 PM   #72  

You go Chickie, If I can stop smoking after 16 years
with the same day by day principal then i believe that you
can do it too. You go girl....We are here for you. I know how
hard it it is..I didn't believe that I could reallly do it but here I
am 3 years later...you can do it to. Let us know what we can
do to support you...We love you, little girl go for it ... you can do it..
we are here to support you...yahhhhhh you!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2003, 12:03 PM   #73  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Hurray Virginia!!! You are so brave. Admitting and tackling a problem like that is difficult, but i know you can do it!!!! HUGS/KISSES/GOOD WISHES!!!!
Old 05-04-2003, 05:04 PM   #74  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Thank you everyone! It truely touches me everytime I read all the love and support you guys send my way. Thank you for being open minded and listening.
Love and hugs
Virginia
Old 05-04-2003, 09:21 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Virginia ~ I posted to you in general chat but I wanted to let you know you touch me. I am an Adult child of an alcoholic, one of my many classifications, besides OCD and Bulimic. But as an ACOA- I have an unique prespective on alcoholism and such huge admiration for each and every person who is able to fight and win the battle over addiction. My parents have been divorced for 30 years since I was 2 years old, their divorce caused me to be separated from my sibling and raised by my grandparents. This is actually a good thing because I was raised in a pretty stable environment and wasn't exposed to the addictive behaviors that continued on in all three of my brothers. I have seen both sides of the coin, I have seen those people who could not overcome their addictions and let it rule their lifes and the lives of those around them and I have seen those who have overcome and have many years of sobriety under their belt. My father has never been able to get sober, as recently as this year my parents tried to reconcile and my fathers drinking caused my mother to have to make him leave. (Ellis this is reason I have such a poor relationship with dear ole dad) My father is very ill now and is not able to go through his chemo on the regular schedule due to his non-compliance with abstaining from alcohol. It is heart breaking, to think of the pain he has inflicted on my family and the waterfall effect that has been placed on my brothers who all are chemically dependent. On the other hand my husbands sister was a Crack cocaine addict for years and she is approaching her 10th year clean. Virginia, everyday is a step in the right direction, you are such an inspiration and you are making such a huge change in your life, be proud of yourself. You are making many life changes and you may back slide just remember what your goals are and with God you will acheive them, with God you can do anything.

Amy
Closed Thread