3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Vitamins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/26079-vitamins.html)

flower 03-27-2003 01:48 PM

Vitamins

Do you do vitamins??? I know I should esp since I know I don't get enough calcium. I just forget this all the time. I am going to leave the bottle right next to the computer so I remember. It is just a multi w/ calcium. I don't think i could ever be a person who took a bazillion different ones everyday. But one probably would help... So, who else needs the reminder to take theirs???

Lunula 03-27-2003 02:30 PM

Ever since I got one of those daily pill dispensers, I am religious about taking my supplements every single day. You should get one - I told my mom about it, too - and she's much better about it as well.

I just have a little plastic one, split into seven slots with "M, T, W, T, F, S, S" written on the lids of all the slots... I fill it up every Sunday. It is SO much easier to remember to take everything this way, and I never run out of vitamins because I always look at what I have left and plan ahead better. And, it's easier to pack the dispenser when I take trips rather than taking all those bottles!

Lamorgan 03-27-2003 08:55 PM

Haven't taken a vitamin in 13 years... They made me throw up during my second pregnancy.

:)

L

Sojourner 03-27-2003 10:27 PM

Yup...

I take a multi vitamin/mineral supplement, and alternate an additional B complex and a calcium complex every other day. I can tell physically when I am not taking these supplements after a few weeks. I start to get cracks in the corners of my lips and I get acne and moody if I don't take the B supplement. I also highly recommend siberian ginseng... it really helps with more energy, especially if you suffer from depression (like me).

mauvaisroux 03-27-2003 10:46 PM

Just one multivitamin per day :)

ellis 03-28-2003 06:39 AM

DH bought me a bottle of Centrum last week. He's sick of me being sick. :D
And I take 2 cranberry capsules a day. I can't believe what a difference they make... no indication of an infection since I've started taking them!
I must get some b-6...

Ruthxxx 03-28-2003 07:32 AM

I love my weekly pill dispenser which has morning and night boxes. At night I take my diabetes meds religiously and sometimes calcium and St John's Wort to help with insomnia. In the morning I usually take calcium, multivitamin, E and B6. A couple of times per year I take a 3 week run of Echinacea so I don't get stupid colds. It's worked pretty well so far.

jiffypop 03-28-2003 11:28 AM

calcium [in crystalline form; those horse pills are NOT going down!!!] and a chewable multivitamin. yes. i'm a pill wimp.

dentrassi 03-28-2003 11:32 PM

Lunula-I can't get by without a pill dispenser (or THREE!!!) 3 of us in the house are on meds regularly, and the other two always forget if they have taken theirs or not. I take progesterone 10 days a month and would forget when to start it if I didn't plan it all out!!!

And I take a multi vitamin also (Centrum like Ellis!!)