3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Movies That Make You Think (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/22611-movies-make-you-think.html)

Sojourner 12-30-2002 02:39 PM

Two Towers

I have seen Lord of the Rings: Two Towers twice now during the last week. It is even better than the first and will absolutely blow you away.

Did Nemesis really suck?? :?: :mad: This is very disappointing... I was really looking forward to seeing it.

mauvaisroux 12-30-2002 03:15 PM

Yes, Nemesis was awful! I was really disappointed in the film and I love Star Trek. I would say it would be better to wait and rent it from your local video store. It had some good scenes but overall - :p

rochemist 12-30-2002 04:42 PM

As a huge Star Trek fan Nemesis was awful. It was a shameful, poorly scripted, written to tug at my heart strings, with no substance. The only question it seemed to pose: If you met yourself when you were younger would you be able to kick your own booty? The answer is absolutely yes, in any psychological, force of wills between myself and a younger, stupider Chris the 30 yr. old version would win, hence no Nemesis at all. Killing Data just a low shot, putting an inferior model with a full "Data" transfer in it, a rip off.

My Venom reeks,
Miss Chris

mauvaisroux 12-30-2002 05:06 PM

Ro- the icing on the cake for me was the "Superdata" flying through space :rolleyes: My very loud and spontaneous comment of "Oh come on!!!" made me afraid to leave the theatre lest some Trekkies were waiting to beat me up outside in the parking lot :lol: though I am sure I could have taken them ;) I have been to a few conventions you know :D and had to verbally kick a Klingon's butt when he mouthed off at me :lol:

dentrassi 12-30-2002 08:48 PM

Thanks for the warning!! We're all Star Trek fans here too, but at $6.00 (matinee yet!!) times four we'll wait until the video comes out. Can't afford to spend money like that regularly, but ESPECIALLY not on stinkers!!!

squeaker 12-30-2002 08:52 PM

I rented 13 Conversations About One Thing - that was good, but you have to pay attention.

Today I saw Far From Heaven - that was very good.

squeaker 01-02-2003 03:25 PM

I just watched "We Were Soldiers". It was an incredible, but very hard to watch movie. Very graphic, very bloody, but that is war. I liked the scenes of the wives at home.

Wanttolosealot 01-02-2003 04:19 PM

Yes Squeak, We were Soldiers was a very good movie. Ver gruesome, but very good. Needed to be graffic to get the point across I think. War is not pretty! It is very very ugly. Imagine how the wives must have really felt when they seen telegrams being delivered to their friends or worse than that, being delivered to them. A very frightening thought with the war going on now. I am sure we all have friends or friends of friends who have someone who is off fighting for our freedom, very scarey to think they may not be there tomorrow, but coming home in a body bag.

rochemist 01-03-2003 02:53 AM

I don't know if I already said Donnie Darko,but every time I watch it I get something new. It's a mad world!

Miss Chris

barefootgrrrl 01-08-2003 08:58 PM

"Coming Home" on video. movie came out in 1978. watched it tonight - hadn't seen it in years.....

Stars Jon Voight, Jane Fonda, Bruce Dern

Movie focuses on the loss of innocence that occurs during wartime - in this case, Vietnam
I don't know, maybe you have to be a person of a certain age to appreciate it - but it washes over me on many levels.

Terri

rochemist 01-09-2003 09:49 AM

Primal Fear

Ed Norton's performance is a suprise up to the very end. This twisted tale of deception and injustice steals from the Shakespearan ideal in such a great way! I love leaving Richard Gere in the end with only irony and as the corrupted hero.

Miss Chris