Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #46  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Sup everyone!
Bi girl here. I'll date whoever catches my fancy, so I can't really say "Oh yeah, more this than that." Maybe I identify more as Pansexual? Eh, who knows. Whatever works! I figure whoever you're attracted to is who you're attracted to. Can't change it so I just roll with it. Just checking in to say hey!

Last edited by Thousandsunny; 12-28-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:33 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 143/no idea/120-110

Height: 5'2'' (and a half)

Hi everybody

I'm a gay girl from London, seems that most people on the LGBT thread are from usa.
TheManekiNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #48  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Hey everyone! Bi chick here happily committed to my FTM Transgender BF of 3 years (plus those additional 3 years of friendship)! Glad to see another LGBT thread opening up! On a related note, we went to pride for the first time this year! It was just a small gathering at the farmer's market in our city, nothing big. Next year I want to go to the pride parade in Portland. I hear it's insane!!
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #49  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Hello hello! Fellow dyke here Glad to see this thread!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #50  
I choose me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManekiNeko View Post
Hi everybody

I'm a gay girl from London, seems that most people on the LGBT thread are from usa.
London UK or London Ontario Canada?? Haha I had to ask!
Old 07-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 258/234/138

Height: 5'5.5

I tend not to think of a lot of issues surrounding my weight loss as being exclusivley gay issues but here is one that definitly counts for me....One of my goals is to be hot enough that my family doesn't think that the only reason that I am gay is because I can't get a man. I typically don't care very much what they think and they are generally supportive (though they only refer to my girfriend of 3 years as my "friend") but I know that some of them think I'm settling because I'm not most men's definition of attractive.

The weird thing is that if my girlfriend were a man, she'd be better,at least on paper, than 99 percent of the men my cousin's have brought home or married. She comes from a good family, has a masters degree and a good job (not just a professional student), she's great with money, good to my mother, adores me and has no what they would call "bad habits" (ie. Doesn't drink too much, cheat or beat on me). If she were a he, I would be thought to have gotten a "catch", especially because I'm so overweight.

Anyone else ever feel the same?
gmailjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 143/no idea/120-110

Height: 5'2'' (and a half)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideMe View Post
London UK or London Ontario Canada?? Haha I had to ask!
London UK.

Didn't know there was a London in Canada too. Shows how much I know.
TheManekiNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:55 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I was raised in London, though I fled for Scotland at 18 and have stayed here ever since.

Random question: you know how bisexuals will sometimes say "I'm not interested in the person's gender/what's between their legs, I fall in love with their personality"? I've said it myself in the past, usually when having to justify myself to someone who is being unpleasant about bisexuality. It was pointed out on the previous LGBT thread that this is actually not a very nice thing to say, because it's basically a put-down of everyone who's not bisexual. Can anyone think of a way of getting across that general point without being unpleasant about it? The world being what it is, I doubt there's a bisexual around who doesn't have to justify their sexual orientation from time to time, and often we have to painstakingly explain that no, bisexuals are not confused or more likely to cheat or "trying to have their cake and eat it", and that bisexuality is not the same as non-monogamy. (At which point I often end up also explaining the basics of polyamory to them, and they can look even more shocked that there are people out there who are in faithful, balanced non-dyadic relationships.)
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmailjunkie View Post
I tend not to think of a lot of issues surrounding my weight loss as being exclusivley gay issues but here is one that definitly counts for me....One of my goals is to be hot enough that my family doesn't think that the only reason that I am gay is because I can't get a man. I typically don't care very much what they think and they are generally supportive (though they only refer to my girfriend of 3 years as my "friend") but I know that some of them think I'm settling because I'm not most men's definition of attractive.
Yep, I definitely know what you mean. No one has actually ever come out and said it to me, but I do feel like it's what people think- especially since I dated guys when I was smaller (except it was because I was young, not because I was average weight).

And I had to laugh because my parents call my girlfriend my "friend" also. They have progressed from calling her "your.... [pregnant pause]... friend" to "your friend," or usually her name. It's funny because they are pretty accepting overall and I have never had major problems with them about my orientation, so this seems kind of outlandish for them.

Three years should probably be a turning point for your family and your "legitimacy" as a couple. Neither of you are going anywhere, obviously, and there are plenty of straight people who get married far before their third anniversary!

Last edited by djs06; 07-15-2011 at 11:06 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esofia View Post

Random question: you know how bisexuals will sometimes say "I'm not interested in the person's gender/what's between their legs, I fall in love with their personality"? I've said it myself in the past, usually when having to justify myself to someone who is being unpleasant about bisexuality. It was pointed out on the previous LGBT thread that this is actually not a very nice thing to say, because it's basically a put-down of everyone who's not bisexual. Can anyone think of a way of getting across that general point without being unpleasant about it? The world being what it is, I doubt there's a bisexual around who doesn't have to justify their sexual orientation from time to time, and often we have to painstakingly explain that no, bisexuals are not confused or more likely to cheat or "trying to have their cake and eat it", and that bisexuality is not the same as non-monogamy. (At which point I often end up also explaining the basics of polyamory to them, and they can look even more shocked that there are people out there who are in faithful, balanced non-dyadic relationships.)

Honestly, I don't have a problem with it. (Although I wouldn't personally choose to frame it in a way that causes people to think deeply about genitals, i.e. "what's between their legs" ) Although I consider myself a lesbian, it doesn't mean that I don't fall in love with the *person,* it's just that the person always happens to be female. I wouldn't not in a relationship with someone BECAUSE they were male, I wouldn't (at this point in my life, though I have in the past) be in a relationship with someone I did not have love-feelings for- and that, in my experience, precludes men.

So, no problems with it here.

Last edited by djs06; 07-15-2011 at 11:16 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #56  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone! Bisexual (pan?) girl from Ohio. The first person I actually came out to (besides myself!) was my boyfriend, in December, and he is totally accepting of it, which is awesome. Glad to meet some other LGBT girls here!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #57  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Well, guess I'll name myself on here. Haha. I usually avoid the labels - and with this being a mostly American-forum and my own bias towards Americans I don't know what to think of this thread

Lesbian girl here! From The Netherlands! It's been a smooth ride for me, nobody ever cares that I am gay. Except for guys sometimes - but they just need to get over themselves. lol.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

And with a fabulous lesbian avatar to boot! Although she was being bi in the last episode, now I think of it. That woman manages to wear the most ridiculous outfits and still look hotter than a very hot thing.

I was once at a student party where a guy managed to come out with the "ooh, you're a lesbian [I went off men temporarily when I was about 20], I should chat you up then" stereotype and the "he's gay? Oh no! Back against the wall, quick!" stereotype in the space of five minutes. How he hadn't noticed that the host of the party was gay was beyond all of us, though: flamingly obvious, regularly went to the uni LGBT society, was now president of the uni LGBT society, and had its entire committee sitting chatting on his bedroom floor. Ah, student years were such fun.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #59  
mya

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls, bisexual girl from Brazil here.

gmailjunkie: I know what you mean! People can be so stupid sometimes. A while ago a few women who worked with me were chating and one of them mentioned that her niece was gay. She then said something like "we don't understand why, it's such a shame, she's so pretty". I overheard it and I was sooo mad! I didn't say anything because if I did things would get ugly!
The funny thing is that one of the reasons I want to lose weight is to be able to meet a nice girl and date her. I find it much easier to meet men then women who are interested in me. I end up dating men 80% of the time, but I'm equaly atracted to both.

Esofia: I think we are interested in 'what's between their legs' whenever it's romantic love, even though we like both genders. When we are not interested in that, it's friendship love or family love. That's the kind of love gay and straight people can have for any gender too.
I agree, philana's avatar is very, very hot. I can never decide which one is the hottest, her or Eric.
mya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #60  
I choose me...

Hee hee Philina's avatar caught my eye too lol

There was a post here about family, being gay and being overweight. For me my family has never been supportive, so when I came out big surprise they weren't supportive! LOL I've finally come to a place to do it for me and they can make up their own conclusions as to why I'm gay, or overweight, blah blah blah, just not worth my time and energy anymore.

ETA: But yeah people don't think I'm gay cause I'm "femme" it's like the stereotype is butch is what a lesbian is suppose to look like....I wish people would get over what they "think" they know and maybe go to Pride or something and see what it's really like!

Last edited by InsideMe; 07-18-2011 at 02:13 PM.