Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 11:36 PM   #16  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

NEVER NORMAL!!!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 07:38 AM   #17  

Height: 5'-2"

If I didn't have children, I'd temporarily go off my meds... I think I'd get my book written a heck of a lot faster. The REAL Ellis is currently sedated.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:14 AM   #18  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Speaking of this thread being resurrected...I wonder where Velvetcyberpunk is these days? ....
Old 04-11-2003, 11:32 PM   #19  

Ellis-If your situation is anything like mine you probably wouldn't NEED the meds if you didn't have kids!!! (Okay fine, that is a blatant lie. I have been crazy most of my life.)
Old 04-12-2003, 07:12 AM   #20  

heh heh. They certainly do contribute to my mental state, Den. But yes... I was an awful nasty, suicidal ***** BEFORE I had children! So I can't blame them completely.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:24 AM   #21  

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 04-12-2003, 11:26 AM   #22  

I always love how the books on stress relief (& diet/weight loss) tell you to take a nice walk when you are stressed. Well honey I am usually most stressed when my darling girls are hanging around or squabbling or jumping up and down right next to my desk and I CAN'T just go out for a little walkie can I? And how can I have a nice Ayurvedic/spiritual dining experience and eat calmly when I am interrupted 52 times with urgent problems and cries of "MOM, she's being MEAN" or "Mom, can I put on some music and we'll pretend to be hyenas OK?" (answer: NO you can't!!!)

Lidian
Old 04-12-2003, 07:12 PM   #23  

Geepers... your girls sound like my sister and I when WE were kids! You should have spaced them further apart, Lidian. I've got seven years between mine. (purely accidental, I ASSURE you!) They have so little in common that they rarely argue. Just cuddle occasionally.

I remember my sister and I chasing each other through the house. I can still hear the sound of her footsteps pounding up the stairs behind me. I'd JUST make it to my room in time and BANG the door in her face. Makes my heart quake just to think about it...
Old 04-15-2003, 08:18 PM   #24  

Well, mine usually get on pretty well, they are going through a little stage (I hope!) - I think because my youngest is getting more assertive (instead of crying she can argue verbally, things like that). They share a room and seem to like it, which is good...so far! They do seem to sense when I have had enough and will leave me alone for a bit (the oldest is going on 10 so they can be more independent - I couldn't handle a toddler again, you know! Don't know how I did all that, twice).

Lidian
Old 04-15-2003, 09:01 PM   #25  

Uh huh. Having another baby after almost 7 years is like being hit in the face with a tree.
My sister and I are REALLY close now. As I'm sure your daughters will be, Lidian. I think it's great that they share a room. I'm sure it teaches a lot of ... tolerance?

It's a bit odd... my kids are STILL sharing my son's room. Since my DD tried to commit suicide last year, she hasn't wanted to sleep in her old room. She just keeps all her clothes and stuff in there, and uses it as a little "lounge" to entertain her friends. She has a separate bed in my DS's room, and they're both perfectly happy sharing. They listen to books on tape at night while they're in bed. I have to admit, I feel comforted knowing that they're in the same room together.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:13 PM   #26  

Yes, I know what you mean - I know my girls feel better (safer) being together at night, the younger especially likes to know she is not alone. I was (am) an only, and I used to get pretty freaked out at night (by the venetian blinds, and hearing stuff outside (inner city noises).

Lidian
Closed Thread