Alternachicks Halloween Challenge

You're on Page 3 of 22
Go to
  • I'm new here but I'll join! I would love to hit 225. So that would be 35lbs. That would be 2.5 a week I hope thats not to much.
  • The scale this morning says I lost 5lbs. already, but I still don't believe it! I just started 3 days ago! Mostly I'm scared of two things - losing my motivation, and maintaining.
  • rhythm - I need to start saving for this costume. It IS steep - but at least I can use it as a dress for work, too. I think my patients will like it

Pic in costume?!>@>#? Man, I better step up my game!
  • Quote: I'm new here but I'll join! I would love to hit 225. So that would be 35lbs. That would be 2.5 a week I hope thats not to much.

I'm new here too, so nice to meet ya!
  • I'm down 5 lbs this week.

The scale says I'm down 7 lbs, but that's very uncommon for me. So I bumped it down a little.
  • Good job Rhythm!
  • You too, Indie! ♥
  • Can I play?

I would like to lose 30 pounds and I would love to dress up this year, I just don't know what yet.
  • Hi everyone! I'm so glad more people are joining.

Congrats to everyone who is losing weight. It's a great kick start to the challenge. I've lost a few pounds this week as well.
  • Robot- We're pretty much the same height and starting weight I'm sure we'll both hit "overweight" soon enough!
  • Playground - Wow, our stats are very close. Awesome! We can definitely do it.
  • I know it's early, but I've been practicing. I'm weighing in at 221 for the last 3 days, so I think it's official. I'm down 4 lbs. I've been passing up the fast food, avoiding the icecream, and cutting down on the starch. And really, it was because I joined this challenge that I've been thinking about it before I eat. Here's an example: I got off of work, having eaten nothing from 2-8 and was starving. (I know, pack snacks, but sometimes life gets in the way of common sense, ya know?)

There is a dairy queen three blocks away from my shop and I have to pass it on the way to pick up my girls at daycare. I have visions of moolattes and burgers dancing in my head. Then, at a red light, I remember I'm going on this challenge. I change the vision to two grilled chicken wraps and a diet soda. I feel better on the drive home. I think for me it just comes down to making more of these good choices than bad.
  • My goal is to lose 30 pounds and be able to wear a sexy halloween costume for the first time in my life
  • Thanks inkdiva! I haven't been able to dance for the past year so I am determined to get back to class in the fall. I also want to join my teacher's dance troupe - they perform locally and at charity events around the city -they are a fun bunch of women to dance with.

Well I am happy to say that I have been lifting my hand weights and doing 30 minutes on my bike most days. On the off days I have been walking for about an hour. I have noticed that walking up steep hills is not as hard as it used to be - small change, but worth noting.

I am going to aquafit tomorrow.

Congratulations to everyone who has worked on their goals this week!
  • I'm new and so excited to see this post! This is a great way to start out. I'd love to lose 25lbs and be halfway back to the weight I was at when I met my boyfriend Count me in!