3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   What Was The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/223305-what-straw-broke-camels-back.html)

Gonna Get There Soon 05-29-2013 05:09 PM

196lbs. That's what broke it. I couldn't even look at my thighs anymore without feeling suicidal.

Andrea85 06-01-2013 11:47 AM

Honestly? Dyeing my hair!!

I was a blonde my whole life. I finally decided to go dark, and I LOVED it!!

I like to contrast when I dress. With my blonde hair, I tended to go for dark tops. When I had dark hair, I started to try on lots of colored tops, only to find that not a single one looked good :(

For me...somehow, that was it. The realization that I couldn't feel comfortable in a single top except a black one motivated me. I just started to watch what I ate, worked out 5 days a week, and stopped drinking alcohol. That led me to loose 30 lbs in 6 months :)

ArtThistle 06-27-2013 01:56 AM

For me, it was my best friend mentioning that he thought a waitress at a restaurant was pretty, because she was skinny. I've struggled with my weight, and depression, for a long time. He and I are so close because we have a lot of similar issues. He's 6ft tall, and weighs 130lbs but can't gain weight. I'm 5'6", 158 (down from 165), and, until I started my Slim Fast diet, couldn't stop gaining weight.
As the only girl in my group of friends, I tend to have quite a bit of pride about my appearance. And before that, no one had said anything about skinny girls being more attractive. Everyone had always said I looked great.
His opinion matters to me a lot. He's the person I trust most, besides my boyfriend (who has always thought I looked great regardless of my weight).

Turtle11 06-27-2013 03:42 PM

I broke a wooden chair, yes the boards had been rotten, but still I sat in it and broke it. Everyone was kidding and joking around about it, and I joked back, but man it hurt inside. That was Memorial Day (May 27th) and I joined WW May 30th, and have since lost 8 lbs.

pumpkinheads 06-27-2013 04:38 PM

I always wear skirts and dresses...it's my thing, and my husband loves this about me. After a long winter of cool weather and leggings to keep my bare legs warm, I'm faced with the heat of southern california summers. Over the last few months I've felt my bras getting tighter...I know the elastic on my underwear is more taut than usual...but I was not prepared for the bare thigh rub of summer 2013. It's painful. And I've got to do something about this. Some of my girlfriends refer to the chaffing as "crotch rot." It's the pits :/ I also feel myself walking differently, like my gait is compromised by the size of my thighs to afford more room so they don't rub together. I can't change my natural walk to make room for fatter thighs!!!

Wannabehealthy 06-30-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkinheads (Post 4781028)
I always wear skirts and dresses...it's my thing, and my husband loves this about me. After a long winter of cool weather and leggings to keep my bare legs warm, I'm faced with the heat of southern california summers. Over the last few months I've felt my bras getting tighter...I know the elastic on my underwear is more taut than usual...but I was not prepared for the bare thigh rub of summer 2013. It's painful. And I've got to do something about this. Some of my girlfriends refer to the chaffing as "crotch rot." It's the pits :/ I also feel myself walking differently, like my gait is compromised by the size of my thighs to afford more room so they don't rub together. I can't change my natural walk to make room for fatter thighs!!!

I'm thinking you could wear pettipants under your dresses and skirts. They would keep your thighs from rubbing together.

LSJ100 08-02-2013 11:44 PM

I had been feeling "ready" to have a baby and was waiting for my husband to join me in that perspective, and he finally got there only for me to realize that I was so heavy that I'd be putting myself and the baby at risk. I can't believe I let it get to this point...however, I'm not "dieting," because I fail at that repeatedly. I'm doing Weight Watchers and eating whole foods, trying to stay away from processed stuff, and amping up the exercise...

SarahLouise92 08-08-2013 09:55 AM

When I was in Fiji for medical reasons I couldn't go into the water, I needed a piggy back ride from this massively muscled Fijian chap who huffed and puffed his was to the shore. I was so humiliated (and worrying about his back the whole time!)

AngieRR1022 08-15-2013 09:48 PM

Mine was that my daughter was recently given a Nintendo DSi as a gift. She discovered the camera and loves taking pictures of mommy. I started seeing pictures of me. Like real pictures, the way other people see me. Not the flattering selfies that we all take of ourselves. And WOW. Talk about an eye opener.

blackaurora9 08-20-2013 09:37 PM

Melonlefey 08-22-2013 09:23 PM

When I graduated I got a photo album of all these pictures of me through the years, and I remember seeing a picture of my middle school self and being amazed at how skinny I was! In middle school I was so convinced I was fat that I think it became a self fulfilling prophecy, and it made me SO ANGRY to realize that I WASN'T fat then, but I'd let that ruin my self confidence all through high school!

At that point I pretty much decided that I'd missed my chance in high school but there was NO WAY IN **** I was going to make those mistakes in college.

Mori M 08-24-2013 11:22 PM

Not being able to wear what I want because of my weight. It's hard enough finding decent plus size clothing as it is, but being in a goth/punk aesthetic is nearly impossible. Plus, any choices there is breaks my bank. I just want to be able to walk in a store, find something that is in my price range, buy it, and wear it without thinking "Oh crap, you can see my stomach rolls" or "this doesn't fit over my chest".

versace 08-25-2013 12:42 PM

Probably a few things altogether, but the thing that finally pushed me to say that's it, I am so done with this, was I realized I was sick of hiding in crummy, baggy clothes. I seriously lived in hoodies. Cold weather, okay weather, blisteringly hot 100+ degree weather, I was in a hoodie. I'd just suffered through another summer, and a very warm October, where I had another Halloween I didn't feel comfortable enough to dress up for, and that was it.

And then the thing that 10000% cemented it immediately after I said enough, was I stepped on a scale, first time in years, and it said 222 lbs. If my conviction before hadn't been enough, then that definitely made up for it.

Jessicarabbit 09-04-2013 07:28 PM

Well for me most of my tries were the last straw. I was sick and tired of not being able to wear the clothes I wanted because of my touching thighs or my abdomen. This time around has been actually the longest I've been serious about it. It took seeing some Christmas pictures from a trip I had made with my girlfriend... it saddened me to see the picture and not even recognizing myself and thinking, this doesn't even look like a 25 year old... So after the guilt and shame.. I decided to go to a nutritionist and exercise. Before that, I thought I didn't need the help of an expert in the area. It's been slow but definitely worth it.

MintyBadger 09-11-2013 06:24 PM

There was a slow build for me. Firstly I broke up with my boyfriend and suddenly realised that I didn't actually like my body, I had based any body confidence on him.

Secondly after spending the summer at home with my mothers cooking I jumped on the scales for the first time in years and found out I'm about 3 stone heavier than I believed.

No more denial from here...