Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I disappeared.. but now I am back.

Hi everyone,

I was here around the end of September and the beginning of October. A lot of stuff has happened in my life the last couple of months and I'm finally confident enough to get back on track.

My fiance and I moved to Texas to live with his mother and her boyfriend while we get back on our feet (this is a whole different conversation in and of itself). On top of all the other things that are difficult at home, it's been really hard to eat well here. My MIL's boyfriend will, pretty much, only eat meat and potatoes and he turns his nose up at almost every vegetable no matter how it's cooked. I've been using this as an opportunity (forever the optimist that I am) to work on my portion size control. While some days I falter, most days I do pretty well. I now work in a gourmet popcorn and candy shop in the closest town to where I live. I thought it would be really hard to lose weight working in a candy store, but to be honest it's not that hard. If I have an incredible craving I'll eat a piece of candy, but most of the time I can have a few kernels of plain popcorn and it'll tide me over until my next meal. My job is surprisingly laborious and despite my almost total lack of effort and my eating-well-sometimes I've managed to lose almost the same amount of weight that I was hoping to by the beginning of the year.

To date I've lost 27 lbs, but I don't really feel like I earned it. Sure, I work hard at work and I've been taking healthy lunches and trying to keep my portions of the rib-sticking food small, but I just don't feel any different.

I don't know why I feel so lack-luster, especially about my weight loss because I should be THRILLED about that, and I have SO many things to be excited about in my life (just went on a vacation to visit my parents, getting married in September, planning the honeymoon, finally having a job, etc.) but I was wondering if anyone else ever feels completely blah about everything and what you do to pull yourself out of the funk?
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #2  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Sometimes, yeah lack luster is a pretty perfect term for it. It is just hard sometimes to be excited about weight loss when you have so many other things to be excited about. I think that's pretty normal though and as long as you're still concerned with keeping your healthy habits, I think it's ok. Stress is distracting, even good stress.

I sometimes have to do things that focus me into the future with my loss to get that umph back and keep me moving forward.

Welcome back!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #3  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

You're doing really well. You probably just feel like it isn't as much of a victory because it didn't take enormous effort to get you there, but even your small steps and discipline are to be congratulated. Maybe it's time to set a harder goal for yourself? Sometimes, the payoff of actually achieving something difficult is the kind of motivation you need. You'll be more excited if you're having to work at something than you will be if it's too easily available or won.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote