Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 12:57 PM   #46  
Searching

So what did you think about Omaha when you saw About Schmidt? Did you think about it at all?

Miss Chris
Old 02-02-2003, 09:55 PM   #47  

I thought that Omaha was just a euphemism for any typical midwestern city - Hollywood's version of what life is like between the coasts.

Oh and it made me want to eat a steak, lol

but more than that, the movie made me think we need to keep our lives from becoming stale and I don't want to get older and set in my ways, I always want to challenge myself and forever keep a Plan B.

did you see it Chris?

Miss Terri
Old 02-10-2003, 11:25 AM   #48  

Height: 5'-2"

Surprise surprise... Ellis has just watched a few movies.

Saw The Pledge, with Jack Nicholson. He's great. And Sean Penn did a very fine job directing. I didn't particularly LIKE the ending, but I appreciated it.

Saw Iris last night with DH. Very good, but naturally disappointing for a fan of her books. You just can't fit an entire life into one movie.

Watched The Banger Sisters this morning with DD, who's home sick. It was a hoot... we both enjoyed it.

I really like Guess Who's Coming To Dinner too, Squeak.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:37 AM   #49  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Movie that did not make me think!

Saw Shanghai Knights on Saturday night-very funny- but one of those check your brain at the door before entering the theatre

MMMM...2 hours of Owen Wilson , oh, and the bad guy-Lord Rathbone was drool worthy too!
Old 02-10-2003, 06:26 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I watched Life as a House this weekend, and I also watched Labyrinth...for about the 200th time since I was a kid. I must say that I like hayden Christensen much better in LAAH than in Star Wars-I like Star Wars, but this film showed off his acting talents much, much more.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:55 AM   #51  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Well I rented 3 movies, so far I have watched 1 - Men With Brooms. It was a great book, and an excellent movie. Really funny. It is about a curling team.

I also rented Igby Goes Down, and the Good Girl. I will report back after I watch those.

I think I am going to see The Hours tomorrow too.

I love 4 day weekends
Old 02-16-2003, 10:34 AM   #52  
Searching

Looking forward to sneaking off to the movies to catch DD and What about Schmidt this next week :-)

Miss Chris
Old 02-16-2003, 07:37 PM   #53  
Cute & Fluffy

I saw The Hours today. I completely understand why it is up for so many awards. It was an increadible movie. I adore Julianne Moore. Though it was difficult to watch the 3 woman dealing with the pain of depression, and choosing to live life or not, I would highly recommend it.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:57 AM   #54  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Saw the Banger sisters last week. Great movie! Loved it!
Last night my girlfriend and I watched Sweet Home Alabama. It was a good moive too, another chick movie, but hey , I am a chick.
Virginia
Old 02-17-2003, 10:12 AM   #55  
Searching

I went and saw Daredevil last night. The cameos and comic book references were wonderful and even though it didn't make me think I LOVED IT!

Miss Chris
Old 02-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #56  

Height: 5'-2"

Just saw What about Schmidt with DH. It had some good bits, but it was very looooooooong and slooooow. I do love Jack Nicholson.
Old 02-23-2003, 04:00 PM   #57  
Cute & Fluffy

I saw the cute, but silly How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days. Very predictable, but overall cute. I adore Kate Hudson, and Matthew McConaughey, and they were good together.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:43 PM   #58  

Now that I'm back to being a single, I get to watch movies again!!! YEAH! I watched one of my favs. today- The Razor's Edge. It has rekindled my desire to go to India one of these days, years or lifetimes....
Any suggestions on killer chic, make you think or makes those little hairs by your bum stand up movies?
Not that I mind horror and sci-fi, but I have just spent the last 18 months watching all of the X-files (and I do mean all of them) and zombies eating people eyes and/or breasts while shopping in lower Manhattan type films.
I love being a girl!
blessings-
blackbird
Old 02-23-2003, 10:32 PM   #59  
Searching

Watched Murder by Numbers this weekend. It was pretty good, think Crime and Punishment meets Rope with a twist. It will get you thinking about what freedom is.

13 Conversations about One Thing was okay. Very artsy and trying too hard. Pacing was a bit off in places but I still enjoyed it.

A Funny Thing Happend on the Way to the Forum. Weird. Think pre-Monty Python but with the same flavor. If I still did drugs maybe I would have like it more! LOL!
Miss Chris
Old 02-23-2003, 11:00 PM   #60  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

We had some friends over for "Spaghetti Western Night"

We served up a spaghetti dinner with ceaser salad, crusty bread, and profiteroles for dessert (no wonder I'm not losing weight ) and then we watched old Clint Eastwood movies, the ones directed by Italian directors and shot in Italy and Spain hence the theme for the evening!

We watched Hang 'Em High, The Outlaw Josey Wales (one of my faves) and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (aie-aie-aie-wha wha wha) - anyone one having seen this movie gets this- I hope- or I will sound like a complete lunatic
Closed Thread