3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Chat April 4th on (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/26347-chat-april-4th.html)

flower 04-04-2003 11:16 AM

Chat April 4th on

Can someone go close the other one? It is soooo long now.

I know what foods are good and what are bad...but the numbers are mindboggling just the same. Check this article out. http://fitness.msn.com/articles/edit...40203_12snacks If that doesn't work, check out the front MSN page today. Top 12 things you shouldn't eat if trying to lose weight.

I am back on track. This past week has been awful. Too much going on....I need to relax. Chris is back to work (his days off are always so go-go-go.) Grif is less clingy. I have groceries. I have some house projects I want to work on. That should keep me away from the junk. I made a menu for dinner for the next week. That should keep us out of the restaurants. I need to call welfare...but I don't want to. I will call this afternoon if there isn't a letter in the mailbox with the income. I know I should jump on it...but I am not in the mood to deal with it. They only let me talk to the front desk lady at this time of day anyways.... Trying to get stuff accomplished before they get me in a bad mood.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!

RavenToy 04-04-2003 11:30 AM

Hiyas flower :)

That article had me scared for a few seconds with that "tuna sandwich" thing... then I read the rest of it and .. well duh, yeah. :D I already use the no fat miracle whip and stuff, so I'm cool.

Sounds like you have a lot to do, and I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with government agencies. *cringe*

I'm so darned glad it's friday. It's been a very busy couple of weeks at work and we're finally in a little bit of a slow spot, so I can catch up with stuff and move in a slightly more relaxed fashion. It's been wearing me out. I'm really looking forward to just doing lots of whatever I feel like doing this weekend!

ellis 04-05-2003 07:24 AM

Look at this...

Today .. Snow heavy at times becoming mixed with ice pellets and freezing rain near noon. Wind east 40 gusting to 60 km/h. Reduced visibility in blowing snow. High zero.
Tonight .. Snow tapering to flurries overnight. Wind north 30 km/h. Total accumulation 15 to 25 cm. Low minus 8.

You know, if my depression meds weren't working so darned well at the moment I'd probably SLIT MY THROAT!!! aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!
When the heck is winter going to END!?!?! 15 to 25 cm!!! Good lord.

jiffypop 04-05-2003 08:20 AM

my deepest sympathies, ellis! this was [is] such a long winter. we finally have daffs up, and some hyacinths, but only in the sunniest spots. the areas that get some shade have some green things poking out, but no flowers yet.

last week was very busy, and i'd love to be able to look forward to a quiet weekend, but not sure that'll happen. mom 'n me manicures this morning, then i have sock knitting class [keeps my hands busy and out of snacks!], and then i have to hit the gym at some point and take a hike with the dog. and laundry and groceries and THE DREADED TAXES!!!!!

AND the spring clothes sales are starting. and since i have absolutely no clothes right now [not an exaggeration: everything is 2 sizes too big and all the spring and summer stuff i had last year has been donated or tossed - it was all about 3-4 sizes too big at the end of last summer, and now would be about 6 sizes too big]

<sigh> what a shame NOT!!!!! I'm ok until the weather gets warmer, but then, NOTHING. so i'd better get going. too bad i hate to shop!

tell me, ladies... does anyone make bike shorts in a size 18 or so?

ellis 04-05-2003 10:22 AM

Jiffy, I do believe we have to sew two pairs of size 9's together to get an 18. :mad:
You know what else bugs me... the biking tops... they're supposed to go over your hips, and they DON'T!!!

I hope it isn't as hot this summer as it was last. Listen to me... ***** ***** *****... :lol:

I'm actually having a great day. I've just made up charts for the kids for their chores and everyday stuff. And I've mended and washed my white linen living room curtains... I'm going to hang them on the line for about a week to bleach them. They're going to smell DIVINE!! :D

dentrassi 04-05-2003 10:50 AM

YUP!! We have ice on everything today. It looks beautiful, but I fear for the tulips and jonquils which had begun pushing their way up and out of the ground. sigh.....

flower 04-05-2003 12:04 PM

It snowed here yesterday.

Sorry I haven't been around. I have been trying to get stuff done around here. I haven't done much in decorating since I moved in. . Need less online time. So...for the next week or two, I am going to concentrate on getting chores done.

I spent 4 hours cleaning Rileys room yesterday, hanging up art work, rearanging furniture, cleaning the carpet. Today I deal with my living room. Tomorrow is Griffins room. So much fun... But I can't stand not being able to find stuff and I want to invite people over.

I am not giving up on the diet, I just need to spend time on other things. I can't be preoccupied with it 24-7. I will burn out and go eat bon bons! :) I will check in once or twice a day to see how everyone is doing... Hugs...flower

mauvaisroux 04-05-2003 01:59 PM

Afternoon everyone! :)

Well we now have snow on the ground too and it is -13 with the wind chill factor:p

DH's show went really well last night, they got a great reception from the crowd and were interviewed by 3 media crews. I ended up getting home at 3 am :yawn:

The band is playing again tonight so I guess I will be having another late night!

I'm not sure how I did with the test yesterday - I think I have a 50/50 chance of passing.

Later,
Mauvais

ellis 04-05-2003 02:14 PM

I'm glad DH's show went well, Mauvais!! I looked at their website... it's COOL!!! :smoking:
Keeping fingers crossed for you for the job, sweetie!!

OI812 04-05-2003 02:31 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm here! We are moved and for the most part, unpacked. Might be changing internet servers next week so it's possible I could be off line again for a while.

The move went well. The only bad thing to come out of it is the people that were renting this house from the prior owners left there cat in the garage and won't come and get it. It's been locked in the garage since Dec 1st when they first moved into this place because it hadn't been fixed (male) and they didn't want it spraying in the house so they locked it up in the garage for 4 months with hardly any light or human contact. The poor cat is afraid of people. It had been feed but they didn't have anything for the cat to use as a litter box so there is cat crap all over the floor! They left the garage door open hoping that the cat would wonder off and it won't. I called the humane society up and they won't come and get the cat because all there foster homes for animals are booked up. I've called animal control and am waiting a response from then. The other option we have is the former owner of the house knows where these people have moved to and she will call the police and get them involved. The humane society said these people can be charged with abandanment, neglect and cruelty to animals.
So other than a cat that came with the house that I didn't know about, all went well LOL
I've pretty much thrown the diet out the window this past week. Haven't been watching what I eat or getting to the gym. Monday I'm starting fresh and I think that I will do WW at home and see if that helps me. So much for the Easter Challenge.

Glad to know that everyone is doing great.
Gotta run. Time for me to get ready for work. I'll check back in again soon.

~Kelly~

ellis 04-05-2003 08:36 PM

Kelly, so glad you're moved in! You must be so happy!! :cb:
That is DREADFUL about the cat!! The poor little thing... I hope the owners are charged for being so cruel.

squeaker 04-06-2003 11:29 AM

Mauvais - Good luck on the job! and congrats on all DH's cool stuff.
:wave: Hello everyone else.

I am home, but tired. Things went well, mostly. I'll be back later to post more.

:mouse:

Lamorgan 04-06-2003 11:31 AM

Oh my god! They left the cat in the garage???? There is a cat rescue place out of Hamilton, a no-kill place. My boss got her cat from them. I could get the number for you if you like.

Lois

dentrassi 04-06-2003 04:16 PM

Squeak-WELCOME HOME!!!!!!:grouphug: How was Vancouver? I hope you got out and had some fun as well as doing the work thang!!!

Kelly-WHAT A$$HOLES!!! I'd come and get the cat myself if I lived closer. Poor little sweetie pie..... (ONE of these days I'll get a kitten, but I keep on rescuing cats that other people dump for one reason or another!)

Mauvais-THAT is the kind of low sleep I like!! Going out and having fun and supporting DH's band!! I am glad they are doing so well!! What is their website? I'd like to check it out too. I hope that the test went well. What did they test you on/for anyway? Sometimes they really put you on the spot, and I sure hope it wasn't one of those deals.

Flower-Is Griffin better? I can relate to all the work you are trying to do around the house. I am trying to reorganize around here.

OI812 04-07-2003 08:22 AM

Good morning ladies,

Well, the Humane Society is now involved. They are going after the owners of the cat for abandanment and neglect. I had to take pictures of the condition of the garage. Still don't know if they are going to take the cat or not though.

Today is Day 1 of doing WW at home. I'll do my exercises at home after dh goes to work this afternoon. I don't have a car to get to the gym today so I have to do my exercises at home.

I'm feeling very fat lately. Not sure why. I didn't get on the scales to see how much I agained this past week but maybe I'm feeling guilty knowing that I wasn't eating well or exercising last week.

Gotta run.
Talk to you all later.

~Kelly~

flower 04-07-2003 10:27 AM

Kelly...glad you got someone involved for the kitty. That is too mean!!!! I wish you could have found a lovie kitty instead.

I had a very stressful weekend. I think the storm is over. I may be about to start my period. I am spotting today, but we nookied last night too. Who knows...I should mark these things on a calendar. If it didn't happen during a a holiday...I never remember. I think a lot of this weekend was PMS.

Scale is even at 198. But I didn't try one little bit this past week. So...I should be relieved. Todays plan...do not kill my children. They were just fighting because Cameron opened a box of cereal without consulting Riley. Can we get more petty???? I have a sore throat. Thank you Griffin. I have to clean the birds cage. I need to go to Walmart. If I feel up to it...I may go finally hang up my windchimes. But no ladders if it is windy. I will try to excersice. Grif is feeling better. Still snotty, but not wheezy anymore. No more barking either. He is sleeping very well too.

Hope everyone is doing well.... Hugs!

Lamorgan 04-07-2003 10:55 AM

Well, it's snowing here like crazy so I am eating a huge handful of animal crackers.

Humph.

L

mauvaisroux 04-07-2003 11:18 AM

Den (and anyone else who is interested :) )

The band is called Pale A. D. and their website address is
www.pale-ad.com

DH is the singer, the guy with the short black spiky hair and the mean look on his face :lol:

flower 04-07-2003 12:18 PM

You dh is exactly what I would expect for you! He is good looking even with the nasty band expression on! :)

ellis 04-07-2003 12:24 PM

I think that's such a cute picture of him, Mauvais! :D Seriously... I love it!

mauvaisroux 04-07-2003 12:42 PM

:o Thanks for the compliments on my DH!

There are tons of pics on their site when you get into it. The rest of the guys aren't too hard on the eyes either:devil:

I think there are some free MP3 songs to download on the site too if anyone wants a sample.

RavenToy 04-07-2003 12:55 PM

Nice lookin band, Mauv! That guy Phil... :T

OI812 04-07-2003 01:17 PM

I just wanted to say....we are having a friggin snow storm!!!!

I'm so happy it's spring!!!!!!
I tell ya...this summer better be well worth the wait!

~Kelly~

Lamorgan 04-07-2003 04:50 PM

I'm with you Kelly. And the bloody school board has decided that this is screen-free week. HA. My youngest 3 are geared up for it but I'm not so hyped up for it....

(picturing being snowed in with 3 children who refuse to watch tv and one teenager who will torture the other 3 with it..........)

So when is spring coming????

Lam.

flower 04-07-2003 04:56 PM

I really hate these pop up ads! Does any one else feel this way???

Goddess Jessica 04-07-2003 05:07 PM

I hate to post this but maybe I'll encourage some of you guys to visit me.

San Diego - Today...Sunny. Highs 68 to 73.

squeaker 04-07-2003 05:11 PM

:D I am listening to Mauvais's DH right now (or at least the mp3 that is there) . Very cool!:cool:

Kelly - I am glad the old owners will be responsible for what they did to the poor cat.

Vancouver was wonderful. The city was really nice, but I currently never want to see the airport again. My flights home got delayed so I spent 6 hours wandering around the airport. Very boring. Work went ok. Didn't do too much there that I couldn't have done here, but it wasn't a bad trip. Totally blew my diet. My favorite cheat was one day for lunch I had a nutella & banana crepe. YUM! I did get to see a lot of stuff. And did a bit of shopping. I bought my nephew a baby beluga stuffed animal, which he likes I think since he has since slobbered all over it. :) Now I need a nice long nap. I am still out of it. Not because of time change, just because of lack of sleep the last few days.

I hope everyone is doing well.

:mouse:

ellis 04-07-2003 05:36 PM

Well, that's just lovely, Jessica! :mad: It's still FREEZING up here!! By the way... aren't you sitting on a fault line darling? :D

Squeak, I'm glad you enjoyed your business trip. Did you see Ruth there? ;)

I'm embarrassed to say, I watched the Junos last night with my daughter. It was VERY hokey. But ****, that's Canada for you!! :D
Tom Cochrane... what a sweet heart... we're all aging.

ellis 04-07-2003 05:42 PM

Oops... I wasn't being snide, Jessica! Sorry... I was teasing... and VERY jealous!! :grouphug:

OI812 04-07-2003 06:26 PM

Ellis...you are so nasty! LOL Weather is supposed to warm up middle of this week. By the weekend it's supposed to be up to 14 degrees celcius here! Ridiculous. Might as well of not snowed because it's just going to melt away this weekend! LOL

Lois--We had a screen-free week last week. Not because we wanted to. But because when we moved, we had to wait to hook up the satellite dish until my uncle could come over and help put it up. And I wasn't going to get cable so we went for a whole week without T.V. And I hated it! LOL

It has finally stopped snowing here but it's still windy and blowing alot. I got out and shovelled the driveway ( which can hold 5 cars) and the walkway. Back is a bit sore now.

Anyways, I'm off to browse.

Talk to you all later.

~Kelly~

Amyjo01 04-07-2003 09:37 PM

Kelly I am not trying to top your problem with the cat but I have one better....

The house I live in now, we bought 5 years ago... it belong to an old widow lady who's kids came and picked her up for a weekend jaunt and didn't ever bring her back ... we didn't find out until after we signed the papers on the house that they left over 30 cats in the yard... most of which starved to death because they were not smart enough to leave and no one called the humane society....

We were in the mid-70's today but it was raining :( ... It was a beautiful weekend and is suppose to clear up soon. I really wish we could see some snow but it isn't going to happen here on the Gulf...

Mauv ~ cool ... that is really awesome!

Flower ~ glad Grif is better...

Hope every one is well, sorry to all of those stuck in the house with kids due to snow days :( Hopefully it wont last too long.

I found out today the hospital I am suppose to go to work for in May has inacted a hiring freeze... I am so stressed out... there are 3 other hospitals in the city but I had planned from the beginning to work in the school system due to the retirement and the fact the hospital rocks... I am not a happy camper I am going to talk to the nurse manager, tomorrow to find out if I have a chance that I may not have a job >>>>Yuck!

Well hugs to all!!
Amy
176/164/135

mauvaisroux 04-07-2003 09:44 PM

Yeah, I watched the Junos too Ellis. I don't usually watch because they are boring, much as the rest of the slew of award shows are. But this year's had a lot of funny moments- I loved Jeff Healy with his braille script! He has a really good sense of humour :lol: For those of you who don't know who he is, Jeff Healy is an amazing rythym/blues player/singer and he is blind, hence the braille script -he cracked a lot of good one-liners last night!~

You are right Ellis, it was uniquely Canadian but I thought the low key feel of it was great, it just seemed like a big party where everyone was just hanging out and oh, yeah there were some awards. Only in Canada would you have the host wearing designer dresses with hockey team themes :lol: and have the captain of the Ottawa Senators as a presenter!

Hey Jessica, we will gladly ship you down some snow at no cost to you in case you are feeling a little too warm :D

ellis 04-08-2003 07:41 AM

Yes, it's getting warmer, Kelly. Again. :rolleyes: It'd better not snow anymore! Which reminds me... I got my seeds in the mail the other day... I must get them started!

Amy, I'm so sorry about the job situation... I hope that it all works out for you. Hugs and prayers, sweetie...

Okay, I've got one for you. When we bought this house there were three large white wooden crosses stuck in the backyard. About two feet high. We figured they were either dogs or people, but I've yet to find any bones. :D

I know what you mean, Mauvais. When I first started watching the Junos I thought, "This is really hokey... I can't watch this." But you're right... it was just like a big casual party with some awards thrown in.
Jeff Healy WAS hilarious!
It's REALLY weird that the Senators are number one right now... and REALLY a nice change for Ottawa!

Lamorgan 04-08-2003 08:48 AM

I'm so looking forward to the weekend; I believe the weather will be wonderful and these past few days a distant memory. Gave blood yesterday and took the 6 year old to the dentist in a blizzard. I was sooooooo grumpy when I got home and I had to send the kids out to shovel because I didn't want to bleed to death by overworking my arm. At least I was able to gross them out enough with that vision to make them shovel one of the driveways (for John) and the sidewalk...

Went to bed at 8:30. Read my book and had a glorious sleep.

This morning I'm ON TRACK again. No more animal crackers and pizza bagels...

Kelly did you get BBC Canada with your satalite? My boss has it and tapes excellent stuff. I am jealous, but am holding out on satalite tv. I hate paying the cable company though.

Lam

Goddess Jessica 04-08-2003 11:52 AM

Awww Ellis, are you jealous? (And no worries, you sounded like you were teasing). But there are no fault lines here! See, unlike San Fran or LA, San Diego is way far away from any earthquake activity. Except for the freezing cold ocean water, it's paradise.

Ok, except for the freezing cold water and all the girls that look like supermodels (and are filled with almost as much silicon as Barbie), it's paradise. :) Now, who's jealous. ;)

Amy - Sorry to hear about the job situation! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Mauvaisroux - How fun! What are you going to see why you're abroad?

mauvaisroux 04-08-2003 12:38 PM

Well, I have been to London before and done the Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abby, Tower of London, Pickadilly Circus, etc. thing so I probably will try to see some museums and do some shopping.

I am only there for a week and will be spending most of it at a gaming convention (ie: board games, collectible cards, comics, etc.)

It is DH's first time in England so he is quite excited. He is planning to try to drop some of his cd's/band promo packages off to some record companies and clubs.

OI812 04-08-2003 02:07 PM

Good day ladies,

Well, it isn't snowing here yet. The newspaper is calling for snow today but it hasn't yet arrived. And maybe it never will! LOL

Weighed myself this morning since I forgot to yesterday. I've gained back the 3 lbs I've lost so I'm back where I started at. 137 lbs.
Hopefully my car will be fixed today and I'll be able to get back to the gym.
I haven't seen the cat in the garage for 2 days now. It must of wondered off.

I did well eating op yesterday until last night. I ended up eating 1/4 of a sleeve of whole wheat crachers with cheese whiz on them. I'm doing much better today. Also yesterday I bought some bagels thinking that they were low in points. I had one yesterday with my lunch and then figured out the points to journal them. Wow....was I wrong. They were 6 pts a piece. And man were they good. They were called...Whole Wheat and Soy. Guess I'll have to get the kids to eat them for breakfast now...LOL

Well I'm off. Waiting for a phone call from dh to let me know if the car is ready at the garage.

Check back in later.
~Kelly~

ellis 04-08-2003 02:11 PM

Jessica, I am SO glad you don't live on a fault line. :) My geography is embarrassingly limited. Actually, I live on a fault line. But it's done with moving. I hope. ;)

Lamorgan, I hope you're feeling better today. I am SO grumpy! It's snowing. Need I say more? :mad: No wonder Canadians have such a fixation with the weather... it's completely unpredictable. And crappy.

Mauvais, could you have a little chat with Tony while you're there? You can easily afford to give him a piece of your mind. :D

Sojourner 04-08-2003 02:25 PM

Hola Alternachicas!

Well, we made it back safe and sound from Mexico... only to find ourselves in the freezing cold and snow of Wisconsin. :( Cancun was great and we had so much fun. The first couple of days were unusually cool... 70 degrees, overcast, and windy. Everyone was out by the pool huddled up in towels waiting for the sun to peak out. When the sun came out, we would all strip down and lie in the warm sun for a few minutes, then cuddle back up when it went back under. Pretty funny! The rest of the trip was beautiful... sunny and 85 to 90 degrees, although still pretty windy.

Well, the first night we got a little crazy (drunk) and ummmm... well... we all got our belly buttons pierced. In a popular bar called Senor Frogs. In the corner on the way to the bathroom. Totally spur of the moment. In Mexico.

:fr:

!!!!! Don't worry... please don't lecture... we had a nurse (RN)with us (she got hers done too) and she made sure everything was done propely. New sterilized needles for everyone right out of a new packet... and they sterilized everything in front of us and wore gloves. OUCH! Let me tell you, I woke up the next morning thinking... what the ****?? Whose idea was this?? Then remembered it was partially mine. :lol: Well, I have always wanted to get it done, but I figured I would be about forty pounds lighter! Oh well, it is a huge incentive to slim that waist down even more.

We spent a lot of time on the beach and by the pool. The ocean is impossibly blue and the beaches are white sand. The waves were just huge and we were pounded by the surf and dragged off by the undertow everytime we went in. We called it our "ocean spa" since everytime we went in we had a tough work out, a salt and sand body scrub, and the water blasted clean pretty much every orifice and crevice on our entire bodies! HAHAHAHA! Didn't spend much time in the pool though, as we weren't supposed to go in it because of our piercings.

We also took a day trip to Isla Mujeras and spent time swimming with dolphins! It was amazing... we got right into the water with them and touched them, they gave us kisses, and we got to ride on their fins. They even came up behind us and picked each one of us up with their noses (by our feet) and pushed us along up out of the water as if we were skiing! I couldn't believe how strong they were. I was a little worried they weren't going to be able to lift me up :o but thankfully they popped me out of the water like a feather.

Speaking of which... the first few days I was a little traumatized by all the skinny little girlies in bikinis... not to mention that the three women I went with are all thin and gorgeous. I never, ever want to feel that bad about my body again. What a waste of time and energy. I read the book Good in Bed while I was there. Has anyone else read it? It is so great... it is about a plus size woman and is one of the best books I've read in a long time. She went from self-loathing to acceptance through the book. I think the trip was pretty cleansing for me in that aspect. I am more determined than ever to lose weight, and not because I just want to look cute on the beach. I just deserve better, plain and simple. I deserve to love my body, at the weight it is now and hopefully thinner. How did this whole weight and body image thing get so messed up?

Anyway, I am pretty tan and still very tired... I didn't get home until 3:00 am on Monday morning. Of course this weather really stinks. It is friggin snowy and cold here in Wisconsin. :censored:

The good news is that I only gained ONE pound!! I can hardly believe it, since I ate far more than I usually do AND I drank margaritas non stop. All in all it was a great week. Believe it or not... I missed you guys!

ellis 04-08-2003 02:44 PM

What do you mean, "Believe it or not... ?!?!" Of COURSE you missed us, Sojo!! :lol:
I'm glad you had such a great time, sweetie. I haven't read that book, but I'm going to look for it...
Believe it or not, we missed you, too. ;) Welcome back, hon!! :cb: