3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   I Feel Good! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/22685-i-feel-good.html)

mauvaisroux 12-10-2002 01:05 PM

I Feel Good!

Hi Chickies!

I have the song "I love Myself Today" by Bif Naked stuck in my head.

For some reason it makes me think of how people can sometimes really get down on themselves especially after I checked out a few other websites last night where people were just bashing themselves over their weight and there lives, relationships,etc.

So in a fit of positivity I have started this thread. I think it would be great if everyone posted something that they like about themselves as a person or something they do that makes them feel really good. IE: something physical, mental,
spiritual, a hobby, something nice you do for yourself or others....:)

Remember that within every woman is a goddess so treat yourself as one! :D

OI812 12-10-2002 01:15 PM

I've been feeling pretty good about myself the last couple of days too!
And I know that song by Bif Naked too!

Okay..something positive about me.....hmmmmm

I'm a great friend. Even though I don't have any really. Which maybe due to the fact that I'm trying to find someone that can give back to me what I would give to then.

I'd listen to you when you need to be heard, would be there for you whenever you needed me, good or bad, I'd be truthful and honest.

Wanttolosealot 12-10-2002 01:18 PM

Mauvais- What a great idea for a thread. I was at my friend Pam's house last evening. We were talking about life and love and all that wonderful exciting, scarey stuff. Anyway, I was still feeling overwhelmed with everything going on and she put on a beautiful CD that I just feel in love with. It is called Silence and there are dolphins on the front of the cover. It is classical music, beautiful. We were both so moved my it we started crying and talking more and I had one of the most relaxing and warm, loving caring evenings in a long long while. As much as I love my kids, sometimes I wish I could just run away for about a week. Sit on a warm beach somewheres, listen to the waves slapping against the shore, the birds singing, the sun beaming on my face and enjoying the peace and quiet.
And then in the evening, slip out of my clothes and into a nice hot bath, light some candles, have a nice glass of wine, put on some wonderful music and slip into another world.
Ahhh, dreams! Maybe someday- when the kids are grown and out of my house.
Virginia

tamibeep 12-10-2002 02:22 PM

What a cool idea for a thread!

My favorite pampering thing is to wake up late on Sunday morning and lounge around in bed for a while pondering my bellybutton. Then I eventually wander out into the kitchen and put on a pot of hazelnut coffee and some Ella Fitzgerald, and end up sitting out on the porch and poking at the paper and drinking coffee and playing with my cats. (Weather permitting. It isn't quite as much fun in the rain.) It's very peaceful and lovely and surrounded by trees, and there are all kinds of squirrels and chipmunks and birds in the woods to watch.

Basically, it's a whole lot of doing nothing while wearing pajamas. Which, in my opinion, makes anything better. :cloud9:

Lidian 12-10-2002 02:39 PM

Another wonderful thread, Mauvais!

I really like walking on the beach on a cool cloudy day, and then going for a nice latte and writing in my journal.

I also like having some tea and burning beautiful incense, which I am doing now as my eldest recuperates from a virus. She (and her sister) are excellent company.

Lidian

dentrassi 12-10-2002 04:02 PM

Good idea Mauvais!! I think a lot of us here under-rate ourselves. I am GRATEFUL (I know, wrong thread!!) that I am healthy enough now to think of things that I like about myself.

Something I like about myself....I listen to people, and even if I disagree, I am able to understand and consider different sides to an issue.

mauvaisroux 12-10-2002 07:41 PM

Things I like about myself:

I am smart person (most of the time :) )

I have a good sense of humour (sometimes warped:dizzy: )

I am a good friend

I feel more confident at this time in my life ever have

Something that makes me feel good:

Dancing, singing around the house while puttering about.

Something I do for myself:

When I am home alone I turn off the tv, turn on the answering machine, curl up with a book and a cup of tea and enjoy the silence :)

squeaker 12-10-2002 11:32 PM

Just wanted to let you know I have had that damn song stuck in my head all day Mauvais. :p I like it, but I only know 2 lines and they just keep repeating, and repeating, and repeating......

VelvetCyberpunk 12-11-2002 03:22 AM

This is a great thread! Ok, my turn-

Things I like about myself;
1- I'm very smart (In second grade I could read 10th grade level, and understand 7th grade level)

2- I'm sexy, not only to men, but women as well.

3- I'm exotic looking, this was a sore spot for me for many years, but I now appreciate my French/Native American looks with my British coloring.

4- I am good at understanding, relating to, and reading people. It helps me a lot in school, and in life in general.

5- I'm a really good writer, I think everyone should be proud of their talents, no matter how big or small.

6- I'm open-minded, and compassionate, I always try to understand what the other person is thinking, and why they do what they do.

8- I'm creative

9- I'm strong, I've endured a lot in my life (who hasn't) and still I am a pretty positive person.

10- I'm funny, I think humo(u)r is as important as oxygen!

11- I'm passionate, I am very opinionated, and when I love, I love hard!

12- I'm forgiving, it takes a lot for me to give up on a realtionship, but I'm not a chump and I do reach a breaking point.

13- I'm loyal, I'll stick by you no matter what.

14- I always try to be polite

15- And, last but not least (until I think of some other qualities) I am pretty damned cool for a writer geek! LOL!

I'll list what makes me happy in another reply.

Ruthxxx 12-11-2002 09:30 AM

Gee! I feel great just to still be alive and in reasonably good health at nearly 64.

This morning I feel good because my weight is the same, my BGL is a bit lower, DH got up before me and made coffee, I have on a new Christmas top and can go grocery shopping without worrying about money.

I agree with Mauvais - there are too many folks moaning and groaning about stuff like gaining a pound or disagreeing with someone.

As Auntie Mame said "Life's a banquet" and lots of poor suckers are starving to death! Enjoy already!

katrinabgood 12-11-2002 09:53 AM

great thread, Mauvais!

I like myself more at this age (45) than ever before in my life! I have learned to appreciate my good qualities and to work on improving the not-so-good ones!

Good qualities:
I can see humor in just about anything. I love to laugh. I am a good judge of people. I am a good mom...(GREAT, compared to some of the ones I've come across.) I love great conversation...not your run of the mill, weather/gossip/whiny stuff that most people spout. I am intelligent. I am honest. I have nice green eyes with long eyelashes. I have good hair. I have good taste. I am compassionate. I will NOT moan to co-workers about whatever ailment du jour, or recant to them, in excrutiating detail, the pitfalls of my day/week/life...as they do to me! ugh. I am reliable and trustworthy.

That took a long time! It IS hard to think of ourselves in positive terms, but when you take the time to do it, it feels real good.

Thanks, Mauvais!

katrinabgood 12-11-2002 10:04 AM

One more thing...the thing that makes me the happiest is just being with my hubby, daughter (16) and son(11)...just the four of us. Doesn't matter what we are doing, we usually always have fun. This Friday we are going to chop down our Christmas tree. We go to this place that has a Cider Mill next door. First, we look at just about every tree in the grove, loudly disagreeing with each other's choices. After we finally decide...usually because we are too cold at that point to care WHAT the tree looks like...we go and get cocoa or hot cider and cider doughnuts next door. Then we have someone take our picture in front of the cute little cottage for our annual Christmas pic! Life is good.

mauvaisroux 12-11-2002 10:28 AM

That sounds like fun Kat!

Another thing I like about myself is the fact that I have come to accept myself the way I am, physically, mentally , spiritually. I have ceased to care what other people think. I once tried to change myself to fit in and was totally miserable.
If people can't like me for who I am well then that is their loss-I like the person I have become:)

I also like my sense of adventure! Ruthxxx mentioned the movie "Auntie Mame", it is one of my fave movies and I own it on VHS. I like Mame's spirit and have tried to adopt some of her mental attitude. One of my other role models is Audrey Hepburn-she had style, class,and grace, she seemed to be a kind person who's inner beauty was reflected in her outward demeanor. No one had anything bad to say about her and even after she died there were no sordid tabloid stories or tell-all book which is something to be said for Hollywood.

ellis 12-11-2002 10:54 AM

Mauvais, you ARE Audrey Hepburn! :)

mauvaisroux 12-11-2002 11:59 AM

Thanks Ellis- :o