3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Return of the LGBT Chicks... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/233976-return-lgbt-chicks.html)

ArsenicAlyss 05-24-2011 01:47 PM

Return of the LGBT Chicks...

Apparently the first thread of this kind was closed, though I can't tell why, there don't appear to be any inflammatory posts on there...so I'm starting another one! BWAHAHA!

....Yes, I assure you that I'm sane...:carrot:

Anyway, I'm a proud pansexual and/or queer chick residing in Southern California, where it seems like everyone in the LGBT community is either a thin high femme, a skinny twinkish gay boy, or a ripped muscle man type. Some diversity, but always thin, and often rude or outright nasty to not-so-thin tomboyish queer punx like me. : /

I know you all are out there somewhere... ; )

xoxo
Alyss

Initiative 05-26-2011 06:02 PM

Here! :P I have a wonderful wifey and i have more curves than being anywhere near washboard muscles. I am however more broad and larger then most women I meet. I have to wear larger shirts not because of my tummy really, mostly because of my shoulders and rib cage being too big for my "size". I like wearing boy clothes, but I love being girly also. I absolutely love having my hair short and spikey but for the last year I've actually grown it to a nice long length. I'm not any kind of stereo type because I alternate all the time. I'm always in a different mood and my lifestyle follows. :P

mandalinn82 05-26-2011 06:32 PM

It looks like it was closed for being ancient (sometimes we'll close threads if no one has posted in them for a long time because people bringing up very old threads can mean old information, answering questions to original posters who have since moved on, etc), not for any kind of wrongdoing.

Happily married gay woman here from CA (we got in the pre-prop-8 window).

Skyra 05-30-2011 11:42 AM

LGBT chick here! From Minneapolis. :wave:

UknwULikeThat 05-31-2011 12:36 AM

Gay Chick here from Oregon, also very new to the website. I am not high femme, nor do I dress like a boi... Im very much down the middle. I have some pounds to lose and be healthy!

Esofia 05-31-2011 12:49 PM

Bisexual woman living happily with a bisexual man here. I thought the old LGBT thread was great, though I was a bit taken aback by the "I'm bi and my husband should therefore feel honoured to have me" statements, which didn't really make sense to me. The main difference I've noticed with being with another bisexual is a) I don't get any flak about my sexual orientation (of course, the relationships in which I did get flak were not good ones), and b) equal opportunity ogling of actors on TV, we can tease each other about our taste in men or one of us will say, "What did they say? I was distracted by the cleavage," and the other will reply, "No idea, so was I!"

Out of curiosity, are there any poly folks here? I'm monogamous myself but I have a few friends living happily in triads and so forth.

UknwULikeThat 05-31-2011 08:32 PM

Esofia, I think its great you and your husband are both bi and can relate to what each other say and feel! I have never known a bi girl thats husband understood that.

Esofia 06-01-2011 12:08 PM

Seriously? People get married with that sort of gap? Anyway, thanks, and I've known a few other bisexual women with non-bi partners who were absolutely fine about it. (Well, I think one partner in question is mostly straight rather than entirely, but then that's a polyamorous group anyway so you'd expect them to be sensible about such matters.) We're not actually married, I remain properly alternative in that fashion, the institution of marriage has never appealed to me personally. By the way, I absolutely roared with laughter when someone on a thread in this forum asked what DH meant, and said that Urban Dictionary was bringing up "dickhead" but it couldn't possibly be that!

But yes, I've found that there's no real reason why sexual orientation should be a thing unless someone has a problem with it. We've both had former partners who were twits about it, and frankly they just needed to grow up (and in one case, possibly come out of the closet). It's really not a particularly interesting factor in our lives, and I was serious when I said that about the main way it impacts us is that we can playfully argue about whether or not Brad Pitt is hot. (He says yes, I say no, and a friend of mine says, "But Brad Pitt is the one the straight boys make an exception for!")

UknwULikeThat 06-01-2011 02:01 PM

lol thats awesome.... Depends what character Brad is playing... Mr. Smith...or Benjamin Button....

Ekicna 06-01-2011 02:10 PM

Bisexual woman here married to a heterosexual man. Hello all!

UknwULikeThat 06-01-2011 07:26 PM

I am actually quite excited i found this site and this thread. For some reason I am more as comfortable talking about issues or things from weight loss to whatever else talking to LGBT people!

triptriptrip 06-01-2011 10:12 PM

Hello everyone! I am a bisexual woman living with my boyfriend. He is very understanding and kind of likes it because I really get along with his male friends. They don't feel the need to censor themselves around me. It's kind of nice. I've always been interested in both sexes. It was never a taboo thing for me because my parents have gay friends. I went to high school in a very republican area of California and had to be one of the people that paved the way for the younger classes. It was worth it.

fatferretfanatic 06-01-2011 10:27 PM

Hello, everyone! Great to see this thread! I am a bisexual woman married to an amazing heterosexual man. Seriously, he is amazing-he definitely understands how I feel and accepts me truly, and honestly, it's a lot more fun for both of us that way. We both check out beautiful girls at times, and that is really fun. Our mutual male friends also appreciate my appreciation for beauty, which is also cool. I don't have really many female friends to speak of, though I do have a few, but I rarely discuss it with people I don't absolutely trust IRL, and so my male friends are really the only ones I usually discuss it with besides hubby. Once, I did have someone say to me though after stating I was bisexual and proud of it, that I was married and therefore couldn't be bisexual. They said I'd obviously made my choice-but I don't understand that because I chose the person to be in love with-but that doesn't mean that a married person can only be attracted to one type of sex/gender. Hubby really does understand me and my feelings about people, and I am so glad he has never said anything like that to me. I hate being compartmentalized because of vague assumptions. Anyway, I am so glad to meet you all.

triptriptrip 06-01-2011 10:38 PM

fatferretfanatic - I really hate when people say that because I have a boyfriend that I can't be bi! It's like saying, "Oh, you're wife is blonde, so you're only attracted to blondes." Just complete nonsense.

fatferretfanatic 06-01-2011 10:51 PM

It's really ridiculous! My response was, "What about when/if you fall in love? Does that mean that other people in the world cease to exist and that your sexuality gets turned into a stream that is only attracted to that one person and type forever?" I love my husband and we're monogamous (though I definitely am all for poly relationships and think they're fascinating), but that doesn't mean that I find only men attractive. Oh well-some get it and some don't. I wish I could help people to understand but you know, if they don't accept me, they don't have to be around me. :)