3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   where's the thread to tell you that I've finished my Christmas shopping? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/22648-wheres-thread-tell-you-ive-finished-my-christmas-shopping.html)

Lidian 12-22-2002 08:48 PM

Oh no Ellis, I thought you ate it too! Ewwww. Couldn't I just eat some yogurt instead? Or drink cranberry juice!

I would have yogurt all over the washroom you see, and then one or both DDs would come in and say WHAT are you DOING Mom? And I would have to say, in my most grownup voice, I'll explain when you are older dear!

When I say this my 6 yr old has been known to wait 5 minutes and say OK, I'm older now, can you tell me?

Not old enough, dearie!

flower 12-22-2002 08:54 PM

Actually my dr says to eat it, any flavor. Very funny! Guess you could try both. What harm could come of it???

dentrassi 12-22-2002 09:40 PM

Tell your daughter the kitty is hungry. GEEZ!! I can't believe I said that!!!
Well, we went to a solstice party earlier today. Actually had some FUN, and bought a tree on the way home. I am feeling a BIT better.

Sojourner 12-23-2002 01:56 AM

:o oh my gosh... the so-called treatment sounds almost as bad as the infection. Yuck, yuck, and double yuck. :p

ellis 12-23-2002 06:40 AM

Den, it's about time you got that tree! :lol:
Glad you're feeling a little better, hon. hugs...

Lidian, for goodness sakes... lock the door when you're in the bathroom!! :)

Speaking of locking the door... don't read this if you're eating your breakfast.
I went to Ikea yesterday with my sister. We had a RIOT!! Anyhow, when I got back, my sweet DH was being violently ill in the bathroom. I made him unlock the door in case he... I don't know. I just didn't feel capable of breaking the door in if I was to hear the sound of a large man thudding to the floor.
So I went in, and there was red stuff in the toilet!!! My god, I immediately thought, "He's got cancer. He's going to die." Turns out he'd been drinking tomato juice. :rolleyes:

So let's figure this out. My DH has stomach flu. The bad one. Tomorrow is Christmas eve. Not what are the chances of Ellis NOT having stomach flu on Christmas day? Pretty slim, huh? I can't believe it. I KNEW we should have deliberately come into contact with that bug LAST month!! curses.

It could be my imagination, but I feel a rumble in my stomach. curses.

Wanttolosealot 12-23-2002 08:27 AM

Oh No Ellis!!
I am so sorry both for you, and your hubby! I hope he does not get too sick with it. My bosses hubby had it so badly for over a week, he had to go to the hospital and have intervenise(sp)! He had it coming from both ends. Not a pretty sight I guess.
I will be thinking of you all and hoping for the best.
Virginia

ellis 12-23-2002 09:03 AM

Nooooooooooooo!! Are you serious, Virginia?! Oh lordy...

Thanks for the best wishes... obviously we may really need them. Oh lordy...
xoxo

Lidian 12-23-2002 10:23 AM

Oh Ellis, so sorry to hear about your DH - hope he is better and that none of the rest of you get it. What a time to be sick! My eldest is sitting here coughing a little but seems like a regular old cold to me so we'll just sit her in front of a movie with a cold drink.

And Ellis, our washroom door doesn't lock!:) If it did, I would. Anyway, I get less company in there now that the girls are older and understand the concept of privacy!

Den, my goodness! I don't know that I could quite say that, anyhow the kids would think I meant our kittycats, tee hee!:lol:

Oh I can't wait to go back to the grocery store and stand in a line again! But that will be the last shopping I have to do for Christmas. DH is still hunting down presents - last minute panic, yet another family tradition!

Lidian

squeaker 12-23-2002 10:47 AM

Ellis - I hope your DH feels better soon!!! And that you don't get sick.

ellis 12-23-2002 10:56 AM

Thanks Lidian and Squeak! :)

DH is comfortably esconced in bed with a bottle of ginger ale. I'm going out with DD to pick up the shawarma ingredients.

My stomach is a little churny, but I haven't had breakfast yet... what to do, what to do...
I can just see myself walking down Somerset Street and throwing up in the snow. My daughter will NOT be happy! :lol:

Lidian 12-23-2002 11:01 AM

Poor Ellis! It's a shame that you have to go out at all feeling sick. Peppermint tea sometimes helps when my stomach feels unhappy - or ginger tea with honey.

When you get home I hope you can take it easy...Maybe DD could bring you some ginger ale too!

Take good care of yourself - wish I could come do that shopping for you!

Lidian

dentrassi 12-23-2002 11:15 AM

Ellis-I am so sorry that your hubby is sick, and I HOPE the rest of you miraculously escape it. i have heard it is pretty nasty. Hopefully your tummy rumbles are sympathy pains and not something worse. WHAT A BUMMER!!

Lidian-I know! That is the beauty of small children, they always take the innocent interpretation. If i said that HERE (and I WOULDN'T!) my two teenage boys would be horrified and probably never speak to me again!!!

Squeak-How are YOU sweetie? Let us know what is going on with you. I hope everything is a little less stressful for you.

Virginia, Sojo, Terri, Flower, and everyone else who i have missed- HI!! Hope you are all doing okay!!

Sojourner 12-23-2002 12:59 PM

Ellis...

Don't worry... it was probably just a touch of food poisoning, right? If you haven't gotten it yet then it was probably something he ate without you.

Praying you will be healthy and happy this holiday season!

ellis 12-23-2002 06:29 PM

Thank you Den and Sojo. You're all very sweet. I hestitate to say this (knock on wood), but so far so good. I think my rumbling stomach was hunger. How peculiar. :D

DH is up. He's feeling a little better, so hopefully this won't be long-lasting. He's in his jammies, though. I think that seeing your spouse sick can pretty much finish off a relationship. ;)

Got my shopping done. I have spend WAY too much money this year. It's sickening. I just spent another cool 100 bucks for a quick grocery drop at the corner. I forgot about desserts... I bought a wicked chocolate fudge cake, a pecan pie and a pumpkin pie for Christmas day. And a Caramilk chocolate cake for DH's birthday. I'm damned if I'm baking.
BUT... I was just thinking (having spent all this money) that if I finish my kitchen renovations this year, I'll be able to actually ENJOY cooking and baking next Christmas. Okay, maybe not ENJOY, but you know what I mean... :D

Those of you who know me will doubt my honesty, but I just cleaned my stove and oven.

dentrassi 12-23-2002 09:30 PM

TOO FUNNY!! I just cleaned the the stove top!!!