3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Pigs Anonymous (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/24346-pigs-anonymous.html)

ellis 01-30-2003 07:34 AM

Pigs Anonymous

Yesterday this FAT chick exercised like crazy and then went home and ate everything in site. And to top it off, she made her husband get her a bag of bridge mixture, and she ate the whole damned thing! :mad:
:ink:

rochemist 01-30-2003 08:22 AM

Well its not very anonymous since my picture will show up right next to it. Besides food confessions are just noting are triggers along the way. Why do you think you ate everything in sight Ellis? Push yourself too hard in your work-out and felt deserving?

Last night after spending 30 min on the elliptical I had an unplanned bowl of cereal, SHOCK, before bed. They just look good and I had just burned 200 extra calories. SO BAD! But part of it was they were sitting out. I would have never thought of it without them sitting out. ALL FOOD AFTER DINNER GETS PUT AWAY!

We will do awesome today Ellis!
Miss Chris

ellis 01-30-2003 08:43 AM

Thank you, Chris darling... :)
I just seem to have the occasional bad day when all I can think about is food (okay, EVERY day is like that, but some days are worse than others :lol: ), and it's usually a day when I've done really well at the Y.
DH and I were supposed to go the Y this morning, but we're going to take a break from it. Going to pick up my pantry shelves and EAT WELL!!
You too, Chris! Stay away from that cereal, girl!
xoxo

Ruthxxx 01-30-2003 08:48 AM

Um...my evil sister Ruthless sat and watched Studio2 last night and had a sherry glass of Bailey's Irish cream. And then she lied in her journal about staying OP yesterday! Dumb broad!

rochemist 01-30-2003 11:25 AM

Well hang Ruthless out back later. For now we know Ruth is doing fine ;-)

Miss Chris

Lidian 01-31-2003 10:47 AM

Well girls, I just had to douse the leftover chocolate chips in dish soap before I ate them ALL! My DH could not believe that anyone would have to act like this. I said, I've done it before, and I'm probably gonna do it again! Ha ha ha. And last night I had an almond cookie and an half a glass of wine - DH had them out cuz he had a bad day (but then he can control himself without resorting to the dish soap!)

Yeah, back to the drawing board. And why is it I think toast is so exciting? I can probably live without toast every day, can't I? It never actually solves anything I'm stressing over, that dumb toast or the chocolate chips!

Lidian

Thanks for letting me vent...I'm going to the library to stock up on People mags - fat free relaxation technique!

ellis 01-31-2003 11:13 AM

Irish Cream... yum!

Lidian, I can totally relate to your chocolate chip story. :lol: I've done similar things. I SHOULD have done it the other night with the bridge mixture that I don't like. I threw the ones I don't like into the wastebasket in my bedroom. Last night I picked them out and ate them. What a LOSER!! ick.

And toast? Huh. Just give a loaf with some butter and I promise not to eat anything else all day! :rolleyes:

Ruthxxx 01-31-2003 01:10 PM

12 grain bread whole wheat toast! Yum! Even without butter.

Leenie 01-31-2003 04:02 PM

Hey Ellis, just close your eyes, take a deep breath and say $_@%&@#_%&@#_%&@%_&@_%&#_&@%_& !!!!!!

Okay, open your eyes and wahlah, its a new day w/a new start.

I did so good on my diet the other day, then got up in the middle of the night at ate 1/2 a jar of pnut butter, go figure ?

Your not alone lady, we all make mistakes but they can be corrected the next day. This is the day the Lord had given us.

HUGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Leenie :chef:

ellis 01-31-2003 04:16 PM

No need to translate that... I get the message! :lol: Leenie, I haven't heard from you for AGES!!

You're so right. In fact, my sweet DH sat down with me yesterday and said a prayer about our weight loss. Sounds corny, but as he said, we can't seem to do it on our own, and our bodies are important!!

Good grief... half a jar of peanut butter!? Woof!! ;)

Here's to a new day, girls... tomorrow!!
:grouphug:

Ruthxxx 01-31-2003 05:13 PM

Shucks, Ellis. Ruthless just forced a Laura Secord French Crisp down my gullet. i worked my butt off making a gorgeous fruit salad and all DH said was "That doesn't look like enough for 16 people". He is off to the store to get some more fruit - canned!maybe praying

ellis 01-31-2003 05:23 PM

is this something like the fish and loaves story? :D

Lidian 02-01-2003 08:55 PM

Irish Cream, peanut butter, French mint crisps...it all sounds good to me! I always lick the knife after I make DD a PB & J sandwich. And I have been known to stick my finger in the jar too.

I don't know why I feel like eating all the goodies that are not soaking in dish soap (& I DO know where to find them!). A little stressed today. But why oh why can't stress lead me to loss of appetite and green tea? Why does it (still! oh, still!) lead to the granola bars, the goldfish...thank goodness I don't have any graham crackers around, they'd be gone! I can eat a whole sleeve in one evening. The cinnamon ones are nice too!

I tried that WW thing where you put Cool Whip in between 2 graham crackers and freeze them but I ate three sandwiches in 3 minutes and thought - I don't think this is gonna be a good diet thing for me!

Next week I am going to make sure I write in my paper journal when I want to eat lots of sugar! I just started a new notebook, one that I like. I was between 'good' notebooks, you know, ones that feel good to write in. I think it may help (hope so!).

Lidian:)

ellis 02-02-2003 07:59 AM

Yeah... if I'm going to suffer from depression, why can't I be one of those people who are completely disinterested in food?

dentrassi 02-02-2003 12:16 PM

DITTO!!!!!!!!!

squeaker 02-02-2003 02:10 PM

Well I have the problem of sometimes being disinterested, sometimes very interested in food when depressed. I didn't eat much at all yesterday, but during the week I consumed a half a box of girl scout cookies in one sitting. I also ate a peanut butter sandwhich, hash browns, and mini pizzas one night for dinner. :p

rochemist 02-02-2003 07:39 PM

6 Dark Chocolate Wibbur Buds made it into my day without my permission! Argh. Didn't blow my calorie count but I am mad at myself for shoving them in. OH WELL!

Miss Chris

rochemist 02-03-2003 08:03 AM

This culminated outside my calorie count later in the evening with a Geogia Mud Fudge and a piece of fish!

TODAY IS A NEW DAY!

Miss Chris

mauvaisroux 02-03-2003 09:23 PM

Ummm....:?: I'm confused...is this the pigs anonymous thread? :lol: Well I have been eating everything without care for the past week and now I am paying the price. I think I have been stress eating again :( I really have to get control of this!

ellis 02-04-2003 07:50 AM

Yeah, every thread is being turned into a nurturing thread. :lol:

Hugs to all you stressed pigs. :grouphug:

MissWashu 02-13-2003 08:20 PM

I have no idea who just polished off the Ben and Jerry's, but I'm sure that she doesn't feel so good about herself right now.

Lidian 02-13-2003 08:52 PM

I'll bet she's related to the same person who was in here just now chomping on hard caramel candies in a desperate attempt to refrain from eating all the digestive biscuits calling from the kitchen...Ugh!

Lidian

ellis 02-14-2003 01:22 AM

Ah, Ben and Jerry. What sweet men. :D

Lidian, are you CRUNCHING those hard candies?! You're supposed to SUCK them!! snicker. I do the same thing. Just can't get them down fast enough.

You know, give me one chocolate and I'll make it last, but give me ten and I'll devour them in a matter of seconds. :?:

Lidian 02-14-2003 08:56 PM

Me too Ellis, I can make one lonely After Eight last 20 minutes, but if I have a bunch of them they won't last 20 seconds!

The best thing about Jolly Ranchers is that you really can't crunch them like Tastations (the chocolate ones are especially crunchable!)...I usually just keep the Jollies around (I like the name too, though some days they might as well be Grouchy Ranchers).

I just crunched the last one tonight! I had better not get any more of them. Perhaps some delicious sugarless chewing gum would be a good idea...

Happy choccy day by the way!

Lidian

ellis 02-15-2003 12:36 AM

My sweet Dad... if he gains five pounds he'll go on a diet and promptly lose it. He'll buy a chocolate bar, eat half, and save the rest for the following evening. Or the following week if he forgets about it. CAN YOU IMAGINE!!?? :rolleyes:

rochemist 02-15-2003 10:16 AM

Stuck out in Blair, NE cause of the csnow storm have been eating all kinds of hideous things. Whants the most nutrious snack out of the vending machine? Perhaps the Nutroll or Cheetos? Protein?

ARGH BLEAH!
Miss Chris

Lidian 02-15-2003 11:23 AM

Your dad sounds like my DH, Ellis...when he decides to lose a couple of pounds (not that he needs to) it takes him about a week of maybe cutting out one pastry (per week)...

Chris, nuts are good protein and if you are stuck due to snow I think maybe they don't have as many calories. Just like when I eat chocolate and I am standing up, or I forget to count it in my food diary, it doesn't count, sort of...

:) Lidian

ellis 02-15-2003 04:58 PM

You could also dance in front of the vending machine while you're deciding, Chris. That would cut back on a few cals.

Amyjo01 02-16-2003 03:47 PM

Somebody ate 3/4 of a bag of tootsie rolls in the past 2 day, they are fat free does that count for something? Now if they could make them sugar free, someone might buy stock......

Lunula 02-18-2003 07:32 PM

God, I really need some advice/help here. Last week my company paid for a trip out to Vegas (we had our annual conference there, so we still had to work) - this meant NO exercising, TONS of eating, LOTS of sitting around and some drinking thrown in while gambling!

So now I'm home and I am 100% unmotivated to get back into the groove of things. I'd lost 18 pounds before the trip (in less than 2 months) - I was exercising almost every day (and enjoying it, for goodness sake!) - eating really well - getting lots of rest - you know, all the "good stuff" - and now... I'm eating like THREE pigs! I did pretty well all day today - but ended up missing my step aerobics class because of work - my solution? I got home, still thinking I'd pop an aerobics tape in, but instead I opened a jar a peanut butter and ate a bunch of that, then I ate some almonds, then some cereal...

I feel like an utter failure. I keep saying in my head, "Don't do this! Don't give up, you've come so far & you can get right back into it!" - but for some reason I'm not listening. I need someone to come over and kick me a few times, lol. Any takers? :?:

mauvaisroux 02-18-2003 07:53 PM

:drill: Now you listen up young lady! Don't you be moping around feeling bad and beating yourself up over this! You pick yourself up and get going again - you can do this! You are not a failure!

If there was a butt kicking boot shaped smiley I would be using it on you right now! Don't make me come over there Lunula! :lol:

(pssst...I'm in the middle of kicking my own butt back into gear too;) )

dentrassi 02-18-2003 11:17 PM

Lunula-Mauvais is right!! You have to get up, dust yourself off and keep going. I don't know about you, but when I start beating myself up I end up eating MORE. I'm trying to get back on track too, so lets just all kick ourselves for each other and say tomorrow will be a better day. (AND NO MIDNIGHT SNACKS FIRST!!!!!)

Lidian 02-19-2003 01:42 PM

I agree, Mauvais and Den! Lunula, there are bound to be times in the journey when you have sort have wandered off track and you just need to get back on...I have eaten a huge number of chocolate mints since last weekend (I plead stress and low will power!) and then I feel like, oh, so what, I am gonna eat what I like! But like you I want to keep off the weight I have lost...

Today is an absolutely NEW day - each day is. And sometimes when I feel down I just tell myself, do your best for today - don't think about anything but doing well TODAY. Or just one meal at a time. Break it down into little bits. Otherwise it can be overwhelming (don't I know it!). Whatever we ate already is in the past - what're you gonna do about it? Just do the best you can today.

I also find that if I "fake" it, just write my food diary and don't feel inspired or full of willpower...it comes back. Routines come back if you keep on doing them. You don't have to feel like it is so wonderful...and it's great to have this site, and all these wonderful women. My goodness - right now I feel like going out and getting more chocolate mints! Even though I am sick of them, really, but I also want them.

But I am not gonna do it. Maybe on Saturday when it is treat day I will. That's another useful thing - have a treat day or time period (mine is Saturday afternoon & evening) and tell yourself you can have it then...IF you still want it.

Lidian

mauvaisroux 02-19-2003 07:51 PM

HELP MEEEEE!!!! I have been craving buttertarts since 2 pm today and it is now 8 and I am still think about them and trying not to eat everything in the cupboard! WAH!:(

ellis 02-19-2003 08:25 PM

Flush 'em down the toilet darling. You shouldn't even HAVE buttertarts in the house!! :D

mauvaisroux 02-19-2003 08:37 PM

I don't have any in the house thank goodness! ....but the store downstairs does...which is why I am on the net trying not to eat! :dizzy:

ellis 02-19-2003 08:42 PM

:lol: Okay, well do you want me to make up a disgusting poem about buttertarts to turn you off? Probably not, huh? :lol:

Ruthxxx 02-19-2003 09:55 PM

First line of poem...

"Butter tarts make you fart"....next line, please!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruthxxx 02-19-2003 09:56 PM

"Just be smart!
'Diss butter tarts!
Results will be amazin'!"

ellis 02-19-2003 10:03 PM

If you don't eat the raisin
In the runny tarts
that give you the farts