Share Your Tattoos!

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • I just closed it because the thread was getting so long - LOL! I figured someone would start a new one.

Nice tats everyone!
  • My latest...

My favorite...

My oldest (and if I had it to do over again, the ones I wouldn't get)

My most sentimental...

(Sorry if they're huge, I don't know how to thumbnail here)
  • I don't think I can post pics yet, but mine are some weaving plants and flowers wrapped around some mythic creatures, in a gauntlet wrist to elbow. I'm getting a matching one on the other arm too, can't wait.

The one I really want though is a full back piece of a dragon clutching a banner that would descend down my butt and thigh. But... I'm definitely not doing that until the flab is gone. Mr menace dragon would be not so menacing peeking out from back fat. :P
  • I'd love to share my ink!

The flowers are on my left foot (in memory of my grandfather). The other design is on my right foot. I LOVE my ink so much!

• OK this is my first and I'm copying this post from the maintainers forum because I'm pretty freaking excited about it

OK, so I waited a bit past 3 years. BUT this (which is from the musical Wicked) really represents my philosophy about weight loss and maintenance. Despite being 295 lbs, having PCOS, and my body periodically breaking, I have kept this weight off. Despite being the girl who had to struggle to walk the required mile in high school, I run 5Ks now in just about 30 minutes. And this year, I will do a pull-up.

The tattoo is on my right upper rib cage area - on my side, essentially where the band of a bra would go. It's not going to be visible to almost anyone unless I'm naked, which is OK, because it's really just a reminder for me.

Lyrics from the actual song:

Something has changed within me
    Something is not the same
    I'm through with playing by the rules
    Of someone else's game
    Too late for second-guessing
    Too late to go back to sleep
    It's time to trust my instincts
    Close my eyes: and leap!

It's time to try
    Defying gravity
    I think I'll try
    Defying gravity
    And you can't pull me down!

I'm through accepting limits
    ''cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But till I try, I'll never know!
    Too long I've been afraid of
    Losing love I guess I've lost
    Well, if that's love
    It comes at much too high a cost!
    I'd sooner buy
    Defying gravity
    Kiss me goodbye
    I'm defying gravity
    And you can't pull me down.

So if you care to find me
    Look to the western sky!
    As someone told me lately:
    "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"
    And if I'm flying solo
    At least I'm flying free
    To those who'd ground me
    Take a message back from me
    Tell them how I am
    Defying gravity
    I'm flying high
    Defying gravity
    And soon I'll match them in renown
    And nobody in all of Oz
    No Wizard that there is or was
    Is ever gonna bring me down!

OK, so I waited a bit past 3 years. BUT this (which is from the musical Wicked) really represents my philosophy about weight loss and maintenance. Despite being 295 lbs, having PCOS, and my body periodically breaking, I have kept this weight off. Despite being the girl who had to struggle to walk the required mile in high school, I run 5Ks now in just about 30 minutes. And this year, I will do a pull-up.

The tattoo is on my right upper rib cage area - on my side, essentially where the band of a bra would go. It's not going to be visible to almost anyone unless I'm naked, which is OK, because it's really just a reminder for me.

Lyrics from the actual song:

Something has changed within me
    Something is not the same
    I'm through with playing by the rules
    Of someone else's game
    Too late for second-guessing
    Too late to go back to sleep
    It's time to trust my instincts
    Close my eyes: and leap!

It's time to try
    Defying gravity
    I think I'll try
    Defying gravity
    And you can't pull me down!

I'm through accepting limits
    ''cause someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But till I try, I'll never know!
    Too long I've been afraid of
    Losing love I guess I've lost
    Well, if that's love
    It comes at much too high a cost!
    I'd sooner buy
    Defying gravity
    Kiss me goodbye
    I'm defying gravity
    And you can't pull me down.

So if you care to find me
    Look to the western sky!
    As someone told me lately:
    "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"
    And if I'm flying solo
    At least I'm flying free
    To those who'd ground me
    Take a message back from me
    Tell them how I am
    Defying gravity
    I'm flying high
    Defying gravity
    And soon I'll match them in renown
    And nobody in all of Oz
    No Wizard that there is or was
    Is ever gonna bring me down!
  • Love the ink mandalinn! Love that production and most particularly, that song. Good spot for it too! If I was going to ink myself with that one, it woul be on the bra line...to remind the girls that they're gonna need to work with me on that one.
  • LOL. Someone else made that comment. I never even thought about that...mine are so small, I'm not sure they're even SUBJECT to gravity, much less need to defy it.
  • Lucky you! Mine are defying my desire for them to defy gravity!
  • I have about 10 total, but this is the one I'm currently working on. All of the black and grey is an old terrible tattoo that I'm having fixed

• NIce tattoos guys!
  • Wow, all of these tats are goregeous! I'll post some of mine in the near future, they're SO addictive.
    Tattoodles, I lovelovelove that back piece, the shading is amazing. How many sittings did you do for that?
  • Ohhh, I love tattoos! I only have two so far, but at least five more planned! Hoping to get another in May.

The first picture shows both of them -- I have a star on my left ankle -- and the second is my newest, almost a year old, which is a sketch by my favourite artist Vincent van Gogh.

• Boo I can't post my pics yet since I only have 3 posts
  • sorry about my heart rate monitor sort of blocking the view but;; Here's my clef heart on my left wrist .. Im gonna reward myself with another one once I get to my goal ... a quote from Metallica ..