3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Yay! I exercised today! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/25975-yay-i-exercised-today.html)

flower 03-23-2003 06:47 PM

I just did the beginning version of Pilates for Dummies. All I can say is Damn! I am gonna hurt tomorrow! My tummy got in the way more than once and my flexibilty is down to zero these days. But I will continue cause Raventoy says it is working! :) Some of the parts are easier than others, and some I wanted to cry and eat ice cream and say forget it! But since I want to get fit, I will do it and some how start to like it!

RavenToy 03-24-2003 06:27 AM

:grouphug: Flower. I did my Basic Pilates this morning too. Still on my challenge and haven't missed yet. And odd that you should say that about the tummy. Mine gets in the way too, and it's frustrating and I still just want to give up sometimes. Like now... :o But it is making a difference. It made a difference in my interval training this weekend, too, I could tell. I will complete this three month challenge to myself. Week two, day one, and done.

mauvaisroux 03-24-2003 09:41 AM

I went to the gym on Friday night after work for 45 minutes.

Saturday I went to belly dance class for 1 1/2 hours then spent the day with my teacher and another student tromping around at fabric stores looking for costuming materials.

does shopping for 4 hours count? :D

Lidian 03-24-2003 10:55 AM

I went for a run this morning - 30 minutes, about 3 miles measured. Nice to have dry sidewalks with no snow!

Lidian

OI812 03-24-2003 12:06 PM

Monday March 24

I did an hour total body tubing exercise class today.

rochemist 03-24-2003 03:34 PM

Today was a good lowerbody workout. I hit all my 10's!

Enjoy Pilates for Dummies Flower its a good tape!

Miss Chris

ellis 03-24-2003 04:35 PM

Today I swept the verandah and driveway and hung some laundry out. Yes, I'm hoping to do some REAL exercise SOON! :lol:

Going to yoga tonight. I wish you girls could all come with me. It would be a HOOT!! I think there would be much laughter and a great deal of grunting. :D

flower 03-24-2003 05:57 PM

I accidently got the Beyond Basics Yoga for Dummies...Well, I like it. Can't say I am doing all the poses 100%. BUT I am enjoying it. I need to regain the flexibilty I have lost. I think i will go online and get the first one. I was dreading doing it...but I like it. I am wierd. I am sure it will be a few weeks before I say I like doing the pilates one! :)

I also did my shape internet workout. I want to get a walk in. Hopefully Chris will be home at an early time so I can go before the sun sets...

Sojourner 03-24-2003 09:00 PM

Ok

Yesterday I gardened for 45 minutes and walked for about 45 minutes. Today isn't looking so great. I suppose I will have to do one of my exercise tapes before bed. I can definitely tell I've been putting in the miles though... my hamstrings hurt all the way up to my a**! :o But hey... thats a good kind of pain.

I'm really considering joining the YMCA so I can get back in the pool (I really love to swim, and am actually good at it). Plus I want to start lifting weights again. It would also be a lot of fun to take a kickboxing class... I used to take one a few years back and just LOVE punching and sparring. But with the weather warming up, I'm just not sure if I should join or not. Of course if I'm going to do that sprint triathlon... I'll have to start swimming again... ;) ! Oh decisions, decisions.

mauvaisroux 03-24-2003 09:38 PM

What the hey is body tubing?????

Went swimming after work today :) No one was in the pool area but me for 1/2 an hour so I praticed my back floats while singing Ethel Merman showtunes :lol: good job no one walked in on me :o

flower 03-24-2003 09:39 PM

I walked swiftly for 45 minutes. :)

ellis 03-24-2003 10:09 PM

Mauvais, you're hilarious. :lol:

jiffypop 03-24-2003 11:49 PM

ethel merman.. a great lady. does this mean that we now have ethel mermaid??? <sorry, it's been a long day>

todays' exercise: 40 minutes of intervals on the bike to nowhere. 10 minutes treadmill, entire weight workout. may i go to bed now???

RavenToy 03-25-2003 06:39 AM

25 minute, 1.5 mile interval training on the treadmill per coolrunning.com training schedule (The Couch to 5K Running Plan)

OI812 03-25-2003 08:16 AM

Mauv--body tubing is where you use an exercise elastic tube or elastic band and you use it for strength and resistance training. A very good workout I get from doing that class