Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 08:49 PM   #46  

oh Lidian......you bring back so many memories! thank you!

yes ! I know that video, my husband always wishes he looked like Barry Gibb! (all that hair!) I lost my virginity during a drive in showing of Saturday Night Fever - is that too much info? he he

Not that I haven't been divulging too much already!

oh your computer story is too funny! My daughter doesn't believe me when I tell her there was a time when we could only watch cartoons on Saturday mornings - or you had to wait for the Wizard of Oz to come on TV once a year - either that or you missed it for a whole nother year!

OB tampons used to drive me crazy! I need an applicator! LOL

Terri - my mom says in her younger days - they were all called Kotex - that's it!
Old 12-11-2002, 10:05 PM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

NOT AT ALL, Terri! Some of the pads were called Modess. They were discretely wrapped in plain brown paper. I used to be so mortified when I had to go to the local drugstore and the 16 year old son was there. Usually I went home and faked it! I bet you never thought you'd be on the internet with a chick who knows how to make sanitary napkins!
THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL does "Traditional Crafts of the late 1950's"
Old 12-11-2002, 11:22 PM   #48  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I remember one time in college when the smug clerk asked me if I wanted a bag. (Try to embarrass ME will ya?!) I said, "No thanks, I'll eat them here." The look on his face was priceless!!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 02:50 AM   #49  
the kid's counting on me!

Memories, light the corners of my mind...misty water color memories...
of the way we were.....la la la la la la

well you can tell by the way I use my walk I'm a woman's man, no time to talk...

and so on and so on and so on...
got my period yesterday,
finally,
now I can be normal again!
soozie
Old 12-12-2002, 06:04 AM   #50  

Oh y'all do make me laugh so much!

Now I remember Modess too vaguely on the shelf - but they looked like hospital supplies!

Oh yes the embarrassment of it all. I used to pick up a box then only go to the checkout aisle where there was a female cashier!

If there was no female cashier on duty at that time, I would leave and come back - gee!

Yes, my mom did say something about my grandmother making her own....we have come so far in some ways haven't we?

Terri
Closed Thread