Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 09:03 AM   #61  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Wow, Velvet I can really see the resemblance and I agree with Ellis, you are much prettier than she.
Virginia
Old 12-07-2002, 11:48 AM   #62  
the kid's counting on me!

I just posted a mesage in Velvet's photo page saying the same thing...I think you look alot like her only you're prettier!
So, your her older, chubbier, prettier sister.
She'll have to live with that...and as a younger sister...I have one older and two younger...well two older and two younger but one is a half...It isn't always easier living up the the older sister so please be easy on Christina.

I agree with Mauvais on her overrated list. Though I like julia roberts as an actress, I just don't find her attractive at all.

And I don't like Gyneth Paltrow either...she seems to have this phoniness about her...she reminds me of girls that I went to high school with. I know that her father is Jewish and she looks like this totally anglo-blondy-skinny thing.
Maybe those are her real looks but part of me thinks she is obsessed with looking Norwegian when she really is Eastern European peasant stock Jewish. But, I don't know who her mother is...maybe she does have true Nordic roots. It just reminds me of some Jewish people that try to look WASPy and get their pictures taken at Christmas in front of the fireplace for their holiday cards and change their names from Julius Rothenberg to J.R. Ross. So, people won't know their ethnicity...uh oh, I'm getting very preachy and verbose...sorry girls... I welcome your feedback on this.

I think Paul McCartney is a hunk-o-matic. Two years or so ago my sister was in New York city with her daughter's school right around Christmas time to go on a class trip to see the sights and the decorations etc. While they were getting off of the bus onto a shoulder to shoulder crowded New York sidewalk, Paul McCartney walked right past my sister and one of the other Moms. The other Mom gasped and put her hand on his arm...just standing there holding onto him and speechless...my sister was just observing this...he looked at the woman and put his hand on her hand and said..."be calm, there are children here and we wouldn't want anything to happen" and he smiled and just walked on by. My sister loved that brush with fame and he had such a regal presense that he could just soothe this crazed fan and remind her not to freak and cause a riot with a few words...gotta love that man and don't get me started on the music of lennon and mccartney okay....
Love, Soozie
Old 12-07-2002, 02:08 PM   #63  
Velvet Goddess

S/C/G: 297/250/126

Height: 5'6"

LOL! Ellis! You are too funny! Thank you! You always make me smile. No you didn't hurt my feelings, I can deal with your brutal opinion of me. My mom said I'm prettier too, but of course there is absolutely no bias there. My best friend said I look more like a combo of Christina and Angelina Jolie, which I like a lot better, because that means I look like me, and not just a sad rip off of some little Hollywood star.

Virgina, and Soozie, thank you, you are both so sweet! You all make me feel good here. It took me a long time to appreciate my looks, but I really do like the way I look.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! (You get forgetful when your head expands due to praise), I think Wayne Brady from Who's Line is It Anyway? is so sexy! He's got a great ***, so round firm! Oh yeah, if he weren't married!

Last edited by VelvetCyberpunk; 12-07-2002 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:17 AM   #64  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Gwyneth Paltrow's mom is the actress Blythe Danner (I think she is English). I don't find her attractive because she is so bony, she looks washed out all the time and looks kind of whiny and has a little girl voice, she doesn't dress well either.

My theory is that somewhere in Hollywood there is a school for whiny blond actresses. The all seem to look the same.

Former graduates: Sissy Spacek, Sondra Locke, Jodie Foster (although she has been looking pretty good lately), etc.

Velvet- Christina Ricci does looks like she could be your younger sister!

I used to have people tell me I looked like Gillian Anderson. Now I get Julianne Moore, and last night I was told by someone that I reminded her of Nicole Kidman....yeah, if only I was that tall and slim (and rich too, then again I would be divorced and that would suck!)

Also on my sexy list:

Antonio Banderas-He was so sexy in Desperado and the 13th Warrior

Dennis Leary (funny, cute in an odd way, a bad boy, roguish charm, looks hot in a leather jacket)
and there is something kind of cute about John Leguizamo too.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:06 AM   #65  

Height: 5'-2"

I think Sissy Spacek is cool. And Helena Bonham Carter. Because they don't give a damn what other people think. They just wear whatever the **** they want. They're non-conformists, and I like that.

Mauvais, you are much more attractive than Nicole Kidman!
Old 12-08-2002, 09:11 AM   #66  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I like Sissy Spacek too. And Jodie Foster too!! Brilliant woman. Not just another blonde face.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:15 AM   #67  

Height: 5'-2"

Exactly!
AND?! What about Helena? Have you seen Margaret's Museum?
Old 12-08-2002, 01:42 PM   #68  

Whenever I see Blythe Danner I always think of Grace Kelly...I think they both grew up on Philly's Main Line and sort of have that look?

Who was it that mentioned Sam Elliott? That guy's voice alone can give me a big O. Whenever I see the beef commercial - you know " Beef....it's what's for dinner whatever" I always think "Sam, I'd certainly like you over for dinner"

And ditto on the Renee Zellwegger deal. That woman looked much better with her Bridget Jones look

Terri
Old 12-08-2002, 03:00 PM   #69  

Can I mention someone else? Lara Flynn Boyle the actress?

Is it me or does that woman look like she would just blow over in a stiff breeze?

Isn't that as unhealthy as being too overweight ?

Terri - really not throwing stones, just thinking out loud about the far ends of a normal healthy weight
Old 12-08-2002, 05:51 PM   #70  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YES ELLIS!!! I like Helena Bonham Carter too, but haven't seen that movie.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:15 PM   #71  
Velvet Goddess

I agree that Lara Flynn Boyle is too thin, but you really have to admire her. She is having a good time with her fame, and she really likes herself. I think it's great when you are that comfortable with who you are, and I wish I could be more like that.

Soozie, I didn't know Bruce Paltrow was Jewish. Hmmmm, yeah I love Jewish guys, so intense and sexy!But so many Jewish guys go for the skinny little blonde shiksa (Sp?) LOL!
Old 12-08-2002, 09:19 PM   #72  
Velvet Goddess

Oh yeah! I love Helena Bonham Carter! She has such a unique look, and so beautiful. Isn't her mother Greek? Very exotic looking.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:07 PM   #73  
the kid's counting on me!

Yeah, I think that I read somewhere that there were alot of Rabbi's in the Paltrow clan. I'm with you Mauvais. She just had that whiny big baby fragile talking little girl talk that turns me off. Also, the woman who's mom was in The Birds, Melanie Griffith? She always talks baby talk and it is so annoying.

Lara Flynn Boyle was much more attractive when she was heavier when she was Laura in that weird tv show.

I find Wayne Brady really attractive too...I was thinking of him but couldn't remember his name either! and Greg and Cindy and Marsha Brady too...just kidding! Serious about Wayne though...
Later chickies!
Love ,Soozie
Old 12-09-2002, 12:21 AM   #74  
Velvet Goddess

Oooh! I think Lisa Marie Presley is so gorgeous! I love her smokey eyes, a female Elvis, definately.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:39 AM   #75  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Rutger Hauer
Closed Thread