Piercings/Tattoos as Rewards

You're on Page 8 of 9
Go to
  • Quote: This was my first tattoo I got when I had my son
    Very cute! I really like!
  • Thank you Amandie
  • my disney tattoo
    Quote: I am still working toward goal. I am going to add two Mickey hands to my should when I drop 50. I need small goals to stay focused.
    This is my Disney tattoo I got it for a few reasons: getting into the 200s, my LOVE of disneyland, and for my grandfather who past away. Love this one! Love disney!

• I think I'm going to get my belly button pierced as a reward for getting under 200lbs. I'm kind of nervous about what will happen when I lose more weight (ie, my belly button... flattening out? more) but screw it. I am going to wait 2 more months, for non-weight related reasons. Hopefully but then I'll be down another 10 pounds though.
  • Melarie, I actually came here to post that my reward for getting under 200 is to finally replace my belly ring! I have had the same one since I got it pierced 8 years ago. I guess I figured since I certainly wasn't showing it off, there was no point in having something shiny and new. I will get something on payday

I don't think you will have any issues when you get yours. I got mine pierced when I was probably 180, also had it at my high weight of 232, and nothing changed about the piercing or skin in that area. Congrats on Onederland
  • Thank you, I think I'll definitely get it then! And congrats to you too
    At some point, maybe once I've reached my major goal, I'm going to get a thigh tattoo as well.
  • Oh, sexy! I love thigh tattoos, they look awesome.

I think once I reach goal I'll upgrade to one of those dangly belly button rings... they're uncomfortable and look silly right now. And for my next mini-goal, if I can afford it I'd like to finally splurge and get a real gold and diamond nose stud.

This thread is great! It's making me plan out my rewards and gives me something to look forward to.
  • I'm going to finally get my first tattoo in September. It's not necessarily going to be a reward, but I'm going to try to lose as much weight as I healthily can by then. So excited! My hair will finally be the length I want by then (longer than waist), I will be closer to my weight ideal, and I'll have an awesome tattoo by the end of the year. Awesome.
  • I'm planning on using tattoos as a reward! I really want chakras down my back, but I don't want to do that until I would be able to show at least the top few in things like tank tops comfortably. I also will get a thigh piece as soon as I feel comfortable enough to show it off.

So I guess they serve as both goals and rewards
  • WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA.

I committed to my weight loss goals earlier this month and there's a tattoo I just decided to get. Never crossed my mind to carrot/stick the situation.

Love this!
  • I like this idea. Hope more people will get back in on this but I ultimately want to lose around 30 lbs. And when I do. I think I'll go in and get my whole back outlined.. sounds like a great idea!! I need some accountability buddy my tattooed and pierced friends!
  • There are at least 5 tats I want to get that I am using as rewards for reaching certain weight goals. One will be a large, very detailed thigh piece that is the one I am saving for when I reach my happy weight range. I only have one tat so far, so I am super excited to get more ink!
  • I didn't think about using tattoos as rewards either, but it's an excellent idea.

I have a few old pieces that have been progressively buried as my weight has crept up. My reward when I reach my first 30lbs will be to have my favourite half sleeve touched up and made glorious again.
  • I kind of want my septum pierced when I reach 145 but I'm afraid to since my cat attacks my face/nose when I sleep. Maybe I will just end up getting another ear piercing.
  • When I reach my goal weight/size I'm planning on getting a thigh tattoo.
    Would also like to start a sleeve ^_^