3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   25 Reasons You Should Let Yourself Off The Hook (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/26019-25-reasons-you-should-let-yourself-off-hook.html)

OI812 03-25-2003 03:31 PM

25 Reasons You Should Let Yourself Off The Hook

1) That 30 extra minutes of sleep will make you smarter--and sweeter--for the whole day.

2)Buying another pair of shoes will stimulate the economy.

3) Frozen waffles stack better than homemade.

4) Because as Scarlet O'Hara once said, "Tomorrow is another day."

5) Carrot cake counts as a vegetable.

6) And while on the subject of health food, brownies contain three out of the five major food groups--eggs, oil and flour. Not too shabby!

7) That dust under the carpet makes it softer underfoot.

8) Sometimes cuddling with your child is more important than making dinner from scratch.

9) Gossip keeps you on top of current events.

10) Playing with your kids is just as good as a workout--and more fun.

11) Let's face it: You'll be the household hero if you let them order pizza tonight.

12) Consider those marathon phone chats with your friend across the country a way of boosting your stock in the telephone company.

13) Hey, if everybody paid their bills on time, all those bill collectors would be out of a job.

14) So you need a catnap. Rip Van Winkle slept for a hundred years, and his life story is considered a literary classic.

15) You pup will worship you no matter what.

16) Ordering Chinese food exposes the kids to a different culture.

17) Your in-lawas had no trouble eating Sunday dinner without you before yu married their son.

18) Watching Leave It To Beaver on TV Land in the afternoon is like a crash course in cultural anthropology.

19) People can be very forgiving. Look at Julia Roberts--she broke up a marriage, and she's still Hollywoods's sweetheart.

20) J.Lo's bringing back the booty, so why should yo sweat yours?

21) Studies say successful multitasking is a myth. (And by the way, so is having a clean kitchen floor when you have kids.)

22) Besides, Mom was right--you can only do one thing at a time and do it well.

23) Relax...the dirty laundry won't be any dirtier tomorrow.

24) Because sometimes doing nothing at all can give you a whole new perspective on life.

25) Isn't bed-head "in" again?

I got this list from First magazine and thought I'd share it with you all for a bit of laughter.

~Kelly~

ellis 03-25-2003 05:10 PM

Thank you Kelly... Lidian and I will each print off number eight and hang it on our fridges. :D

Lidian 03-26-2003 02:32 PM

It's going on the fridge right now Ellis! I made mac and cheese from a box last night and man were the girls happy! Unlike the night before when I made beef stew from scratch. Which was very unusual - me cooking from scratch I mean, not the stew (DH loved it, which is good, cuz I can't eat it and the girls won't)...And they all love brownies made from a mix. I don't make them too often but boy when I do you'd think I'd made a Martha Stewart cake with spun sugar cage and all. Even DH liked the box brownies and HE grew up in England and had homemade cakes every day (MIL is an amazing baker BTW).

Now if I could only remember what brand o' mix it was - I can't remember stuff like that! Had a photo of brownies on the front, but that's not much to go on! Ha ha.

I loved the rest of the list too - thanks Kelly!

Lidian

ellis 03-26-2003 03:10 PM

You know what's really good? Betty Crocker low fat brownies. Wicked.

dentrassi 03-26-2003 04:06 PM

You know what makes the best brownies I have ever had? (And I USED to make them from scratch!!) Ghiardelli Brownie mix (especially with a few extra chips thrown in!!!) I couldn't believe they were from a mix, and I will never make them from scratch again!!!

ellis 03-26-2003 04:50 PM

I've never heard of them. Please ship up an entire carton.

squeaker 03-26-2003 05:49 PM

Hmm, I haven't had the Ghiardelli Brownie mix. I don't think I have even seen it. The chocloates aren't bad. Though for higher end chocolate, I like Lindt even more. The truffles are amazing...

wsw 03-26-2003 09:54 PM

needed a good laugh. enjoyed the list, thanks!

dentrassi 03-26-2003 10:26 PM

Costco carries the mix. it is 4 mixes for around $6.00 (I think...haven't bought it for a while...TRYING to be good!!!)

Lidian 03-27-2003 11:09 AM

Wow, Ghiradelli brownies - they sound amazing! My charming girls would want them every day I am sure. I used to get generic mix and use applesauce instead of oil, and no one suspected a thing.

They all liked blueberry muffins made with white cake mix too - not so healthy, but great accolades for me. Like I was Julia Child. Oh MOOOOMMM, you are such a great baker! Thank you dear, I am good at opening cardboard boxes, it took me many years to perfect my talent.

I used to pretend to be Emeril when I got their cereal, when I was not too crabby at 7:30 am. I would go BAM with the sugar, but it went all over the table (not a big surprise to most of you, but it was pretty early in the day and I am not the sharpest tack in the box first thing before coffee), so I closed down the show. Also it was getting exhausting doing it every day (I did it for 2 days) (I just don't know how Celine Dion is gonna do that show every day for 3 years)!

Lidian

ellis 03-27-2003 11:32 AM

Celine Dion... could someone please explain to me the appeal? Strange woman. And why does America want her?! Bizarre.

mauvaisroux 03-27-2003 11:06 PM

Ellis honey, America can have Celine Dion! :p

We listen to the radio at work and if I have to hear her screeching out that "I drove all Night" song or whatever it is called one more time I am going to pitch the radio out the window! :mad:

squeaker 03-27-2003 11:33 PM

But I don't want her either - Take her back!!!! ;)

ellis 03-28-2003 06:36 AM

We'll ship her somewhere else. Let's see what they do to her in England.

katrinabgood 03-28-2003 06:52 PM

Send her to France...