vegan diet...having a hard time getting enough protein

• Hi guys, so i've been a vegan for 2.5 yrs now. it was never to lose weight or for health reasons but now that i AM trying to lose weight, i realize i've been having a hard time getting in all the protein i need. anybody have any (possibly low cal) suggestions? i've also thought about buying some protein powder, but most have whey in them so anyone know of any good and delicious vegan protein powders?
    thanks for the help!!
  • Beans, hemp seed, chia seed, check out 'Eat to Live' website
  • What the other person said and Dark leafy greens, any soy based protien powder, Tvp, tofu, temph.

I dont do the low cal diet, but I have been a vegan for a while and have never had trouble with protien.

Iknow you asked this back in march, but I figured i'd post just in case you were still wondering.
  • Lentils are great and various types of beans are great! I try to have these with everything. And as the others said, soy!
  • Quinoa is considered a complete protein and it's delicious!
  • Edamame is delicious and has 100 calories per half cup!
  • I make a huge salad for lunch and either have organic tempeh on it or make these fabulous almond flaxseed burgers (but I make balls, not burgers) from the Thrive Diet. Just google it and you will find the recipe. I make half the recipe and it makes 8 balls, and I usually have 1.5 on my salad as it's really rich and filling!
  • Try tofu. It has a lot of protein in it and can be prepared many different ways. Almond and soy milk would be great choices also. I know almond milk has a good amount of protein in it. As everyone else said, try beans and lentils too.