Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 02:39 PM   #91  
a brave new me...

Smile Two Towers

I have seen Lord of the Rings: Two Towers twice now during the last week. It is even better than the first and will absolutely blow you away.

Did Nemesis really suck?? This is very disappointing... I was really looking forward to seeing it.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:15 PM   #92  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yes, Nemesis was awful! I was really disappointed in the film and I love Star Trek. I would say it would be better to wait and rent it from your local video store. It had some good scenes but overall -
Old 12-30-2002, 04:42 PM   #93  
Searching

As a huge Star Trek fan Nemesis was awful. It was a shameful, poorly scripted, written to tug at my heart strings, with no substance. The only question it seemed to pose: If you met yourself when you were younger would you be able to kick your own booty? The answer is absolutely yes, in any psychological, force of wills between myself and a younger, stupider Chris the 30 yr. old version would win, hence no Nemesis at all. Killing Data just a low shot, putting an inferior model with a full "Data" transfer in it, a rip off.

My Venom reeks,
Miss Chris
Old 12-30-2002, 05:06 PM   #94  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ro- the icing on the cake for me was the "Superdata" flying through space My very loud and spontaneous comment of "Oh come on!!!" made me afraid to leave the theatre lest some Trekkies were waiting to beat me up outside in the parking lot though I am sure I could have taken them I have been to a few conventions you know and had to verbally kick a Klingon's butt when he mouthed off at me
Old 12-30-2002, 08:48 PM   #95  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Thanks for the warning!! We're all Star Trek fans here too, but at $6.00 (matinee yet!!) times four we'll wait until the video comes out. Can't afford to spend money like that regularly, but ESPECIALLY not on stinkers!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 08:52 PM   #96  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I rented 13 Conversations About One Thing - that was good, but you have to pay attention.

Today I saw Far From Heaven - that was very good.
Old 01-02-2003, 03:25 PM   #97  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I just watched "We Were Soldiers". It was an incredible, but very hard to watch movie. Very graphic, very bloody, but that is war. I liked the scenes of the wives at home.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:19 PM   #98  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Yes Squeak, We were Soldiers was a very good movie. Ver gruesome, but very good. Needed to be graffic to get the point across I think. War is not pretty! It is very very ugly. Imagine how the wives must have really felt when they seen telegrams being delivered to their friends or worse than that, being delivered to them. A very frightening thought with the war going on now. I am sure we all have friends or friends of friends who have someone who is off fighting for our freedom, very scarey to think they may not be there tomorrow, but coming home in a body bag.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:53 AM   #99  
Searching

I don't know if I already said Donnie Darko,but every time I watch it I get something new. It's a mad world!

Miss Chris
Old 01-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #100  

"Coming Home" on video. movie came out in 1978. watched it tonight - hadn't seen it in years.....

Stars Jon Voight, Jane Fonda, Bruce Dern

Movie focuses on the loss of innocence that occurs during wartime - in this case, Vietnam
I don't know, maybe you have to be a person of a certain age to appreciate it - but it washes over me on many levels.

Terri
Old 01-09-2003, 09:49 AM   #101  
Searching

Primal Fear

Ed Norton's performance is a suprise up to the very end. This twisted tale of deception and injustice steals from the Shakespearan ideal in such a great way! I love leaving Richard Gere in the end with only irony and as the corrupted hero.

Miss Chris
Closed Thread