What was the last show/concert you went to?

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • Me with In This Moment. (:

I look so frumpy next to the long legged goddess.
  • You got to meet her! Awesome! I saw her last year at Rock on the Range - she did a circle mosh pit. She had everyone going, it was really cool.

I am excited to find this thread because a big part of my weight loss goal is to be smokin' hot for ROTR this May. I want to wear something sexy. It's a huge motivator! I think I'm the only person at the gym that runs to "Blood, Blood, Blood..."

Not to completely hijack - last concert was Jack White. Before that was Chevelle, Halestorm and Evanescence and yes - I crowd surfed! Honestly, I didn't think about my weight because I have seen so many big guys do it. I saw a wheelchair at ROTR last year! But, as far as what I am wearing - I definitely think about it and want to have fun with costumes.

28lbs by May 17th!
  • Saw Dragonette at Christmas tree lighting show. Super fun!
  • Wow this thread makes me remember I have not been to a concert in awhile. Last one was white stripes.

I used to go all the time in the 80's. I was into what was then considered some new wave and alternative music. I was in my 20's then living in suburbia.

Over the years I have seen:
    Bryan Adams
    The Spoons.
    Culture Cub
    The Fixx
    Rod Stewart
    Rush
    Queen
    Saga
    Duran Duran
    The Police
    Blue Peter
    Leonard Cohen
    The Cure
    J Geils Band
    Tears for fears
    Cindylauper
    Howard jones
    Omd
    David Bowie

I can't remember the rest. Lol I feel dated
  • Leonard Cohen in Kingston, Ontario last Thursday. Terrific way to spend 3 1/2 hours! Next will be Fleetwood Mac in Ottawa in April - if I live that long and the creek don't rise.
  • Quote:
    I used to go all the time in the 80's. I was into what was then considered some new wave and alternative music. I was in my 20's then living in suburbia.

Over the years I have seen:
    Bryan Adams
    The Spoons.
    Culture Cub
    The Fixx
    Rod Stewart
    Rush
    Queen
    Saga
    Duran Duran
    The Police
    Blue Peter
    Leonard Cohen
    The Cure
    J Geils Band
    Tears for fears
    Cindylauper
    Howard jones
    Omd
    David Bowie

I can't remember the rest. Lol I feel dated
    PluckyPear - I knew I liked you. I was a tween and teen in the 80s. Had a giant poster of Robert Smith on my bedroom wall. The Police was the first concert I ever saw. My dad got me tickets as a Valentine's day present. I was in fourth or fifth grade. I would kill to see David Bowie live and am considering going to see Morrissey in January. (Problem: January in Ohio. The likelihood of snow is high.)

Last year, my brother gave me a CD of "Just Can't Get Enough: A Very New Wave Christmas," which is bloody awesome. The track list:

Quote:
    1. Thanks For Christmas - The Three Wise Men (aka XTC)
    2. Christmas Day - Squeeze
    3. Fairytale Of New York - The Pogues Featuring Kirsty MacColl
    4. Rudolph The Manic Reindeer - Los Lobos
    5. 2000 Miles - The Pretenders
    6. Santa Claus - Throwing Muses
    7. Little Drummer Boy - Miracle Legion
    8. Xmas At K-Mart - Root Boy Slim And The Sex Change Band With The Rootettes
    9. Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy - David Bowie And Bing Crosby
    10. One Christmas Catalogue - Captain Sensible
    11. All I Want For Christmas - Timbuk 3
    12. Shouldn't Have Given Him A Gun For Christmas - Wall Of Voodoo
    13. Santa's Beard - They Might Be Giants
    14. Christmas - The Buzz Of Delight (Featuring Matthew Sweet)
    15. Christmas Time - Chris Stamey Group
    16. Mary Xmess - Sun 60
    17. Careless Santa - Mono Puff
    I saw, uhm. The Three Irish Tenors. They have great voices but the concert was pretty provincial. So, of course, is my town. However, in the Christmas portion they sang "Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues, which rocked. I am sure I was the only one who knew the original in the auditorium. Though maybe I am overconfident.
  • Ruth I so wanted to see Cohen this time around. I don't know if I will get the chance again. I fell in love with him in grade 12 modern english class when we listened to "Suzanne" on vinyl.

Mnem lol I like you too. That cd sounds awesome. I forgot to mention I saw The Clash twice and they are my favourite band. Now I like a much wider variety of music.
  • The last one I went to was Black Moth Super Rainbow. It was pretty fun but a couple of the openers were shifty. Before that I saw Fang Island and that show was effing RAD!

Going to see Ty Segall in January and I'm pumped for that!
  • Quote:
    Mnem lol I like you too. That cd sounds awesome. I forgot to mention I saw The Clash twice and they are my favourite band. Now I like a much wider variety of music.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you are my idol, for srs. London Calling is the greatest album of the 1970s or 1980s, and I would just die to have been able to see The Clash in concert. Wow.
  • new to the forum so hey guys! Umm last gig I went to was new found glory and it was damn good.
  • I have decided that as long as it isn't forecast to snow, I am going to go see Morrissey in Columbus next week. Right now it looks good, but I am waiting until the weekend to make plans based on the forecast to be sure.
  • The last concert I went to was in Pittsburgh. I saw Nickelback, Seether, Bush, and some other band. It was actually a great show.
  • Psychic - I almost went to that concert in Columbus, but couldn't get past the idea that Nickelback was the headliner. Seether and Bush, yes - Nickelback, not so much! I did hear good things about the concert, though and I really want to see Seether. I CAN'T WAIT for Rock on the Range!!! I'm counting down to the lineup announcement. It's actually a big part of my weight loss goal - I want to be thin to wear a cute outfit to the concert! I'm 33 years old and I WILL be a teenager that weekend. I don't care. LOL! It's my escape. When I'm running and want to stop, I channel my inner Lzzy and keep going. Haha.
  • I'm a big fan of Seether and Bush, but not so much of Nickelback. I will admit that Nickelback is actually great live though. Great stage presence, awesome special effects and real singing that actually sounds good.
  • Last show was phish new years run, 4 nights. The fan base is primarily male but I would say 80-90% of the small female population of fans are on the thinner side. It can be intimidating, but i'm always there with my boyfriend so it makes it a bit easier to deal with my insecurities. Just knowing that he chooses me is enough (not to sound totally codependent or anything lol).