Intro: New and tatttoed

• Hi,

Just signed up for the forum and while searching for the right spot this one seemed like the place to be : ) I'm more of an alternachic than anything else.

I'm originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, lived in NYC for 14 years and live in WNC for the past 2. Work in a trauma center as an ER nurse.

I'm a mix of total urban/nature lover, spiritual/buddhist open minded lover of justice and a NON lover of intolerance and bigotry.

Love the ocean, hot yoga, dancing, animals, nature, traveling and tatttoos...

About the tats: they are all eastern inspired, I have a large back piece of Green tara and a small Ganesha on the "tramp stamp" area, I have a half sleeve of Nataraja, the dancing Shiva on my left arm and working on a full sleeve on my right arm. Upper arm is a Kuan Yin wrapped by a peacock and forearm has Green Tara's hand handing a lotus to the eyes of Buddha. They are all very colorful and beautiful, and I will post them when I can. I also have a small Ohm on my inner right ankle.

I have plan for plenty more... I'm know as the "tattoed nurse" in the ER. Patients actually love it and it helps break the ice and relax them.

My husband is a percussionist and massage therapist, I have a 24 year old daughter who lives in NYC and is an artist. (she's full of tattoos too : )

My motivation for joining this forum is for support and to hopefully meet like minded people, hopefully even in my area : )

Currently been doing weight watchers online, lost about 20 lbs since last Fall, but have been in a holding pattern. Thinking of doing high protein and decreasing carbs, I need something to give me a boost right now. As far as exercise, I belong to a gym and have videos at home but have not been good at doing either. I need to get into a routine but ER work and hours don't really help. But it's time to stop the excuses and get serious, so hoping I can get the support and strength from being here.

Peace! Namaste! Look forward to getting to know you all!
  • Welcome!

Sounds like a lot of beautiful tattoos. I have a Kali Yantra on my right foot and "Kali" in Sanskrit on my lower back
  • Welcome to 3FC =) And welcome to the Alternachicks area!

There's an ongoing Chatter thread, feel free to join in with us and post about your day! =)

There are a lot of areas around 3FC, so look around and post wherever you're comfortable.
  • Beautiful picture! Is it you? I had a hindu style wedding and wore traditional red wedding dress : ) Would love to see your tattoos!!!
  • What do you mean by chatter thread?
  • Welcome here! I am pretty new myself, but so far I think this place is pretty good.
  • Quote: What do you mean by chatter thread?
    The monthly Alternachicks Chatter thread. There's a July one rolling right now. It's just a place to chit chat about anything, and connect with other Alternachicks.

Here's the link: Alternachicks Chatter July!