Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 10:20 AM   #46  

Height: 5'-2"

oooooooh, yeah, Tami! Thank you.
Listen, I wish people would TELL me when they see a hair on my face! I check regularly for the ones I'm familiar with, but occasionally I'll find a new one... and it'll be about an inch long!!! Scary to think how many people have seen in.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:11 PM   #47  

Yeah, I always get a big red zit just before important social occasions (the chin hairs are always there, but I trim them back every once in awhile before I have to start braiding them or creating a dreadlock )...white toothpaste is good for zits, by the way.

Moe and Larry, huh, Tami? I love that! Course, I've also got Curly and the Marx Brothers!

Ellis, no one tells me either, and then I come home and shriek at the mirror (and whoever else is around). Soon I will be hanging out a window having hot flashes, just like my mother did (I was a cruel 15 and I laughed at her, so cosmic justice decrees that I will have my hot flashes in the middle of July when the A/C breaks down).

I also have some wiry grey hairs at the front of my hair - not a cool silver streak, just big ole grey wiry things. Not that you really wanted to know! Love that crazy perimenopause!

Lidian
Old 12-20-2002, 12:29 PM   #48  

I've got a couple of those grey hairs, too. I'm hoping that ALL my grey will be like that. More body!
Hot flashes... I've been getting occasional night sweats for several months now. They're HORRIBLE!! I'll wake up in the middle of the night absolutely drenched! I'll have to get up and change and put something down on the wet sheet. yuck.

Toothpaste, huh? Must try it. Any particular brand? Is gel okay?
Old 12-20-2002, 01:54 PM   #49  

Any white toothpaste is good, Ellis. I tried this a couple of weeks ago and it really did seem to help. Not the gel though - the white stuff sort of dries and fades into the skin, but I am trying to imagine striped gel on a zit - it wouldn't go with any of my outfits, dahling! (maybe a striped T shirt though!)

Last day of school before winter break. This is a good thing. My youngest DD is tired and weepy (she will perk up at home I think) & all the kids were yelling at the top of their lungs before they went back in for the afternoon (my ears are still ringing)...I am planning on lying in bed for as long as I can tomorrow before the final bout of Christmas shopping!

I have had one Hershey's kiss (well, it helped my ears cool off after all those yelling kids! ) but I WILL NOT have any more. I wish the thin members of the family would finish them already!

Lidian
Old 12-20-2002, 03:34 PM   #50  

Yeah, that toothpaste thing does work, especially if you put it on right before you go to bed. It sucks all the nasty out of the zit, somehow.

And you wake up with a minty fresh face, too!
Old 12-20-2002, 03:45 PM   #51  

oooo la la! What would happen if I put it on a zit on my breast?

By the way... Tami... I screwed up again today. Started out with good intentions, but had the popcorn, 2 granola bars, and broke into someone's Christmas basket and ate 8 chocolates...
curses.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:08 PM   #52  

Dear ellis,

Do not fret over consumed treats. Tomorrow is another day, and you'll do better. But don't beat yourself up over it... just keep on trying!

I'm rooting for you!

tami

PS: Minty fresh bosoms! That's what every gal needs!
Old 12-20-2002, 08:34 PM   #53  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WOW!! I need to buy new toothpaste!! I am getting TONS of zits just in time to look jolly for Christmas!! PLUS, my hubby hasn't been paying enough attention to my breasts lately......although he liked the idea of me drizzling chocolate all over myself!!!
Old 12-20-2002, 08:54 PM   #54  

Ellis, never mind the granola bars and their evil sugary pals - tomorrow is another day! I have been lurking around the stuff my kids brought home from their school parties, hoping to find that bits of chocolate had somehow fallen off a cookie or doughnut (then they come in and see me standing there like an idiot hunched over their stuff )

Gee Den, if I tried to drizzle chocolate on myself I would drizzle it on my fingers and eat it all myself!

Tami, minty fresh is good - chocolate mint is better! My younger DD by the way HATES mint and if I have just brushed my teeth she says EEEWWWW, MINT! in a horrified voice. You can imagine how pleased she is when I am treating my gorgeous zitty face to a toothpaste mask!

Lidian
Old 12-21-2002, 09:06 AM   #55  

"I promise, to do my best, to..."
Is that a Brownie promise thingy? It just came to mind, but I can't remember the rest of it.

I am going to have a good day, eating wise! My six year old gave me a good idea last night. He said, "If I slept for four days and then woke up, would it be Christmas?"
Isn't that a great idea!! Pass me some valium. Sleeping gas. Whatever...

Two new zits today... in my eyebrows. Great. All I need now is one on the end of my nose.
Occasionally in the past I've had a big one on my chin. One of those big deep ones. Which has always sort of excited me, because I don't have much of a chin, and the zit makes me look curvy.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:30 PM   #56  
a brave new me...

Angry Brownies...

Do you mean:

"On my honor...
I will try...
to serve God...
my country...
mankind...
and to live by the Girl Scout law."

Yes I was a Brownie and even a Girl Scout in grade school. Wow I can't believe I remember that. I wonder what the "Girl Scout law" was...

Last edited by Sojourner; 12-21-2002 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:45 PM   #57  

I promise to do my best
to do my duty to God and my country,
To help those at home every day,
and to obey the Brownie Law.

So what the heck is "the Brownie Law"? The above? Isn't that a given? How many times do you have to promise?
I always wore a pair of shorts under my brownie skirt. I was a tomboy. You can't run in a damned short brown skirt.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:58 PM   #58  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

The "Brownie Law" refers to the pledge you make to eat all the brownies that are in existence at any particular time. You have to keep on taking the pledge because people are ALWAYS baking new brownies!!!!
Old 12-21-2002, 06:58 PM   #59  

Oh yeah, I remember the Brownie years with the really short skirt and the sludge-brown knee socks falling down, and the little beanie on the head...I dropped out after 2 Junior girl scout meetings - couldn't take the excitement I guess! I had a little Brownie girl scout doll too - whereabouts now unknown.

I can't remember what we did at those meetings but I remember "flying up" and getting a little pin (I always remember an occasion if someone gives me some jewelry!)

Den, the Brownie law here is similar to yours. I pledge to make mine in mini muffin cups so I can convince myself it's really OK to eat most of them!

Lidian
Old 12-21-2002, 09:21 PM   #60  

Oh yeah, Den. snicker.

That's right... the beanie. It was brown felt. With a disgusting stem on top.
And that bloody scarf. Ugly. Orange and white. The only thing I liked was the belt with the little leather "purse" attached. I used it for my "spy kit".
I've got a picture of me with my "troup". I'm on the ground with one knee up. Naturally you can see my white shorts that I'm wearing underneath... and every damned person INSISTED it was my underware!!! I just wasn't a girly girl.
Closed Thread